Pre- concierge letter and luggage tags- no more pillow,tea menu, no welcome" booklet

DrNora

Received our pre- concierge letter today for our 3rd Getaway Haven cruise. Our lovely luggage tags were included..

This time there is no little list of choices for pillows or tea, no " welcome " booklet- just a few lines about calling the pre-concierge with any requests. It's also tells me to access the Welcome Book online.

Is this something new, or is it because we are repeat GA cruisers? Gotta say, it is pretty blah and underwhelming , on cheap paper and with smears on the ink. If I didn't know what was in store as a Haven guest, I might be concerned.

Been that way since at least 2013.

Far as I'm concerned, that welcome book is a waste of paper, time, postage, and money and contains nothing you can't read in the linked pdf. One could print it themselves if they really wanted.

Edited by triptolemus

Can anyone let me know when you are supposed to get the letter and luggage tags? We depart in 4 weeks and are in the haven.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I got my letter and tags about 1 month out.

I called the number and had the types of teas and coffees waiting in cabin. If I forgot something, I just asked the butler and walaaaa I had it.

Our communication about that stuff came in an email from the Pre-Cruise Concierge, and everything was in place when we boarded.

Same here, via email. Called concierge desk as requested to make pillow choices, coffee, tea options, and inform them of arrival time to be met ( Haven perk) at boarding. Asked about luggage tag info. Was told it was "pending" to be sent and she would expedite it. Typically sent at 60 days. Same with airfare confirmation, 60 days.

We booked flight and cruise through NCL. Flying in departure day AM. If flight screws up and we miss the ship, it's NCLs fault and not the airline or ours.

What is a tea menu?

From our email - menu options

In addition to the luxurious feather pillows in your suite, you can also select from the following pillow options:

Pillow Options

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Haven't needed any pre cruise requests . I was just surprised at the chintziness of the letter as opposed to recent past cruises.

We always get our tags about 50-60 days out.

I like the useless booklet- it was as close as we got to the good ol' days when the cruise documents came in a neat packet...a much more personal feel than everything Internet .

Received our pre- concierge letter today for our 3rd Getaway Haven cruise. Our lovely luggage tags were included..

This time there is no little list of choices for pillows or tea, no " welcome " booklet- just a few lines about calling the pre-concierge with any requests. It's also tells me to access the Welcome Book online.

Is this something new, or is it because we are repeat GA cruisers? Gotta say, it is pretty blah and underwhelming , on cheap paper and with smears on the ink. If I didn't know what was in store as a Haven guest, I might be concerned.[/quote

Will the concierge make hair and spa appts? Specialty restaurants and show reservations? Do you speak to a person?

Like the rest of the business world, they are going more and more 'paperless'. I make my requests via response to the email that they send me and have always had them taken care of upon boarding.

You could print the booklet on your own printer and have it 'just like the old days', well, sort of. At least you would have something in your hand instead of a computer screen. Don't you just love the dreaming and planning before a vacation? :)

Like the rest of the business world' date=' they are going more and more 'paperless'. I make my requests via response to the email that they send me and have always had them taken care of upon boarding.

You could print the booklet on your own printer and have it 'just like the old days', well, sort of. At least you would have something in your hand instead of a computer screen. Don't you just love the dreaming and planning before a vacation? :)

[/size']

If it saves money, as well as the earth, I'm okay with everything paperless. As you said, if someone has to have it the can print it, instead of NCL printing tons of them that nobody uses.

Is this something new, or is it because we are repeat GA cruisers? Gotta say, it is pretty blah and underwhelming , on cheap paper and with smears on the ink. If I didn't know what was in store as a Haven guest, I might be concerned.[/quote

Will the concierge make hair and spa appts? Specialty restaurants and show reservations? Do you speak to a person?

The preconcierge gets your cabin ready. The concierge on board will take care of appts.

Been that way since at least 2013.

Far as I'm concerned, that welcome book is a waste of paper, time, postage, and money and contains nothing you can't read in the linked pdf. One could print it themselves if they really wanted.

Umm - no

We got them for 2 Getaway and one Breakaway cruise.

The last was less than 4 months ago[emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji572]️