Medication issues

den55z

Can I bring my prescription of narcotic pain medication aboard ? (Loritab for Severe back/neck pain it's under control so long as I take the medicine )

Are there small safes like I see in some hotel/motels in the cabin?

Thanks in advance.

If you are cruising out of a Florida port it is essential that you keep them in the original container while in transit--and I would carry a copy of the scrip as well. If narcotics in an unlabled container (or loose) are found in your posession, or in your vehicle if you get pulled over, or in your carryon bag at the airport, you will very likely be detained.

Yes, you can bring any prescribed medication on the ship and the advice to leave narcotic in the original pharmacy vial is good.

You don't mention what ship or cruise line you are sailing but every cabin on HAL ships has a safe. It is a very good idea to lock up any narcotic or any other 'obviously sought' medications.

Weclome to Cruise Critic.

I keep all precriptions in their original bottles.

DH takes many prescriptions and I also have to take medication for spinal stenosis -- quite bad at times.

And I do keep all medications locked up.

If you are flying to the port -- keep all medications in your carry-on or in your purse.

There are safes in the rooms on the ship and, yes, take the original bottle for the prescription.

Keith

:confused:

Where did you see which ship or for that matter cruise line? I looked and didn't see either mentioned?

Does every ship, every cruise line have a safe in every cabin?

That is good to know if that is the case.

Thanks to all for all the great info.

Some asked which cruies line & ship.

It's Carnival ship name Carnival Elation.

Thanks again,

Dennis :)

Bring a card that has a magentic strip to use as a safekey.

I also get a written perscription for a refill from the doctor when going out of the country just in case something happens to the pills we brought with us. With narcotics, your doctor may have some reservations so it's best to speak to him/her in advance. If it's a concern, tell the doctor to write a script for just the number of days you will be gone & offer to return it if you don't need it while traveling.

Archived