Georgetown will be CROWDED

ctsharpie05

I will be arriving in Georgetown on 06/14/16..it appears there will be 4 cruise ships there that day! I will be on the Empress. I was just planning on catching a taxi and chilling at the beach (2 kids and 2 adults)...now I am worried it will be way too crowded...does anyone have experience with 4 cruise ships there?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been there yet, but I think when I am there next week they are saying 14,000 ppl in port.

I have been to Nassau and Cozumel with many ships in port and always able to get away from the crowds if you really want to!

I don't think 4 ships will be bad or noticeable at all.

Four ships is a slow day. ;)

Just be sure to remember which tender pier you are using so that you get back on the correct ship!! There are 3 tender piers (all very close to each other). It's pretty simple.

As previously noted, not everyone does the same thing. While lots of people run to Seven Mile Beach, we haven't been there in over 20 years on a land stay. We do other things while in town.

How do you find out how many ships will be in port on a specific day? We will be there 3/2

The Port Authority of the Cayman Islands publishes an online calendar. Click here to go to the page to search.

For Wednesday March 2, 2016 there are five cruise ships scheduled with a maximum total passenger load of 15,405 passengers. Second busiest day of the month.

The Port Authority of the Cayman Islands publishes an online calendar. Click here to go to the page to search.

For Wednesday March 2, 2016 there are five cruise ships scheduled with a maximum total passenger load of 15,405 passengers. Second busiest day of the month.

Thanks for that site. I checked to see about the day we will be in port. I have been saying that it would be crowded and it looks like I was right. It is the most crowded day, March 23, with 21,452. I wish we were only going to have 15,405. This number is way too many!!!!!

We were there last Wed. the 17th. There were 5 ships there, one of them was the Oasis with 6,000 passengers. Luckily, my husband booked a Stingray City tour through Carnival, so we were able to get away from some of the crowds. Upon return, we tried to walk outside of the port and couldn't even cross the street, due to so many cars and taxis. We walked back in through some of the stores and headed back to the ship. If you can maneuver through the crowds, go for it! We really enjoyed our swim with the Stingrays!