NCLH shareholder Benefit

FIRELT5

Really? Are you a financial analyst? Everyone buys stocks, bonds and other investments for various reasons. We bought it based on several reasons...and sold it based on other reasons.

Why do you buy stock? None of my business, right?:rolleyes:

I was only questioning because the comment was: we bought it for the OBC. I am surprised anyone would buy for that reason. Yes, we do buy for many reasons, I just can't see the value in buying stock for $100 OBC. No, I certainly am not an expert, in fact I often wish I had been a little wiser with my investments. I would never have questioned you if you had said we bought it for many reasons, I too bought it for many reasons. The least being any perks cause we didn't know they existed.

What they do if you have received some sort of promo rate and cannot receive the $100 OBC is, they give you a bottle of wine and dinner at Cagneys which is almost worth $100 if you ask me anyways.

:)

I was only questioning because the comment was: we bought it for the OBC. I am surprised anyone would buy for that reason. Yes, we do buy for many reasons, I just can't see the value in buying stock for $100 OBC. No, I certainly am not an expert, in fact I often wish I had been a little wiser with my investments. I would never have questioned you if you had said we bought it for many reasons, I too bought it for many reasons. The least being any perks cause we didn't know they existed.

What if you bought the stock at $22 when it first came out....total investment $2200.

You're retired, and you cruise 3 - 4 times per year. In 6 years, the stock.... whatever it's worth then, has become essentially a freebie thanks to the $100 value on each trip.

It's not why I bought (and I wasn't smart enough to buy at 22, either), but I can see why some people might factor-in a benefit like this....

How long does it take for NCL to reply?

I sent NCL two emails so far (on July 14th and 23rd). So far I have not received any reply whatsoever.

Normally I would have expected at least some automatic response mail along the lines of "Thank your for your message. We will get back to you asap."

However, I have not heard from them at all. Should I try calling them?

What has been your experience?

I would call or fax in the documents. I had a problem last year and it was due to the email getting mis-routed. Do not trust sending them email...it goes to a black hole.

• 2 weeks later...
I was refused the OBC because I bought the cruise at a discount in a package ??????

:mad:

Didn't they give you dinner for 2 at Cagney & wine instead? I just emailed my documents in and a few days later I got an email saying I couldn't get the OBC because we got a discounted rate so they gave us Cagney's and wine instead. Cagney's is now showing on my vacation summary.

NOTE: Doesn't matter who you booked with. You send the documents directly to NCL, not your TA.

Edited by peg013

Investing is that word.

Obtaining a Shareholder Benefit is a different reason and/or a benefit of holding the underlying shares in a firm. In a taxable account it should be shown to your financial professional yes a CPA or PA. They can issue the opinion. Obtain it in writing too!;)

The major cruise lines have a wonderful Shareholder benefit . RCL: :NYSE and the larger CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE. :cool

Did youall know?::

Norwegian Breakaway, was named “Best New Ship of 2013” by the editors of Cruise Critic: The Independent Traveler, Inc.

NCLH :NASDAQ

Trading and Ticker Symbol: NCLH CUSIP: G66721104 Exchange: NGS.

Address: Cumberland House, 9th Floor, 1 Victoria Street, Hamilton HM 11, Bermuda.

US Address:

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd.

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Where you send your Shareholder Benefit Problems and Praises now:

Mr. Kevin M. Sheehan , Chief Executive Officer and President

(He made over 4,800,000.00 $USD Last year.) Yes that is more than you Utilities :Water/Power/Phone/Gas.

Investor Relations Contact Information:

Miss Andrea De Marco

Director Investor Relations

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Phone: 305-468-2463

Fax: 305-436-4140

Transfer Agent & Registrar:

American Stock Transfer

409 Hayward Avenue, Suite 2

St. Paul, MN 55128

(800) 937-5449 – toll free

(718) 921-8124 - International

:::

If they do not abide what they say it is against the SEC Rules !

Yes I got the steak house and wine but do not see it on the on my account. Where should I look ?

If I own the stock why not get the OBC

Weird - it was showing right below the itinerary on the Vacation Summary Page and is titled "Amenity Details" it had CAG in the description. Now it has AMO50 there instead? I'm guessing it is because we already have the UDP that they changed it.....but what might AMO stand for and is it $50 OBC or $100 like most of the other OBC's only showing 1/2 the amount of OBC.

Below is copied from my Vacation Summary Page:

Sun New York, New York ---- 4:00 pm 1

Mon At Sea ---- ---- 2

Tue At Sea ---- ---- 2

Wed King's Wharf, Bermuda 8:00 am ---- 2

Thu Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda (overnight) ---- ---- 1

Fri King's Wharf, Bermuda ---- 5:00 pm 2

Sat At Sea ---- ---- 1

Sun New York, New York 8:00 am ---- 0

Amenity Details

•AMO50

•UBP1

•UDP

Edited by peg013

Yes I got the steak house and wine but do not see it on the on my account. Where should I look ?

If I own the stock why not get the OBC

Because the OBC isn't an entitlement, it's a 'benefit' And the ''benefit' comes with strings. One of those strings is that it cannot be combined with any other OBC or any other discount.

The dinner at Cagneys ($30 pp) and wine ($30) = $90 total value, is their way of providing equivalent value despite the restriction.

I just printed-out the email from them.... because I don't see it in my reservation either.

Stephen

Thanks everybody for your helpful suggestions.

I just got back yesterday and wanted to share my experience with you.

