Anyone hear about cutting prices fos solo person?

Rhino Dave

I am going to be using rccl for my 7th cruise but first solo. I know I will take a hit on the cabin. Anyone ever hear of rate deduction for customer loyalty?I was thinking of calling their booking line and talk to someone or is that a total waste of time....I am lonely so maybe it will help fill up a slow Saturday....

I am going to be using rccl for my 7th cruise but first solo. I know I will take a hit on the cabin. Anyone ever hear of rate deduction for customer loyalty?I was thinking of calling their booking line and talk to someone or is that a total waste of time....I am lonely so maybe it will help fill up a slow Saturday....

It doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't expect to be successful.

I doubt it; while there are sales, I doubt having done a half dozen cruises with a line will matter much when it comes to solo pricing. You can ask, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. However, you could ask if any of their upcoming cruises have sales for solo travelers.

You'll love cruising solo! Indulge! Sadly, I can't foresee traveling on RCCL soon due to the slim number of low single supplement offerings....I've switched to NCL but hope yo return to RCCL cuz I like their product and I'm one cruise away from diamond,[emoji41]

Never heard of discounts for singles no matter how loyal you are. Especially from RC.... too bad because I'm a solo cruiser too and would definitely take more of trips if it weren't so expensive.. if you have any luck come back and let us know..i'll hop on it too !

Runner, studios are 150% of the interior price, and RCCL has a few....mostly in Radiance and Jewel class I believe....we solos often think of that as a discount instead of the 200% we normally pay. But, for RCCL, studios were an afterthought, a small closet with no amenities. Thus, I usually go on NCL when booking a year in advance. Several of us know of an on line TA, whose name we can't mention, that categorizes low single supplement cruises....Google that and you may find it.

Runner, studios are 150% of the interior price, and RCCL has a few....mostly in Radiance and Jewel class I believe....we solos often think of that as a discount instead of the 200% we normally pay. But, for RCCL, studios were an afterthought, a small closet with no amenities. Thus, I usually go on NCL when booking a year in advance. Several of us know of an on line TA, whose name we can't mention, that categorizes low single supplement cruises....Google that and you may find it.

Many thanks! I may need something sooner as I am dying in this frozen weather lol.

Enjoy! After several years of cruising solo, I'm wondering if it's my preferred method of cruising. I used to depend on the solo gatherings in the studio lounge of the newer NCL ships, but my last trip, 3 weeks ago, I couldn't find the time to fit it in!

Enjoy! After several years of cruising solo, I'm wondering if it's my preferred method of cruising. I used to depend on the solo gatherings in the studio lounge of the newer NCL ships, but my last trip, 3 weeks ago, I couldn't find the time to fit it in!

You must have been doing something right if u had stuff going on at all times right? Did u do roll call usually to.find single people prior to cruising in the past?

Yes for my Mediterranean cruise! That's a little more difficult to do completely alone.....Caribbean is easy. Once you see people at meet and greet or other activities, you may find some cruising buddies. Three weeks ago, at the Illusarium on the first night, I met a lovely couple who invited me to dine with them on the cruise. We both had UDP, and I rearranged dinner plans for night 2, but then it became too complicated. There are more solos on a cruise than you know of....

Yes for my Mediterranean cruise! That's a little more difficult to do completely alone.....Caribbean is easy. Once you see people at meet and greet or other activities, you may find some cruising buddies. Three weeks ago, at the Illusarium on the first night, I met a lovely couple who invited me to dine with them on the cruise. We both had UDP, and I rearranged dinner plans for night 2, but then it became too complicated. There are more solos on a cruise than you know of....

Yes I am a bit nervous with having ppl to talk to. I like meeting.new people. Of course I talk to ppl all the time at work so I am welcoming a few days without talking. Lol. U seem to have done a great deal of cruises. How.many solo if I may ask...

Some lines give a discount for being a past passenger, pretty sure not RCL, but a further discount because you've had 7 cruises nope.

The ones that do give discounts have set levels where they kck in, if they adjust those for you they'll have to for everyone, however ask away and please let us know how you get on.

I've done at least six solo cruises, RhinoDave, and it gets easier and more pleasurable each time. I feel like my 12 day med cruise was not a solo cruise. I chatted with another widow on CC roll call, and we met the evening before boarding in Barcelona. We then asked RCCL to seat us together, and then Annette found another CC couple with 2 empty seats at their table. On an Epic solo cruise, I went into the lounge in day 1 looking for folks who wanted to try the speciality restaurants, and we formed an eclectic group of five and tried them all! Three weeks ago, on the Getaway, I went to the solo gathering once, but chose to dine in the specialities and not with the group......as a final note, the most I've ever paid for a room is 150% and now have a great PCC with NCL who managed to upgrade my studio to a large, midship aft balcony! Let me know if I can be of help! Next solo cruise, Dec 27 on the NCL Breakaway!

I've done at least six solo cruises, RhinoDave, and it gets easier and more pleasurable each time. I feel like my 12 day med cruise was not a solo cruise. I chatted with another widow on CC roll call, and we met the evening before boarding in Barcelona. We then asked RCCL to seat us together, and then Annette found another CC couple with 2 empty seats at their table. On an Epic solo cruise, I went into the lounge in day 1 looking for folks who wanted to try the speciality restaurants, and we formed an eclectic group of five and tried them all! Three weeks ago, on the Getaway, I went to the solo gathering once, but chose to dine in the specialities and not with the group......as a final note, the most I've ever paid for a room is 150% and now have a great PCC with NCL who managed to upgrade my studio to a large, midship aft balcony! Let me know if I can be of help! Next solo cruise, Dec 27 on the NCL Breakaway!

