Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, or Playa Mia?

morganboys

We have a group of 10. Four are young pups at 16, 18, 20, & 21. Rest are 40+ going on the victory in July to Cozumel. Debating between Mr. Sanchos, Paradise beach, or Playa Mia. The young pups will want to play on the blow up water toys. We don't need an all inclusive since none of us drink enough to make it worth it. There will be four ships in port that day with our ship being the last to arrive. What are your thoughts as to our best option? Thanks

We would like an all Inclusive:cool:

If you want AI and have a similar aged group that wants water toys, etc. then check out Mr. Sanchos.

If you want AI and have some younger children then head to Playa Mia, where the toddlers will love the kiddie water park.

We would like an all Inclusive:cool:

I have been to Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach but not Playa Mia. I vote for Mr. Sanchos as it is truly AI. Paradise beach you have an app, a Entree and desert so thats not truly AI. The coconut shrimp is awesome as is the Whole fried fish. Reserve online for $5.00 and pay balance in cash when u get there. Taxi to and from not included in price but its aprox $20.00 for up to 4 persons( not $20.00 per person). They have taxis outside waiting to take u back

I have been to Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach but not Playa Mia. I vote for Mr. Sanchos as it is truly AI. Paradise beach you have an app, a Entree and desert so thats not truly AI. The coconut shrimp is awesome as is the Whole fried fish. Reserve online for $5.00 and pay balance in cash when u get there. Taxi to and from not included in price but its aprox $20.00 for up to 4 persons( not $20.00 per person). They have taxis outside waiting to take u back

Paradise Beach is not all-inclusive - strictly pay as you go. The nachos there are great! :cool:

Paradise Beach is not all-inclusive - strictly pay as you go. The nachos there are great! :cool:

Must have changed from the last time I was there then. I remember they gave you 3 items, one app, one main entree item and a desert.This may have been many years ago as I havent been there since the manager took school supplies for the local kids. He now runs a bar hop excursion thingy so It has been a while

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paradise Beach, went on my last cruise. We're not drinkers so,I like the pay as you go, only $3 pp entry fee, $10 minimum on food. We got a order of nachos and smoothies. We spent no more than $50 for 4 people including our taxi drive there and back. Now I did pay $18 for the water toys for my kids to enjoy, not included with the $50 for fees/food/taxi drive.

I'm going next year with my husband and I'm hoping we can parasail, which is extra.

Paradise Beach, went on my last cruise. We're not drinkers so,I like the pay as you go, only $3 pp entry fee, $10 minimum on food. We got a order of nachos and smoothies. We spent no more than $50 for 4 people including our taxi drive there and back. Now I did pay $18 for the water toys for my kids to enjoy, not included with the $50 for fees/food/taxi drive.

I'm going next year with my husband and I'm hoping we can parasail, which is extra.

Did you mean including taxi?

I am a little confused. I thought from recent posts it was around $35 return for taxi alone, then (4x$3) and (4x$10) for Paradise, not including tips. Or perhaps your children are under 6?

I have only visited with my husband and haven't taken the children yet.

We have a 12 and 7 year old. Any thoughts on which might be best for us? We wouldn't mind some drinks..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are doing the Playa Mia as my grands are 11 & 9. With everything that I read, younger kids have more to do there and it is IA so that is a win-win for us.

Just did Nachi Cocom and great for adults, NOT so much fun for kids. Great food, great drinks and they were very polite and helpful. Cost of raft is a lil objectionable.

I think we want to go to Nachi Cocom, but saw somewhere that they only allow a certain amount of people in per day. Did you go with an excursion or did you take a cab and just pay to get in? We are going on Oasis in less than 2 weeks. We don't want to take a cab and not be able to get in.Thanks

Just did Nachi Cocom and great for adults, NOT so much fun for kids. Great food, great drinks and they were very polite and helpful. Cost of raft is a lil objectionable.

Did you catch a cab there or go with an excursion? Don't want to take a cab and not be allowed in because of restriction on number of people allowed per day. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
I think we want to go to Nachi Cocom, but saw somewhere that they only allow a certain amount of people in per day. Did you go with an excursion or did you take a cab and just pay to get in? We are going on Oasis in less than 2 weeks. We don't want to take a cab and not be able to get in.Thanks

We always do Nachi Cocom when adults only, just catch a cab in front of the port shops. You can book online and so you are guaranteed a spot, they say they only let in 100 guest a day. Cabs are easy back and forth, drinks keep coming until you say no. The food is fine, dont do the chicken on a stick just crust and not much meat. Beach is nice too.

We loved Paradise Beach. It was just my daughter and I with 1 friend. We paid $8 each RT for a taxi and $3 each for pool only access. I paid like $15 for my daughter to get a wrist band for the blow up water toys for the day. The food was awesome and not too expensive. We would definitely go back!

When we got off the ship we started to walk a little ways from the port and one of the guys stopped us with a small map of the place and we started price haggling..lol.