Wine stores near FLL port

57redbird

There's a Walgreens about a mile and a half away. There's a Publix Super Market about 2 miles away. Publix will have a better selection.

Oakwood Plaza is 0.2 miles away. If you Google Oakwood Plaza Dania Florida, you'll find a list of stores and restaurants.

No store can sell any alcohol before Noon on Sundays in Florida.

No, it's weird. Different towns have different rules. But both Fort Lauderdale and Dania are noon Sunday.

We have gone to BJ's for a good selection of wines. It's straight across the street about 2 blocks down on the right ( easy walking). You don't have to be a member, just go to the service desk to pay for your wine. Also, directly across the road is a service station that has a little convenience market in it. It has a small selection of cheap wines if you're not too picky. Good luck!

If you are taking a cab, order from Total Wine and make a quick stop there.

I have to confess though, that's it difficult for me to walk in and out of this "candy store" that has offerings we can't get here.

It's fabulous with a great selection of various prices and the staff are very, very helpful.

If I am embarking out of FLL, it's always a stop (or two) to Total Wine. ;)

We have gone to BJ's for a good selection of wines. It's straight across the street about 2 blocks down on the right ( easy walking). You don't have to be a member, just go to the service desk to pay for your wine. Also, directly across the road is a service station that has a little convenience market in it. It has a small selection of cheap wines if you're not too picky. Good luck!

Thanks, but when I look at the website for BJ's it doesn't look like it's near the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach.....is it?

At some Total Wine stores you can order online and pick it up at the store.

I can confirm that the Fort Lauderdale store does online order with store pick up. Just beware the noon opening time on Sunday. It's 9:00 AM all other days.

The OP is staying in Dania, which means that they'll likely not pass Total Wine on the way to the port. They'll probably use either the I-595 or FL-84 entrance to Port Everglades.

Thanks, but when I look at the website for BJ's it doesn't look like it's near the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach.....is it?

I'd call the hotel. I'm sure that the front desk can tell you your best option.

Ditto to this - BJs will let you purchase wine without a membership card. Selection decent, but not great IMO.

Kmart also has a limited selection of wine - right up front behind the registers.

Springhill suites in Dania beach ( on 18th str.?) is where we usually stay pre-cruise. You walk down the hotel drive and cross the busy street (Stirling?) and continue on about a block and it's on the right.

Thanks for the info -- we won't have a car & will be using various shuttles from the airport & to the port so no ability to stop.