I've never cruised solo, [not sure I ever will] but the above sounds like good advce and a good PCC or PVP may be able to help with the $$$ issue.

Well, GUT, I don't know your circumstances, but my husband passed at 45. I cruised with my sons til college and careers made it impossible, so I was faced with....cruise alone or not at all! Occasionally, I get a roommate, but I'm not putting my life on hold waiting for one. Cruising fills a great void, and I can't wait to retire and not have my current school calendar constraints! Thanks to all the wonderful cruisers whom I've met over the years!

Well, GUT, I don't know your circumstances, but my husband passed at 45. I cruised with my sons til college and careers made it impossible, so I was faced with....cruise alone or not at all! Occasionally, I get a roommate, but I'm not putting my life on hold waiting for one. Cruising fills a great void, and I can't wait to retire and not have my current school calendar constraints! Thanks to all the wonderful cruisers whom I've met over the years!

I wasn't being critical of you for dong so and sorry if it sounded that way.

My darling [also tied down by school terms] and I have been together for heading for 40 years [married 35] and in that time have been apart probable less than 100 nights, one of the true joys for us of cruising is being able to just spend time together with out the pressures that come from running a school a house and my practice.

I also have a severe back condition that restricts me to bed for long periods and at other times leaves me in a wheelchair.

I am just not sure that I'd want or be able to do it without her.

I am considering going back on the Breakaway for the third year in a row- I liked Bermuda, liked the studio lounge, and even met more non solos this past trip.

Did you book a studio this time? I have held out booking with the price increase and will wait until last minute if I go this year.

Also, how did you like the Getaway and did you stay in a studio?

I loved the Epic and was considering the Escape this December, but rather go from NYC this year.

I also though would like to try the Anthem next year on either a 9 night or canada

Yes, I check out the website I believe you are referring to which has the specials for singles all the time. I agree only paying 150% instead of 200% shouldn't be considered a sale or discount, it's still highway robbery..:D

I've sailed on NCL over this past Christmas and really enjoyed it. Definitely open to sailing on them in the future. Would love to try the Epic or Breakway at some point..

Howard, I'm in education, so I can only travel Pres week in Feb, Easter break, and in 2016, Christmas. Summer, too, but only once. I just returned from Getaway in mid-Feb. I try to hook as soon as I know school holidays, and I've learned from these boards to watch price. So, on NCL, I book studios. For a second time, my PCC has gotten me upgraded to a balcony, thus time a large aft midship balcony! I've booked a studio for the New Years Breakaway cruise, and my goal will be to pester him for a spa suite! So, though I like the studios, I prefer a balcony. Since I always travel peak time, I pay a lot. The Getaway just cost me $859(had one price reduction), and the Breakaways a fortune-over $1500! But air fares that week are crazy, and I live in NY.

Runner, from that website, I snagged a 12 day Med cruise on RCCL Serenade of the Seas for $799! I think it was an interior, not a studio. Best deal and cruise ever! Haven't seen a price like that in two years. Bucket list includes Baltics and Greece!

Runner, from that website, I snagged a 12 day Med cruise on RCCL Serenade of the Seas for $799! I think it was an interior, not a studio. Best deal and cruise ever! Haven't seen a price like that in two years. Bucket list includes Baltics and Greece!

Sounds great!

Howard, I'm in education, so I can only travel Pres week in Feb, Easter break, and in 2016, Christmas. Summer, too, but only once. I just returned from Getaway in mid-Feb. I try to hook as soon as I know school holidays, and I've learned from these boards to watch price. So, on NCL, I book studios. For a second time, my PCC has gotten me upgraded to a balcony, thus time a large aft midship balcony! I've booked a studio for the New Years Breakaway cruise, and my goal will be to pester him for a spa suite! So, though I like the studios, I prefer a balcony. Since I always travel peak time, I pay a lot. The Getaway just cost me $859(had one price reduction), and the Breakaways a fortune-over $1500! But air fares that week are crazy, and I live in NY.

Hello, for my accounting/finance job I can never take off the first week of the month, and as a result I never really take off much of the last week of the month either. Also, I don't tend to take off the first quarter and then try to skip summers when prices are higher.

As a result I have done mid June, mid Sep, mid Oct and mid December (Epic). I would say the mid Oct was my favorite as I spent my actual birthday at sea and it was a lower demand time as well.

I originally booked the studio last year somehow at $545 and then upgraded for $240 more to a balcony. Right now the Studio is $989 or so for the same week a year later (granted it is bermuda this time)

For this year I was considering same week or the Dec 13th-20th week as well which has $1,300 balconies- which is the lowest I am seeing right now.

I admit I did get somewhat spoiled by the upgrades.

Like you I prefer the balcony to the studio, one reason is it is more room to unpack and spread out. Another reason is staying in a hotel the night before and then moving to a smaller room is a bit of an adjustment.

However, I did enjoy it the one time on the Epic