Mighty Ships - Canada- Quantum of the Seas

Have you also seen the Advert they were filming for on board at the same time?

=

Thanks for the link to the commercial they did. I was one of the suckers they got to sit at the North Star bar for an hour and a half while filming that part. Now I watch the final product and the North Star bar part of the commercial was redone with all different people at the bar. That day we were in Barbados, I would have enjoyed the extra hour and a half on the beach instead.

Have you also seen the Advert they were filming for on board at the same time?
=

Thanks for the link to the commercial they did. I was one of the suckers they got to sit at the North Star bar for an hour and a half while filming that part. Now I watch the final product and the North Star bar part of the commercial was redone with all different people at the bar. That day we were in Barbados, I would have enjoyed the extra hour and a half on the beach instead.

Lol, didn't you get free drink vouchers?? We got some to stay OUT of the shots. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too was disappointed. I thought there would be more on the ship. They did not show many restaurants, or the other show on board. This was more about failures that happened then the ship. Pilot missing the ship (showed up late then told the Captain to park on the left without explaining anything when he had already started to park and could not change without backing up and turning around again). Problems with wind. Starwater head bang. Ifly problem check. Northstar problem.

I think the show was to show all the problems that could happen. It showed that the crew could handle it.

Lol, didn't you get free drink vouchers?? We got some to stay OUT of the shots. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha yes I spent a fair few hours sitting around for the shots - I'm in the pool scene at the start and Wonderland ;) we got quite a few drinks vouchers through the course of the cruise!

They cut out a lot of what they filmed as well, so I wonder if they'll do another cut at some point

I've just watched it. The 45 video is actually posted in Discovery Channel's Canada website. But is region locked only to Canada.

So those outside Canada cannot watch it until they do something technical to their pc/tablet/smartphone or subscribe to a paid subscription to third party companies that allow their clients to bypass any region locking.

I've just watched it. The 45 video is actually posted in Discovery Channel's Canada website. But is region locked only to Canada.

So those outside Canada cannot watch it until they do something technical to their pc/tablet/smartphone or subscribe to a paid subscription to third party companies that allow their clients to bypass any region locking.

For anyone outside Canada go to hola . Org download the patch and it will secure viewing for that episode.

We were on Quantum in March this year and our cabin attendant was Carolina! They featured her on the show. We had PVRd it so froze the screen & took couple of photos of it & Facebooked her! She was thrilled .. trying to find a link to the show for her. Anyone have any more info on that or if it is on Youtube yet?

This was not the inaugural sailing that they showcased. It was the Dec 1 sailing which they referred to on the show as 'her debut Caribbean sailing'

They (Discovery) in the Mighty Ships documentary, also refer to it as Quantum's "first big voyage" in the documentary and to it as its "First ever full length cruise".

Neither statement correct, when it went from Southampton to New Jersey on November 2nd with fare paying passengers - and no-one could argue that this was not it's "first big voyage" and it's "first ever full length cruise".

Edited by nclsuncruiser

They (Discovery) in the Mighty Ships documentary, also refer to it as Quantum's "first big voyage" in the documentary and to it as its "First ever full length cruise".

Neither statement correct, when it went from Southampton to New Jersey on November 2nd with fare paying passengers - and no-one could argue that this was not it's "first big voyage" and it's "first ever full length cruise".

Just watched the show. It was pretty well done, but now they're all starting to seem very cookie cutter.

Show how much food and drink are loaded for the voyage (seems a bit over kill when it's in every documentary), show turn-around day (same as above).

There are some unique things, but those two things are just a bit much to include in every show.

Then again, I guess not everyone watches every show so it may be new to them.

On the "first ever full length cruise" note, I thought I heard them say that it was the first ever full length cruise to the Caribbean.

On the "first ever full length cruise" note, I thought I heard them say that it was the first ever full length cruise to the Caribbean.

Yes it was the first full cruise to the Caribbean. 11 night sailing and they did not mention it stopped in St Maarten.

I was on the previous sailing Nov 23 an 8 night which they considered a Bahamas cruise with stops in Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay (which we missed because of weather)

Just watched the show. It was pretty well done, but now they're all starting to seem very cookie cutter.

Show how much food and drink are loaded for the voyage (seems a bit over kill when it's in every documentary), show turn-around day (same as above).

There are some unique things, but those two things are just a bit much to include in every show.

Then again, I guess not everyone watches every show so it may be new to them.

Hi Overtyme. You are absolutely correct. I read it though (or "heard" it!) that the implication was that it was the "first ever full length cruise"....to the Caribbean as opposed to how you read it. I find it unlikely that they were making a point that it, as a brand new ship, was on it's first ever cruise to the Caribbean ("first ever?") as opposed to implying it was the first big cruise.

In this regard, the piece which said "first big cruise" didn't mention the Caribbean.

Not an important issue in the wider scheme of things in the whole world, but I certainly think Discovery were trying to make the documentary sexier by implying it was a type of maiden voyage. The Captain had lots of problems to deal with and happily played into the impression that it was all new to him too. Which it clearly wasn't!

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know how I can watch this episode in the US? I don't mind getting a little creative with internet settings to make it seem like I am in Canada. I have Hola, and have it set to Canada, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.