Sending best wishes to Kinkacruiser.

lizzy77

Yes Yeppoon certainly took the brunt of it. They have no power and it still may take a few more days for them to get it. I am sure Anna will check in when she can.

Gee :o Thanks to all you posted and for Lizzy for getting things rolling. Sorry for not getting back sooner (just found this thread now), but we only had power restored late Thursday, after 6 days without it.

We were very lucky - just 3 shade sails ripped off their frames . There was no structural damage to any of the 200 odd homes in our suburb...other suburbs didn't fare so well. The older homes and some on the exposed high points took a thrashing. Tree damage was the most noticeable everywhere.

As this was our baptism with a category 5, we evacuated to the newly built cyclone shelter in Yeppoon and felt very safe there with around 1000 locals. Kudos to all the staff manning the shelter, SES volunteers and service personnel).

Nice to be back here among friends :)

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Gee :o Thanks to all you posted and for Lizzy for getting things rolling. Sorry for not getting back sooner (just found this thread now), but we only had power restored late Thursday, after 6 days without it.

We were very lucky - just 3 shade sails ripped off their frames . There was no structural damage to any of the 200 odd homes in our suburb...other suburbs didn't fare so well. The older homes and some on the exposed high points took a thrashing. Tree damage was the most noticeable everywhere.

As this was our baptism with a category 5, we evacuated to the newly built cyclone shelter in Yeppoon and felt very safe there with around 1000 locals. Kudos to all the staff manning the shelter, SES volunteers and service personnel).

Welcome back :D

Glad you were safe.

So pleased to hear you guys were all ok.

How did our beautiful Caravan park at Mulumbin fare Anna? We had also been thinking of Josh who owns it and his staff. Yeppoon is such a pretty spot and one of our caravaning favourites.

Glad to hear you are safe and not much damage, thoughts to those who were not so lucky.:D

So pleased to hear you guys were all ok.

How did our beautiful Caravan park at Mulumbin fare Anna? We had also been thinking of Josh who owns it and his staff. Yeppoon is such a pretty spot and one of our caravaning favourites.

I haven't driven right up to the Big 4 caravan park at Mulumbin, but the large new estate adjoining it looks untouched. A few of the older homes along the Scenic Hwy Mulumbin were damaged. I'll check out the situation next time I'm driving close by and let you know.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I haven't driven right up to the Big 4 caravan park at Mulumbin, but the large new estate adjoining it looks untouched. A few of the older homes along the Scenic Hwy Mulumbin were damaged. I'll check out the situation next time I'm driving close by and let you know.

Thanks Anna