Officers Table

crisp1

With NCL's very casual dress policy you don't even need the jacket...a nice shirt and slacks will do.

Not that we ever sign up for dinner with an officer, but I haven't taken a sports jacket or suit on an NCL cruise for many years.

I can remember being invited to dinner with the captain years ago on a Celebrity ship and we did dress up for that...but they have formal nights and NCL hasn't had one for years.

Edited by njhorseman

You sign up at the Guest Services Desk to have your name entered into a drawing for the Officer's Dinner. The dress code is resort casual. There is NO charge for this dinner. it is a very wonderful evening. I sign up for it every cruise and have yet to be disappointed.

You can really wear what you want. No jacket required. They are more interested in talking with you and ensuring your vacation is a great one than with what you are wearing. I have seen formal, semi formal, resort casual, and casual all at the same table and everyone had a blast. Go with what feels best for you as that is what Norwegian aims for...

coka

You can really wear what you want. No jacket required. They are more interested in talking with you and ensuring your vacation is a great one than with what you are wearing. I have seen formal, semi formal, resort casual, and casual all at the same table and everyone had a blast. Go with what feels best for you as that is what Norwegian aims for...

coka

What I thought, just felt it might be a matter of respect to be a bit bit more respectful to 'dress up' a bit

What I thought, just felt it might be a matter of respect to be a bit bit more respectful to 'dress up' a bit

If that works for you, then that is great! I feel the same way as you but have sat at many tables over the years...even asked the officers I know...and they always say it really does not matter...they are interested in making sure you are comfortable and having an enjoyable meal/evening. I told one I was going to show up in a bed sheet used as a toga and they said whatever...as long as you are comfortable! Lol

Coka

Edited by coka

Having just dined with the hotel and cruise director on my last cruise (believe because of my organizing the cruise critic Meet AND GREET, which I also never signed up to dine with them but was invited) I wore clothing that met the policy of the restaurant we dined at. In my case, we were in Indigo and I had on a collared shirt and a nice pair of blue jeans. Did not feel out of place, under or over dressed. The hotel director wore his dress uniform (his normal attire and the cruise director wore his suit)-

Everything you do on NCL can be covered this way. For men, nice jeans/dockers and a polo shirt. For women, a nice blouse/top and slacks or dress. You can go to the Chef's Table, Officers dinner or dine with the Captain and never feel out of place.

For everyone that wears a suit or jacket, there will be four that don't.

Be comfortable.

Edited by rvsullivan

If you sign up at the guest service desk, can you request a certain department officer....I'm an EMT and work full-time in an Emergency Room and part-time on an Ambulance service and I would find it interesting to have dinner with the ships doctor.

You could always send a note to the ships doctor at the beginning of the cruise and invite them to join you for dinner one evening. It never hurts to ask.

Rochelle

If you sign up at the guest service desk, can you request a certain department officer....I'm an EMT and work full-time in an Emergency Room and part-time on an Ambulance service and I would find it interesting to have dinner with the ships doctor.

See? That's great. You actually have things in common and would probably have great conversation. It seems for many, the only thing they have in common is that one party is officer on a ship and that other party are passengers on a ship. Big deal.

I don't think I'm entertaining or interesting enough for an officer to want to sit with me. We have little in common. I think most people are looking for the officers to be the interesting ones, I guess, without providing much in return. I figure I will dine with them if they seek me out. Otherwise, I would feel like I'm imposing.

I'm just weird about that.