Best Island Tours - Operator

Annefran

Hi All,

Our group is stopping in Martinique on the Quantum of the Seas next April. I haven't been to Martinique since 1991 and really didn't like it then. I'm hoping by now it's more built up and a better port stop.

A lot of group has never been there. Can anyone suggest a reputable operator and island tour? Would like to see majority of the island this trip. Thanks in advance, happy cruising!

Hi All,

Our group is stopping in Martinique on the Quantum of the Seas next April. I haven't been to Martinique since 1991 and really didn't like it then. I'm hoping by now it's more built up and a better port stop.

A lot of group has never been there. Can anyone suggest a reputable operator and island tour? Would like to see majority of the island this trip. Thanks in advance, happy cruising!

We are facing the same thing: we want to do something on the island next April. One reason we booked the cruise was seeing Martinique as we have never been there. No, it seems we are having trouble finding any decent tours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are also heading to Martinique and have had no luck finding a local tour operator. We are interested in history, culture and nature. I created a website with a page for each port. You might find the Martinique Page helpful. Our cruise is Nov 1st, out of San Juan on the Carnival Splendor.

Carnival has yet to post excursions for Martinique and it might be weeks before they do.

So, any help appreciate! John

I've also created a website for our April NCL Pearl cruise with a webpage for each port: Martinique. It's a compilation of things I've found online.

There's also a link to NCL Excursions. All cruise lines probably offer similar tours. Like on other islands, I'm sure there are non-ship excursions you can book but so far I haven't really found anything that looks like it'd work for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've also created a website for our April NCL Pearl cruise with a webpage for each port: Martinique. It's a compilation of things I've found online.

There's also a link to NCL Excursions. All cruise lines probably offer similar tours. Like on other islands, I'm sure there are non-ship excursions you can book but so far I haven't really found anything that looks like it'd work for us.

Candydane...thank you so much for sharing your website. I'm going on the Pearl to most of these islands and so far the best information I have seen so far for ship and ports. Again, thank you for sharing!

Deb

Candydane...thank you so much for sharing your website. I'm going on the Pearl to most of these islands and so far the best information I have seen so far for ship and ports. Again, thank you for sharing!

Deb

You're welcome. I've done cruise websites for years. It's much easier and more efficient than having to print things as I find them and end up with a stack of papers! Or worse yet, "remember I read something" but can't remember where or exactly what I read! :(

Thanks goodness for "cut and paste" abilities on my computer!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
What's Quantum offering for shore excursions in Martinique?

LuLu

Lulu, I just looked at RCI and there's only 10 tours listed. Not much beach or island tours though. What they have listed is sparse with information too. Maybe once RCI gets closer to sailing to this itinerary, they will add more tours.

For anyone cruising on Carnival's Splendor on Nov. 1, 2014, per John Heald, excursions for Martinique should be posted in late August, on Carnival's website.

~looking at watch~ okay, it's late August...

Nope, still no excursions in Martinique...

~sigh~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just went online to look at Royal's excursions again. There are a total of 15 for our Quantum cruise but nothing really I want to do. I really would like an island tour and then end up at their best beach for the day. Hopefully something will come up soon!

• 3 weeks later...
We are also on the splendor Nov1st and are not getting much options for Martinique, so we might just go with one of the ship tours

For what's being offered, we're doing a tour through Carnival. It goes to enough points of interest, leaving a few hours afterwards, to walk around town. I like booking my own private tours, but this island is a little more inconvenient, compared to other ports.

Edited by Caribbean_Dreamer37

• 2 weeks later...
For what's being offered, we're doing a tour through Carnival. It goes to enough points of interest, leaving a few hours afterwards, to walk around town. I like booking my own private tours, but this island is a little more inconvenient, compared to other ports.

I think we will do the same, but thru RCI. We always book independent, but can't find anything that is anywhere near affordable to see the island. I am really surprised as we booked this itinerary just because it was going to Martinique....LOL!!

I think we will do the same, but thru RCI. We always book independent, but can't find anything that is anywhere near affordable to see the island. I am really surprised as we booked this itinerary just because it was going to Martinique....LOL!!

I delayed booking the Carnival tour we want, and as of today, there's only 1 ticket left. We'll have to see if we want something else.

Hi all, I'm starting to think more and more of only booking through RCI too for a tour. I've googled around so much but cannot seem to find any tour companies. I know that I've read where some people have had success with just getting off the ship and booking tours through companies that were waiting at the end of the pier area. I guess depending on what you want to do; beach, tour the island you can probably find a tour once off the ship. But I believe you will need Euros for the private tour companies or taxis. If you book through your ship, you won't need Euros. Hopefully our cruise lines will add more tours soon. Thanks all who have posted helpful information.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, I'm starting to think more and more of only booking through RCI too for a tour. I've googled around so much but cannot seem to find any tour companies. I know that I've read where some people have had success with just getting off the ship and booking tours through companies that were waiting at the end of the pier area. I guess depending on what you want to do; beach, tour the island you can probably find a tour once off the ship. But I believe you will need Euros for the private tour companies or taxis. If you book through your ship, you won't need Euros. Hopefully our cruise lines will add more tours soon. Thanks all who have posted helpful information.

As we get closer to our cruise (Jan 2015) and nothing else can be found, we will probably resort to taking an RCI ship tour too, as we do want to see some of the island. But nothing new has been added and the "pickings are slim" to say the least....LOL!! But as others have said, I'm afraid if we wait too much longer that the tours will fill and we'll be out of luck for sure....hmmm!! Kind of disappointed as we booked this itinerary JUST BECAUSE it included Martinique. :confused: