Connecting staterooms on Silhouette

mattmike6972

This may already be well-known information, but I was surprised by Celebrity's definition of connecting staterooms. We travelled with our two grandsons on the Silhouette to the Eastern Caribbean and booked connecting staterooms. In a hotel, when you enter room A or room B from the hallway, there is an interior door that connects each room. This is not the case on the Silhouette. There is no interior door connecting the two staterooms. There is a small vestibule with doors that close outside of each stateroom. To go from one to the other, you have to completely walk out of one stateroom and enter the other from its door. Very inconvenient. So if I were asked if the Solstice class ships had connecting staterooms, I would say "sort of".

But you don't go out into the hallway to go from cabin to cabin. I thought this was a good solution since it doesn't waste space in the cabin. Did you get it set up so that the cabin doors stayed open and the cabins were entered through the outer vestibule door? I think that had to be requested, just like opening the balconies.

IMHO, it's a great set-up on Silhouette: both can have their own privacy and yet are still connected. You also don't lose any space within the cabin like you do when an 'interior' door is open, and the noise is reduced travelling between the 2 cabins. The system also benefits those that book a connecting cabin but don't want to be connected to their neighbours - in this instance, the outer doors are secured permanently open and each cabin is separate.

The difference is literally walking a few extra steps around the two cabins at the entrance vestibule rather than 'through' the dividing wall.

I agree this is a great way of connecting without losing space. Reflection is the only S-Class ship that has the connection in the bulkhead between the two cabins -- the connecting door is right across from the bathroom door.

I love the way the cabins connect. On HAL recently, the connecting door was in the cabin, and it was in the way when opened. The noise that traveled through the closed connecting door was also noticeable. The only complaint I have with the Celebrity vestibule connecting door is the outer door is very heavy and difficult to open.

• 2 months later...
This may already be well-known information, but I was surprised by Celebrity's definition of connecting staterooms. We travelled with our two grandsons on the Silhouette to the Eastern Caribbean and booked connecting staterooms. In a hotel, when you enter room A or room B from the hallway, there is an interior door that connects each room. This is not the case on the Silhouette. There is no interior door connecting the two staterooms. There is a small vestibule with doors that close outside of each stateroom. To go from one to the other, you have to completely walk out of one stateroom and enter the other from its door. Very inconvenient. So if I were asked if the Solstice class ships had connecting staterooms, I would say "sort of".

It is what it is.

By having the vestibule, do you lose that space inside the cabin?

No actually you sort of gain space as furniture can be placed where the connecting door would have been. This has been a very popular feature of the S class ships. Note this is not available on the Reflection.