What's The Red Star Mean?

rickcop44

Just curious folks. This morning, I took another gander at my itinerary for my February 27 Legend cruise (hoping we'd changed from Belize to Costa Maya - no such luck) and I notice, for the first time, that a red star has appeared to the left of my name. There is no such star beside my wife's name. I searched the Carnival website, hoping to find out what the star meant, but no such luck. Anyone have any ideas what the red star means?

Edited by rickcop44

It means that you are designated to be the "STAR" of the guest talent show. They'll expect you to sing the entire score from "Chicago". I'll be waiting to see it on You Tube. Good luck. :D

"SKY"

Trust me, if I've been designated to be the star of the talent show, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people in the audience. Oh well. Just thought I'd ask. But don't blame me when I get back from my cruise and tell everyone here I've won free Carnival cruises for life. 9 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes.

Could it mean that you have not yet completed your Fun Pass/online check-in? Perhaps you have not indicated a credit card or cash option for your S&S?

Check the bottom of your screen to see if there is a footnote explaining the *, or go into the Fun Pass/Check-in and see if there is a message on one of the screens.

Aha! I just looked at my second booking (the one booked directly through Carnival, not a TA), and see a red star next to my name on the Billing tab.

It means you are the primary person who booked the cruise and the lucky recipient of the bill. :)

Could it mean that you have not yet completed your Fun Pass/online check-in? Perhaps you have not indicated a credit card or cash option for your S&S?

Check the bottom of your screen to see if there is a footnote explaining the *, or go into the Fun Pass/Check-in and see if there is a message on one of the screens.

Nah, I don't think so. My booking shows my funpass/check-in complete. I've been paid in full for months. Maybe, maybe it's because I got an upsell call a couple of weeks ago from Carnival. The PVP wanted to upgrade me from my aft vista suite with the three acre balcony to the grand suite on Legend - all for only $500 more per person - and I turned him down. Yeah, that's gotta be it. I'm marked for life.

Edited by rickcop44