Off the beaten track day pass resorts

Tinkrbell

Does anyone have any info or experience with day passes at any of the resorts that are away from the crowds in Roatan?

(Aside from the crowded West Bay Area and besides Little French Key and Maya Key)

There has just got to be something new to do in this port.

What is free radical?

A beach would be preferred, I never heard of Camp Bay.

Surely there has to be something else.

Anyone?

If you have never heard of Camp Bay would that not be off the beaten track? Paya Bay was on my first list as well.. heard of it?

Free Radical is a catamaran, no beach

Let me add a few more BUT ya gotta do some of the research yourself to see if anything fits. Google is an amazing resource with web sites and pics. :0)

Palmetto Bay

Turquoise Bay

Parrot Tree

Las Palmas

Club Natale

on a side note ~ Roatan was put on the map due it being part of a reef system second only to the Great Barrier. Most of us go down for the water, the diving and the snorkeling.

We prefer less crowds and no vendors and we have been to Turquoise Bay, club Natale and Parrot Tree.

Maya key also has its virtues, whilst a lot more expensive than it was originally when it was independent it has no vendors and ease of transport.

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful pics! Did you pre-book this and any other details you can share? Cost, what's included please?

Here is a link to an earlier review with extra photos..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42171332

Transport can be booked directly with resort

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/activities/cruise-ship-excursions/

When we went we booked a driver for the day which was the same price but gave us the flexability to stop wherever we wanted. We actually went to Turquoise for a few hours while the guys went fishing and then we went to Parrot Tree for lunch.

Edited by c-leg5

It's been a couple of years.I did prebook with no problems and they emailed back and forth. You can find their contact info by just googling Turquoise Bay and they have day passes listed . I will try to add it on this message.Have not been on here for a while as we quit cruising and are flying to all inclusive resorts. When we were here there were like 3 couples on the beach. It is a very popular dive center and most people are out at the reef diving. Not a big choice on food and the water is weedy, but beautiful otherwise.Looks like it is $30 PP including transportation,a good price. If you are looking for peace and quiet this may be for you. I think it was about a 30 min ride..http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/activities/cruise-ship-excursions/

One follow up. If you dock at Coxen Hole it should be a shorter walk to meet your transportation. At Infinity Bay we had to walk outside the gate and down the hill but it is not that far.

Think you meant "Mahogany Bay"?

• 4 months later...
Turquoise Bay has just moved way up my VERY long list of options for our first visit to Roatan. Just looking for a quiet place with no vendors, loud music, etc. and preferably with transportation included. Thank you!

The photos above are very representative of Turquiose Bay and we enjoyed our morning there and would certainly consider returning but the drive is 30, maybe 40 mins.

I would also suggest checking out Club Natale which is also VERY quiet with a great "small" infinity pool and nearer to the cruise ports. Beach is a short walk from main bar/ restaurant/pool but the sand is not as picturesque as Turquiose (coarser, advise water shoes) but extremely quiet, and NO vendors on the two times we have visited. Snorkeling available from kayaks with guide I think,(haven't done it). The first time we went it was very much in its infancy. It is now available through several brokers with several packages, which include transport. We have always taken the basic PAYG package and have not been disappointed. Both times it was like having our own private beach. Bar service was rather limited on the beach but we arranged for a bucket of beers. I have read they may have runners now.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend spending a few hours at Turquoise Bay and then having lunch at Cal's Temporary Cantina on your way back to the ship. We used to live in Roatan and ate at least once a week at Cal's - the food is SO good (especially the lobster scampi!). Reasonably priced and overlooks Big Bight and First Bight (we could see the roof of our house from the outside deck of Cal's!). If you go and Heather is working.....please tell her John and Lin send their love!

I vote for Paya Bay. Very remote but a long trip since it is at the Far East end of the island. One also has to be prepared that at least one of their beaches is clothing optional