Married But Cruising Single?

CruzerDeb

I'm desperately in need of a cruise! My DH is going on a ski trip with his buddies next week (I used to ski, but don't anymore--I need sun, not snow). I'm thinking about cruising by myself at the end of March.

Any married people out there who have cruised alone?

I've been on two cruises with my daughters (nope, not DH), so I know what to expect from the cruise experience and think I'll be okay on my own. I don't think I'd go to dinner in the dining room by myself, but other than that I think it'll be okay.

My DH doesn't like to cruise as often as I do, so I go solo sometimes. I love it! I do go to the dining room and I really like that too. I always choose early dining, and Carnival typically seats me with others traveling solo, or sometimes two ladies traveling together will be at the table. It's a nice way to get to know a few folks onboard. I highly recommend it.

I am also a married cruiser that enjoys cruising solo. Just booked another solo cruise today because I just get the need to get back on the ocean too. My husband is a sweetheart and says to have a good time, he stays behind and takes care of our animals for us.

I have tried both assigned and your time dining as a solo and prefer the assigned seating also, early please:) I have sat at great tables full of other very interesting solo cruisers, it really is a pleasure. Best of all the schedule is yours! Do whatever you want and enjoy the freedom. I enjoy my own company just fine too so have never felt alone or lonely.

My wife is my best friend and I couldn't imagine cruising without her or vice versa. She goes to concerts with her friends out of town and stays overnight so no one drives tired or intoxicated and those nights can be hard enough!

Edited by StaceySteveDMB

Yep! I have gone totally by myself, and with other family members both in the same room, and in our own. I prefer having my own room because I can do what I want, when I want without disturbing anyone (or having anyone disturbing me). If I feel like taking a nap, I can.

It is so nice and relaxing to not to have to talk to anyone if I don't want to. I have made friends on here, and had our reservations linked for dinner. If we wanted to hang out throughout the day, we could, If not, no obligation. It was wonderful and I really do enjoy it.

I've been on two cruises with my daughters (nope, not DH), so I know what to expect from the cruise experience and think I'll be okay on my own. I don't think I'd go to dinner in the dining room by myself, but other than that I think it'll be okay.

I have. I did go to the MDR every night, was seated at an 8 top.

I'm cruising for the first time solo as well....was a bit concerned about the dining but when my DH and I cruise together we always sit with others that we don't know and have a wonderful time, have met so many wonderful people over the years, so am expecting much the same this time.

I'm another happily married woman who cruises without her DH. He doesn't like it nearly as much as I do and I get more vacation than he does. DH takes hunting trips and I cruise - everyone is happy!! I've cruised solo and with family or girlfriends. I've enjoyed my solo cruises very much - I'm on my own schedule and can do what I want when I want.

I also enjoy having dinner (and sometimes breakfast) in the MDR.

Try it - you will never know if you like it unless you do.

I'm desperately in need of a cruise! My DH is going on a ski trip with his buddies next week (I used to ski, but don't anymore--I need sun, not snow). I'm thinking about cruising by myself at the end of March.

Me! I always take vacations by myself. Or with some one if I can find them!

I don't think I'd go to dinner in the dining room by myself, but other than that I think it'll be okay.

The cruise lines tend to put solo cruisers together for dining in my experience it is best to go traditional dining on a big table. You invariably meet at least seven other people who are on their own. Often loose groups pal up for the different things that are on in the evening, shows etc. Then other days excursions, even couples split up to do different excursions so it's easy to buddy up. Every night at dinner you have a meet up to see what everyone did in the day. Other times you just do your own thing. Provide you are happy to be on your own at times you will be fine.

Regards John

Well, looks like this won't be happening. DH does NOT want me to cruise alone, so we're going somewhere (NOT a cruise) for a long weekend at the end of April. Not the cruise vacation I so desperately want, but he won't budge on this.

The good news is that we are going to cruise TOGETHER in 2016! Off to see what I can book!