Since I had sent two emails to NCL without replies, I then talked to my TA. They contacted NCL which resulted in a call from the Miami office saying I would only get the Cagney's deal (dinner for two + bottle of wine) since I already got another obc from my TA.

However, I did not get anything in writing at first and wrote another mail asking them to send me something in writing. It took them a few days but eventually I got the confirmation from NCL.

Once we were on the ship nobody knew about that deal, so I showed them my email and a few days later I had a letter in my stateroom which I then took to Cagney's. So finally we got our benefits in the form of steaks and wine.

All in all I think they should not introduce such benefits, if it comes with so many strings attached. They should have rather thought about it first. I mean they knew it would cost them some money.

As some of you pointed out, the Cagney's deal is not so bad (even though I would have much preferred my OBC), but they should not make people jump through so many hoops. Just my 2cents.

Sharing another recent experience - I was initially denied the OBC (which is in line with policy, so appropriate) but after reading here about the Cagney's offer, I recontacted Shareholder Services. Initially, they also said I wasn't eligible for Cagney's because I had the UDP. I pointed out that others in my party did not and it would be nice if they could join us for dinner. The representative agreed and added the dinner for two + wine to my account. When I asked for an Amenities Confirmation, the information was there.

Upon arriving in our stateroom, a bottle of wine with a "thank you" from the Shareholder benefit team was waiting along with a certificate for dinner for two at Cagney's. A group of seven of us dined in Cagney's one night - two had the UDP, two were covered by the Shareholder certificate, two were half priced kids, and one was full price. Fabulous benefit in my opinion considering that by policy, I was due nothing.

Hope this helps and of course, your mileage may vary!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So here's a different twist: I own 100 shares and travel solo. Would I get one dinner or two? In fairness, it should be two.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You'll get a certificate for dinner-for-two + bottle of wine. Invite whomever you wish.

But you won't get 2 separate dinners (i.e. 1 each on different nights) because the certificate needs to be redeemed.

Someone please copy and paste the Shareholder Benefit here :

When a firm does give an OBC, IMHO, personally and professionally it is wonderful. Better than what Wigley Wrigley did in giving Gum Sleeves out.

CCL /CUK :NYSE/LSE and RCL :NYSE has a wonderful progressive Shareholder Benefit of OBCs. Carnival allows it and provides it on all the 13 lines and all its what 107 ships. The longer you cruise the more OBC they provide you too.

When is NCL going to too?;)

The old adage works: ASK and YE Shall Recieve!

Just reread the fine print. Not sure a solo traveler in a studio gets anything! I'll be really annoyed! Though it's not the only reason I bought, I figured it would compensate a little for no dividends!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was refused the OBC because I bought the cruise at a discount in a package ??????

:mad:

Did it come with an OBC? If so, that is why, they would be giving you an on board credit on top of an obc. What they usually do is; allow a dinner for 2 in Cagney's and a bottle of wine. That amounts to just about the same as an OBC.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to post another experience with Stockholders. I faxed my broker statement on Tuesday for our cruise on 11/6. Received a phone call from the office on Wednesday. The nice woman stated that we were not eligible for the $100 OBC because we already have a discount which happens to be an AARP discount. She offered me the Dinner for 2 at Cagneys and a bottle of wine. I asked her to check the AARP discount. It was $27. I asked her to remove that discount which she did and I paid $27 with my credit card. She then gave us the $100 OBC and sent confirmation emails immediately. Cagneys is not worth giving up an additional $73. We can still choose to use our OBC to go there if we want but probably will not since we are both platinum members and will eat get a dinner for two at LeBistro with a bottle of wine each.

I got the same line about already having OBC or a discount or some such baloney. It is sort of ridiculous. If they are stating a shareholder benefit of x,there shouldn't be any conditions around it. Just give the benefit!

Edited by conandrob240

Just wanted to post another experience with Stockholders. I faxed my broker statement on Tuesday for our cruise on 11/6. Received a phone call from the office on Wednesday. The nice woman stated that we were not eligible for the $100 OBC because we already have a discount which happens to be an AARP discount. She offered me the Dinner for 2 at Cagneys and a bottle of wine. I asked her to check the AARP discount. It was $27. I asked her to remove that discount which she did and I paid $27 with my credit card. She then gave us the $100 OBC and sent confirmation emails immediately. Cagneys is not worth giving up an additional $73. We can still choose to use our OBC to go there if we want but probably will not since we are both platinum members and will eat get a dinner for two at LeBistro with a bottle of wine each.

Don't use your OBC to do it.... otherwise you just wasted $27 AARP discount.

Cagney's = $30 pp x 2 = $ 60. + 1 bottle of wine around $35 = $95 total benefit.

I got the same line about already having OBC or a discount or some such baloney. It is sort of ridiculous. If they are stating a shareholder benefit of x,there shouldn't be any conditions around it. Just give the benefit!

Promotions always have associated Terms and Conditions (and not just on NCL). One of the most common is that certain promotions can't be combined.

Those are the rules and if you don't like them you can vote with your wallet and book your cruises on and purchase shares of another line(which will have it's own set of restrictions).

It's not a promotion. It's a listed shareholder benefit. My point is if you are going to offer it and list it as a benefit, it shouldn't have a bunch of terms and conditions attached to it. It either is or it isn't a benefit. Period.

And, yes, I know my options with regard to other lines. It isn't about that. I think the NCL brand is a good one. I can have an opinion about something without selling my shares and investing elsewhere. My feelings about how they promote and handle the shareholder benefit can be separate from my desire to own the stock. I certainly didn't invest because of the benefit.