Any suggestions for Martinis?

Bootstrap77

Do you recommend upgrading to the premium package? Can you do it at any point in your cruise? Do they ever offer better promotions onboard?

Thanks

It depends on what you drink.

We always upgrade. But I like the higher end cocktails and martinis, and usually have one before dinner and one after. DH prefers craft beers. At dinner, I like sparkling water. I also enjoy many of the more expensive wines. We grab the large bottles of Evian to take on excursions with us.

Less important to us is the brand of liquor used in mixed drinks, but the premium package allows one to order different brands. If you are a whiskey drinker or if you have a preference, this might make the difference for you. Here is the list:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

You can order the package onboard after embarkation day at a pro-rated rate up until 3 days before the end of the cruise. There are no specials, so you might want to wait a day, look at the menus, see what you want to order and then decide. Similarly, if your cruise has a lot of ports in the first few days, you might want to wait for your sea days to start.

The Blue Martini and Chocolate Martini are two of my favorites. I also really liked several of the drinks in the World Class Bar although most are not served in a martini glass. The tequila drink in WCB (cant remember the name) is probably my all time favorite.

Hi

Sailing out on the Equinox in January. Looking for some suggestions for Martinis. I don't like dry Martinis, I like sweet, fresh, or fruity. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Just want to know what I should ask the bartender for.

Thanks again !!!

Godiva chocolate!

Or try a flight!

IMG_3355.jpg.c0ce346181904c3f37f059fd8b595b19.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg.686267d8f52c3dfc0da5f05d533b4cf4.jpg

Martinis have evolved from a real Martini to now...where anything put in a Martini glass is considered a Martini. One reason we love the Premium Drink Package on X...is the ability to freely explore new martini options (if you don;t like it....just order something else). On our last Eclipse cruise we saw quite a few folks drinking Expresso Martinis..decided to try one (I love expresso) and immediately loved the drink. Once we returned home I spent months perfecting my own Espresso Martini formula. On that same cruise we also tried a Scotch based martini which was only served at the World Class Bar. Although I enjoyed that drink I had no clue as to their basic formula...so when we return to the Eclipse (next month) that will be one of my tasks :).

Hank

Espresso martini...truly amazing...not sweet or too "coffee" strong

Missed your post before I posted about loving the espresso Martini. And by coincidence, just enjoyed my own version tonight :). So here is my simple formula, derived after many months of trial and error (all fun). I give you my formula in shots (I use 1 1/2 ounce shots but you can change the quantity as long as you keep the approximate proportions. At home I have my own Superespresso machine and exclusively use Lavazza Pienaroma Beans. If you do not have your own expresso machine you can try to substitute powered expresso..but the results will not be as good. Use 1 1/2 shots of Vodka (the brand does not matter much because of all the ingrediants), 1 shot of Kahlua, 1 1/2 shots of freshly made (and chilled) expresso, and 2/3 of a shot of white Creme de Cacao. Put that all in a shaker (full of ice) shake...and enjoy :).

You can also choose to coat your martini glass with a few squirts of Hershey's Chocolate....in which case you might want to reduce the amount of Creme de Cacao to about 1/3 - 1/2 of a shot.

Hank