Virtual Fun with a Virtual Balcony NOS 04/06/14

We just got back from our 04/06/14 Navigator of the Seas cruise and all I have to say about the virtual balcony rooms, is that they are a blast! We were in rooms 1283 & 1285 on deck 10 - room 1285's view faced forward and 1283's faced the aft. The sunrises, sunsets and port views are awesome but not nearly as entertaining as these. :-)

Enjoy.

IMG_1682_zps0b8d3242.jpg

IMG_1691_zps2c3a6a41.jpg

IMG_1693_zps8bb58c78.jpg

IMG_1683_zps5f265084.jpg

IMG_1694_zps9cb3536d.jpg

Do they have other functions besides displaying the outside? If it's raining do they display a view of it sunny? Do they turn off or do you pull a shade?

I have not sailed in a VB stateroom. But, I understand the video feed is live so would reflect actual weather and time of day. I also have heard they can be turned off. It is basically a big screen TV. Pretty cleaver idea IMHO.

We just got back from our 04/06/14 Navigator of the Seas cruise and all I have to say about the virtual balcony rooms, is that they are a blast! We were in rooms 1283 & 1285 on deck 10 - room 1285's view faced forward and 1283's faced the aft. The sunrises, sunsets and port views are awesome but not nearly as entertaining as these. :-)

Enjoy.

IMG_1694_zps9cb3536d.jpg

F'ing hilarious! Shared on Facebook....

Edited by MisterMom

Enjoy.

IMG_1682_zps0b8d3242.jpg

IMG_1691_zps2c3a6a41.jpg

IMG_1693_zps8bb58c78.jpg

IMG_1683_zps5f265084.jpg

IMG_1694_zps9cb3536d.jpg

Great shots and looked like you girls had a blast on the cruise! Can't wait for more pics!...K.O.:)

This is one of the best threads Ive ever seen on here! I mean what is not to like? Four pretty ladies with a great sense of humor just having fun on a cruise! I can see yall being the life of the party anywhere you go :)

Do they have other functions besides displaying the outside? If it's raining do they display a view of it sunny? Do they turn off or do you pull a shade?

They are real time which is very cool and is supposed to help with not getting seasick cause the boat movement and waves are exactly what's going on outside. They do turn off and there are drapes that you can close if you want to leave it on and just hear the waves. At night, the screen is pretty much black with the "virtual" railing and deck flooring glowing, which is why we closed the drapes each night. We left ours on but muted the sound and it was just great waking up to the sunlight coming thru the drapes each morning.

Okay, those are great pictures!

What are these rooms?? Are they only on Navigator? Do you have to pay more for them?

These are brand new rooms that have only been added to Navigator (so far) and I guess are kinda a precursor the to interior rooms on Quantum (don't quote me on this cause I may be wrong). I saw some of the virtual balcony rooms going for $800-$1000 which is crazy! I mean it's a great room but if I'm paying $800-$1000, I want a real balcony. On our cruise, I saw the rooms drop down to $549, then to $519 and then the day before we left they went down to $409!!!!

It definitely makes the room seem larger and the the water reflects in all the mirrors which is fantastic. Also, the view depends on what room you are in. We had the aft view and our girlfriends in the room next door to us had a forward facing view.

Great pics. Lets see if I understand this. Can you control the "view" you get? (Forward, aft, starboard or port) Or is there just one view per cabin?

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Great pictures. We also enjoyed your Gift Bag thread. You gals should be back now. Will we see a detailed cruise report?

Barklee, I'm so glad you enjoyed the pictures. Just wanted to post something fun and silly and not so darn serious. I will absolutely post a cruise report with tons of pictures. Unfortunately, most of our pics our from the ports and our excursions, which were AH-mazing. But, I will get around to it as soon as I can.

Great pics. Lets see if I understand this. Can you control the "view" you get? (Forward, aft, starboard or port) Or is there just one view per cabin?

Denise

Denise, the views are either the forward or aft and you cannot change the view. I think all of us agreed that you saw more with the aft view. The girls that were in 1285 with the forward view said pretty much all they saw was the water even when we were in port but they still really liked it. I was the only one who has cruised before and all the girls said that the virtual balcony was the way to go. It made the interior room much larger and and nobody felt claustrophobic. I have heard people complain about the club chair in the room but frankly, I liked it and did not feel like the room was too small. Also, while we were on the trip they brought in a small round ottoman to go with the chair.

Thanks so much! These cabins sound like a vast improvement from the usual inside. Almost like an ocean view but less expensive I hope. Since I often cruise solo this is great. I will definitely try to catch your review.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk