Flight from FLL

ISABELLA

If you returning to Port Everglades then the airport is at most a 10 minute taxi ride... However, while I'm sure you will be fine..... I would wait a bit more, you never know what Customs may do.... better a few hours later then then next day.

What usually happens to me is that if I leave a buffer, I never need it... if I don't leave the buffer, I always wish I had!

Is 10:50 AM flight too early?

In a word I would say yes. There have been times when we have not even gotten off the ship until after 10:00. Then by the time you get to the airport and check in, I believe it's cutting it way too close.

I'm sure there are others who have made early flights, but I always book 12:00 PM and after just to be safe.

Anne Maria

They strongly advise you not to book a return flight earlier than noon. While you might get off the ship in time, remember you have to fight the terrible crowds at the airport, with standing in line not only for check in, but security. I've had to stand in line for as long as 45 minutes just to check the bags and then another 45 minutes for security.

We had an 11:15am flight on Sun Mar 13th and almost didn't make it! We had to run to the gate. While we made it to the airport quickly, we were held up at check-in and security.

I would book a later flight.

Good luck.

No one can get off the ship until it is cleared by U.S. Customs. I have been on ships where the passengers started to get off at 7:30AM and on others where no one got off before 9:30AM. A flight at 10:50AM could be a crapshoot as it depends not only what time you get off the ship but how crowded the airport is and how long the line is to go through security.

We just got off one of the ships in Feb..one of the first off......the 10:50 would be a push and everything would have to fall in place the right way. Saw a couple who had not gotten to the airport and checked in within the 30 minute guideline and Song(Delta) has given their seats away..(They were there with around 20 minutes to spare and the passengers had not even boarded yet).The poor couple was frantic and was not assured of getting a guarantee flight assignment till Monday (this was on a Sat.) They were waitlisting for anyway they could to get back to New York

10:50 is too early. We've flown out of FLL many times over the years. Security lines are always long on days the cruise ships disembark. If you were delayed for the slightest reason, it could be a real problem for you. Take a flight that departs after Noon. After a great cruise, why stress yourself out as soon as you're off the ship?

It is too early.. We had the same dillema last year when we sailed on Zuiderdam.

Difference in price for roundtrip Boston - FLL at 10:41 and 12:30 was around $80 per person!!! We however didn't want to take a risk and booked Embassy Suites on price line for only $55 and stayed 1 more day in lovely FLL.

I think you will be fine with the time. We have always taken a flight at around 11:00 and never had a problem. That said, this time we are leaving at 4:30 in the afternoon. The airport is very crowded early and the lines can be quite challenging. We also wanted to take a post tour of Fort Lauderdale, having never done one. We will be off the ship by 8:00 and delivered to the airport after our tour is over. Sometime in the afternoon around 2:00 or so, hopefully with a lot less crowded airport.

It also depends on the ship you are sailing and the terminal they are using. The Summit is a perfect example. When it returns to Ft Lauderdale on a Friday they don't use their regular terminal. When we sailed out on Friday last year, at 11:00 people were stilll getting off the ships. It was a very busy day and customs was running very slow. When they come in on a Monday, no problem.

It is too early.. We had the same dillema last year when we sailed on Zuiderdam.

Difference in price for roundtrip Boston - FLL at 10:41 and 12:30 was around $80 per person!!! We however didn't want to take a risk and booked Embassy Suites on price line for only $55 and stayed 1 more day in lovely FLL.

Unfortunetely cannot stay any extra days after 2 weeks cruise.

Tatka,

What part of the "Old country" you are from? Maybe we are from the same area? We are here 25 years. Seems thath we share the same passion in cruising, you can e-mail me, if you'd like - vic7bella@aol.com.

Archived