Who would be your dream team on board?

fantasy51

This thread has been inspired by a comment from Salacia. Many thanks.

If you could go on a cruise staffed by whomever you'd like, who would you want? (It can be real or imaginary characters.)

Salacia suggested Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) to work the pursar's desk on a crossing. :D

Of course we'd have to have Manuel (Andrew Sachs) in the dining room to complement him. :eek:

(For those who don't know old English shows, they appeared in a TV show called Fawlty Towers, set in the English seaside resort of Torquay, a place I am thinking of visiting in a few weeks. If only I could visit their hotel!)

Mrs Slocombe and Mr Humpries would have to work in the shops.

'Are you being served Ma'am? I'm Humphries and I'm free!'

(No, I've just deleted a couple of risque lines. Cruise Critic is not ready for those!)

Edited by fantasy51

Seriously now, who wouldn't love to see the 'alternative' dining venues in Kings Court elevated to the status of Mrs. Buckets Candlelight Suppers!- just every once in a while. Recipes taken from Mrs. Buckets Book of Better-Class English Cookery (for the socially unfortunate).

Manuel as your waiter? :eek:

I'm pretty sure I had Manuel as my waiter once on QM2...it was New Years Day 2011, lunch in the Britannia Dining Room. My husband and I were seated at a table for two when he approached with the bread selection

"Hello, and Happy New Year" I said.

"OH sure, for you it is a Happy New Year, - you are sitting together! Me, I am working and do not see my family!" - and with that he dropped the rolls on our plate and vanished.

And that is the first and last time either my husband and I have been away from home during the Holidays.

I vote Rose (from Keeping up Appearances) as the Entertainment Director. Since we already have Hyacinth on the Kings Court, perhaps it's only fitting that Richard be placed in charge of Bridge binocular duty.

Onslo can man the lifeboats...in case of an emergency. Daisy has to be in charge of the library - she loves to read after all :)

Mr Mash and Mr Harman (mannequin repairmen from Are You Being Served) could manage the planetarium seats (especially the broken ones) in Illuminations on QM2. Given the wacky electronic mannequin displays cooked up during the show, such employment could result in hilarity on board.

It's essential to staff the medical centre with Hawkeye, Trapper, and Hunnicutt (MASH characters). Cunard could make extra money as I'm sure the Medical Centre would soon turn into a part time bar.

Definitely need Frank Burns (also from MASH) as the First Officer.

I'd also love to see Karen Walker (Will and Grace) as head of beverages. However, I'd be very worried that she'd drink all the good stuff...and then the rest. Still, she'd be funny to have on board!

Leonardo Dicaprio could be safety officer..........he did manage to save Kate Winslet from the stern and gave up his "raft" to her at the end.........Or he could do "recreation" on the promenade and teach us all to ......spit??!!!

He could just be on board for decoration.......haha!

How about Captain Stubing?

Commodore Rynd was working on the "Love Boat" while they were filming the show. He was telling us about it when he attended one of our Cruise Critic meetings during this years QV World Voyage.

He was never on the show but did describe a "revealing" situation between an actress and what she thought was a mirror.

Don

The Chief Engineer has to be Montgomery "Scotty" Scott.

Wouldn't that be just great on the QM2.

His famous line, " Captain, She hasn't go the power", could be combined with "But Captain, Carnival won't let us start the Diesel Engines" !!

But I do like the character.

Captain could be Captain Kirk, think of the ADVENTURE as it continues !!!

... [scotty's] famous line, "Captain, She hasn't go the power", could be combined with "But Captain, Carnival won't let us start the Diesel Engines" !! ...
No, no, it's the gas turbines' fuel that's too expensive now.