New menu on Oasis of the Seas

No raisins in the apple pie. My son and husband both had it last week.

Awesome! I told my DH that he could have apple pie every day and his excitement was followed with "oh but they probably put raisins in it!".:D

Perfect, now there are no raisins to dislike it ;)

I will have mine a la mode... :)

I know people who cruise frequently are probably bored, but as someone going on only their second cruise in four years, I hope we still have the old menus on Liberty in November. The new menus seem pretty minimal and geared towards getting people to try the specialty restaurants. Would love to enjoy the variety of the old menus before they are phased out... I do think the newer menus might improve the quality of they can focus on less menu items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by widallas

Did anyone try any of the Local favorites? Nice idea. I hope they keep them at least until Jan when I'll be on Oasis!

Yeah, they were usually the better thing on the menu, to be honest!

The ABSOLUTE best thing on the whole cruise was the last day (I believe), for the Coconut Fried Shrimp, or whatever. It was perfectly cooked; crispy on the outside, and crispy on the inside!

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently on the Oasis and taking all our meals in Coastal Kitchen which has new menus for each night. There have been some amazing dishes with complex flavores. We are impressed!!! Breakfast and lunch continues with old menus which we like.

We are currently on the Oasis and taking all our meals in Coastal Kitchen which has new menus for each night. There have been some amazing dishes with complex flavores. We are impressed!!! Breakfast and lunch continues with old menus which we like.

That's very good to hear. We enjoyed CK with only two menus, so now it will be even better.:)

Could you post the menus for CK....please??? ;)

Thanks, Carol

Very interested in the new CK menus also!

I will also miss the cold soups. I also noticed that on the dessert menus there are no more sugar free desserts. The only item they are offering is a No Sugar Added Ice Cream. With so many people being diabetic I would think they would have several choices of sugar free desserts. Hopefully they will be added.

Hi, guys! I am glad that you are having a good cruise on the Oasis. Tell Simeon in the Comedy Club that Carol says "hi" and will see him in December!

Do the new menus include the new ones that I experienced on Anthem in February?

IMG_0726_zpsxpjilcnw.jpg

IMG_0727_zpsn967ykiw.jpg

IMG_0734_zpsxgmyva6d.jpg

IMG_0735_zpsd8f99bjt.jpg

Does anyone who's been on a cruise with these new menus know if the items marked gluten free are the ONLY gluten free items? I know they have made adjustments in the past, but in the old menu I think they had marked the things that _could_ be made gluten free versus the items that are already naturally gluten free.

For example the Caesar salad is not marked gluten free, but I'm assuming is it just because of the croutons. On the Giovanni's menu, it is marked gluten free (the description is still listed with the croutons)

New York strip loin is not marked as gluten free but the steak you have to pay for is...

My sister is gluten free and I just worry about her having very limited choices. We have cruised once since she had to go gluten free (so we know about ordering the night before, etc) and we chose early traditional dining so we would have the same waiter every night. I'm hoping that someone gluten free has used these new menus and that RCCL was able to alter some of the menu items not marked gluten free.

Hi Carol.

Yes, those were included.

We are now off the Oasis and did not take any photos of the CK menus.

The lobster dishes were fantastic...but only if you are expecting something unusual. There were four of us and we had the waiter serve us family style which enabled us to try more dishes. There were only one or two that were not excellent and those were not bad. They were just not stellar compared to the ones we liked.

Does anyone who's been on a cruise with these new menus know if the items marked gluten free are the ONLY gluten free items? I know they have made adjustments in the past, but in the old menu I think they had marked the things that _could_ be made gluten free versus the items that are already naturally gluten free.

For example the Caesar salad is not marked gluten free, but I'm assuming is it just because of the croutons. On the Giovanni's menu, it is marked gluten free (the description is still listed with the croutons)

New York strip loin is not marked as gluten free but the steak you have to pay for is...

My sister is gluten free and I just worry about her having very limited choices. We have cruised once since she had to go gluten free (so we know about ordering the night before, etc) and we chose early traditional dining so we would have the same waiter every night. I'm hoping that someone gluten free has used these new menus and that RCCL was able to alter some of the menu items not marked gluten free.

It's best to have your sister contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse] to arrange for them to handle the diet restrictions.

Yes, it SHOULD. We got the days out of order for a few days. We were given "Day 6" on day 5, and vice versa. Nobody knew why.

My guess is that you were on a cruise with day 5 as the formal night as opposed to day 6. I read that on a Western Caribbean the formal night is night 5 and on an East cruise it's night 6. Was night 5 your formal night?

We would like to see the new menus on the FOS in two weeks, but probably will not. Too bad..... the old menus are getting a little tiring.

I'll cast a dissenting vote for the cold soups. I think the menus prior to the current ones had a better soup lineup.

mac_tlc

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Allure this past week ( week of July 24th). They still had the old menus so I asked the head waiter and she said they new menu would be coming out in three weeks. She didn't seem to happy about it because it will take a lot of training and a lot of work to get everyone ready for the new menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MANY thanks to all who provided links to photos of the new menus -- both the pre-dessert and dessert menus. At least two of you were very kind to fill in the "Day 1" gaps in the originally posted set.