Pay as you go @Little French Key

AzCruis3r

Does anyone know if LFK offers pay as you go or do you have to purchase a package? The "cheapest" package doesn't even include food/drink and does include stuff we wouldn't use (kayak, paddle board, etc.). I've emailed them two times but no response. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Check some of the private exclusion sites and look at trip advisor. Victor Bodden tours and Rony's tours are highly rated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I found that Rony's goes there but it's still $88/per person. I have a feeling one can not pay as you go at LFK.

Thank you! I found that Rony's goes there but it's still $88/per person. I have a feeling one can not pay as you go at LFK.

One of the FAQ is "can we add activities once we get there?" The answer is:

Sure, the activities prices are as follows:

Paddle Board………….$25 for the day

Kayak…………………..$25 for the day

Snorkel gear………….$10 for the day

Snorkel Tour………….$10 per person upgrade

Horseback Swimming…….$25 per person

Mani/Pedicure…………$30 per person

Guided Snorkel Tour……$20 per person

Massages:…………$30 per person for 30 minutes

$60 per person for 60 minutes.

Yet the least expensive package includes several of the ala carte offerings. There is an inconsistency on the web page. I recommend emailing until you get an answer, and if you want to point out the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the FAQ is "can we add activities once we get there?" The answer is:

Sure, the activities prices are as follows:

Paddle Board………….$25 for the day

Kayak…………………..$25 for the day

Snorkel gear………….$10 for the day

Snorkel Tour………….$10 per person upgrade

Horseback Swimming…….$25 per person

Mani/Pedicure…………$30 per person

Guided Snorkel Tour……$20 per person

Massages:…………$30 per person for 30 minutes

$60 per person for 60 minutes.

Yet the least expensive package includes several of the ala carte offerings. There is an inconsistency on the web page. I recommend emailing until you get an answer, and if you want to point out the confusion.

I FINALLY received an email back. The only thing they said was that "passage to LFK was $35 per person" . I don't know how much food would be. I think there's a communication breakdown. Oh well.

• 5 weeks later...
I FINALLY received an email back. The only thing they said was that "passage to LFK was $35 per person" . I don't know how much food would be. I think there's a communication breakdown. Oh well.

Now I'm confused. what does the $35 include? Only admission, use of facilities, beach, animal area? There is not an option on the add on menu for any of these things.

Not trying to be difficult, but I would like to have the option to pay a la carte for food as I have serious food allergies and I would only want to use the beach/facilities and see the animals.

Leilani

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Now I'm confused. what does the $35 include? Only admission, use of facilities, beach, animal area? There is not an option on the add on menu for any of these things.

Not trying to be difficult, but I would like to have the option to pay a la carte for food as I have serious food allergies and I would only want to use the beach/facilities and see the animals.

Leilani

It would probably be a good idea to contact them directly. I don't see anything on their website showing a $35 entry fee. The menu at check in is a lot more detailed than what is online, I just wish I had taken a picture of it!

https://www.littlefrenchkey.com/packages/

Here is what I remember from last year. You can walk over to Larry and Dave in the green shirts and hop in the van. If you take their transportation it will be $55. This includes round trip transpo plus admission. Or you can take a private cab over to Little French key and pay $25 (or maybe they went up) admission. We had a group rate with our roll call so we did $85pp and it included transpo, admission, kayaks, snorkeling, lunch. In hindsight we would probably only do the $55 next time. The snorkeling ate up a lot of time and we didn't enjoy it much. Our daughter loved jumping off the platform again and again and again. Would have been fine just doing that and swimming around. Didn't get to use kayaks and we could have split a lunch plate or bought a couple smaller items and been fine.

• 1 month later...

LFK will customize anything you want. $88 gets you transportation both ways from the "green shirts--Larry n Bob, admission, 2 drinks, lunch, and basic package. Any add-ons or customization is done upon arrival.

Got back 2 wks ago. Overall, I think it's overpriced, food mediocre, snorkeling ok, gorgeous place though.

Would be handy to see a menu of food and drinks. At least 2 in our group wouldn’t want lunch or drinks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once upon a time I found a partial menu by Googling "Little French Key menu". I doubt that one is current. You might email Little French Key, ask them to send you a photograph of the menu. Then you can post it here for everyone. :0)

Just to clear things up a little...there's no real "menu" for LFK. The food that you get with the package is the same food you would get if you purchase it separately. There's not a menu to order off of...it's all the same. For the food plate to be added on, it's some outrageous price, like $22 or something (I'd have to look it up). The only other option that I'm aware of is they did build a firestone pizza place over by one of the beaches. I have no idea on price and didn't see it listed last time I was there (have been going there for several years and have watched the expansion of LFK). Maybe you can inquire about the price of pizza and see what they said. So, unless things have changed, the only food choices you have would be their regular meal or pizza. Beer was $5 and mixed drinks were $7 if that hasn't changed.

The menu was Brochettes of Fillet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice & beans and 2 drinks.

Just another thought...this place is owned by the same owners of Frenchy's 44 (which is the dock that you'll get on the barge to go over to LFK). So, you might look up their menu as well and see if there's anything on it that you might want to eat instead. It's a super quick boat ride from one place to another and you could possibly just head over there and eat lunch if that suits you better (then return to LFK after lunch if you wanted). The boats are running back and forth all day. :)