Sold out cruise?

Hi everyone, cruise novice here.

I saw a short Princess cruise which would have been perfect for a special occasion in a couple of weeks. But it's sold out.

Are there any secret back doors into fully booked cruises? I know I might be clutching at straws but was hoping there would be a waitlist, or even a travel site that buys cabins and onsells.

I'd be very grateful for any advice!

Thanks, I called and they're happy to take $200 to put me on a waitlist, but won't tell me how big the waitlist is. The cruise is less than 3 weeks away.

you could be lucky and get a cancellation but you could end up anywhere on the ship

Thanks, I called and they're happy to take $200 to put me on a waitlist, but won't tell me how big the waitlist is. The cruise is less than 3 weeks away.

Do they refund the $200 if you don't get a cabin?

Good luck :)

Do they refund the $200 if you don't get a cabin?

Good luck :)

if you dont cruise you would get your money back but if you do get on you would be paying top dollar for your cabin but you could always say no if its too dear

Hi everyone, cruise novice here.

I saw a short Princess cruise which would have been perfect for a special occasion in a couple of weeks. But it's sold out.

Are there any secret back doors into fully booked cruises? I know I might be clutching at straws but was hoping there would be a waitlist, or even a travel site that buys cabins and onsells.

I'd be very grateful for any advice!

Most cruises that are within two weeks - give or take a day or two - always show sold out. I've spotted this before. So, I rang up and asked why - and it's all to do with the processing of bookings, cabin allocations and that type of thing - that's why you will be "wait listed". Have a practice go on their web site - any cruise anywhere in the world - look for two weeks out - 99.99% (nothings ever 100% :p) show "sold out"

Edited by dizzy1948

Sometimes on cruises like that they will say sold out until they know how much space they have left over. That cruise can be be purchased either Melbourne or Sydney to Perth, so its a bit of a balancing act to fill the ship from Mlb to Syd.

22-Mar-2015 2 Nights Dawn, ex Melbourne to Sydney

22-Mar-2015 19 Nights Dawn, Around Australia ex Melbourne to Perth

24-Mar-2015 17 Nights Dawn, Northern Australia Explorer ex Sydney to Perth

This has happened previously when someone wanted to get on a par5ticular cruise

They managed by checking into the Princess web site several times a day (and night) and grabbed a cancellation shown quickly before it was allocated to someone on a wait list.

This was successful for about 10 sets of passengers on the bGrand SWouth America cruise a couple of years ago

When the cancellations come backl from TA's they are put on the site for a little while before being allocated Good luck