Looking for beach in Cozumel

pinkaboo

We're a family of 8 will also be going to Cozumel and we would really like it to be a nice easy breezy day at the beach. Any suggestions where there's no drop off in the water.. It's nothing worse than strolling into the water and your next step drops about 3-5 feet unexpectedly..

Oh and try getting up 3-5 feet.. Now that's the challenge.. lol

So, we're Looking for a nice beach with facilities and hopefully a little food.

Any suggestions for beaches that have no cost where you just pay for food and maybe loungers and umbrellas?

Mr Sanchos has a pretty good drop off of about 3-4feet and that's not good for us or should I say we're looking for easy entry w/o any drop offs,

We'll be sailing on the Oasis

We have been to Coz many times and usually look for beach clubs with good snorkeling. That means rocks and coral are the norm. The only two places that we have visited that might meet you criteria would be Paradise Beach or Playa Palancar. Paradise is good if you have youngsters. Palancar is farther from the piers, less crowded and the fish tacos alone are worth the trip. Both have lots of sand, and gentle slope going some distance out into the water. I have not been to Nachi yet, but I believe that it is similar.

Paradise Beach would be my suggestion - $3 admission/chair rental, great facilities, nice beach, water toys (extra fee) HUGE pool and good food/drinks/service.

Taxi van for all 8 will be $30+ each way - fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier. There are three cruise ship piers on Coz, so be sure you return to the correct one (it can get confusing after 6-7 margaritas :o).

Have a great cruise! :)

I would second the Paradise beach recommendation. For the more active in the group they can buy a wristband $18 for access to paddle boards, kayaks, and inflatable water toys. The inactive can watch them from the shade, knowing they only spent $3. Probably not a problem to spend $10 per person on food/drinks if you are there a while.

We LOVE the Money Bar. We went there last October. There is no charge for the lounge chairs and you pay for what you get to eat and drink.

It doesn't have a typical beach. There is sand for the loungers and a seawall. You can walk down a path to the water. The water does get deeper but you don't have to go out too far.

We will go back there!

I'm following this thread since we will be in Cozumel on Dec. 7, 2016. I think Paradise Beach fits our needs, but I have a question. Do I need a reservation or do we just go there the day we are in port, pay the $3, purchase $10 pp in food and call it a day? TIA for your help!

I'm following this thread since we will be in Cozumel on Dec. 7, 2016. I think Paradise Beach fits our needs, but I have a question. Do I need a reservation or do we just go there the day we are in port, pay the $3, purchase $10 pp in food and call it a day? TIA for your help!

Just turn up, no pre-booking.