Interior w/Virtual Balcony for 4 adults on Anthem?

Bob beat me to this: I'm not sure about the size of the virtual balcony interiors on Anthem but four adults would seem to be really cramped in any less-than-suite size cabin (even though RCI says the cabin can accommodate that many people). Go with two interiors if the budget can handle it and remember: that's four people sharing one bathroom if you take a single cabin!

Edited by joepeka

idw if my DW would like 4 in a room

I can only speak from a couple of experiences with four people (two adults, one teen and one pre-teen) in an interior cabin about the same size as the virtual balcony on Anthem: it was awful. There was little room for all the luggage and clothes, sharing a single bathroom was really inconvenient and (maybe this was a function of the teen and pre-teen attitudes) there was virtually zero privacy which was a large problem. Maybe your parents and you and your wife can cope in that kind of confine but we certainly could not. ;)

I cannot fathom 4 adults in an interior cabin with a single bathroom. I traveled with two friends in an interior on Enchantment and it was horrible...an interior with hubby wasn't much better. "Comfortable" is a relative term used to book as many passengers on a cruise as possible.

Me, DH and our kids, who were then 14 and 17 cruised a few years back all four of us in an inside stateroom on the Freedom. I suspect that the Anthem insides are a bit larger but the comment about the bathroom is very true. It took a long time to get everyone out in the morning, and I ended up showing in the gym every night just to avoid us having to start getting ready for the evening ridiculously early. You also have to consider whether two of you will be willing to get up into upper bunk beds (unless the Anthem configuration is different). My husband (6'2") and I (5'10") came in one night to find our kids (then probably 5'9" and 5'8") asleep with their feet hanging over the ends of their beds and arms hanging over the sides. It worked out fine, it was a last minute trip and we were looking to keep the cost down so it was totally worth it, but the next year we cruised in two interior cabins on the Oasis and this summer we will do the same on Anthem. I imagine the dynamic would be different with four true adults, as opposed to two adults and two teens. One other thing to keep in mind is that while getting two rooms was certainly more expensive than getting one, the cost differential, particularly for two inside rooms, was less than I expected. Two rooms wasn't double the price of one.

We did an interior 1 time... Last minute New Years cruise with our son so just the 3 of us but he was almost 6' tall at the time so the size of an adult. It was just 3 of us so i can't imagine 4 people. I hated an interior cabin so would never do that again .....the virtual window might make it a little better but I certainly wouldn't risk ruining my vacation in getting 1cabin.

Same here. Did it with two pre-teens, it was ok, but just about, can't imagine 4 adults. The main issue for us was luggage room. Not enough space to put all our clothing in the cupboards, so kids had to keep some in their suitcases. They went under the beds, but getting them in an out and just trying to be organised was not great.

Can't imagine the noise to if some of the parties are guilty of snoring :)

• 3 months later...

We were considering the same recently with our older teens ... We were going to have a balcony for four but the operator at RCI checked the prices on two smaller balconies and it worked out several hundred cheaper to get two rooms . I still have no idea how ... Maybe there was a deal on certain rooms ... But worth checking as I nearly booked the 4 in 1 on line !

They say 4 adults can fit in a interior w/Virtual balcony I'm just wondering how much room there is, or is it better to book two separate rooms. We just wanted to save money for my parents, but how cramp will it be?

It will be cramped. Did you double check that the cabin would have a pull out sofa? We had an interior for three last year and one of us had to climb up to the "bunk bed". That was really uncomfortable. This year we got a balcony with a pull out!