Spring 2016 Prices

Project_gal

I have been checking the prices of the 2015/16 cruises with interest to see how the new "Suite Class" effects the prices of suites. As far as I could see, there was very little effect on the prices for cruises in Alaska but, today, I checked the Panama Canal prices for Infinity.

The prices for cruises up until the end of 2015 look reasonable: in the region of £6,000 [say US$9,000] per person for a PH and £4,000 [uS$6,000] per person for a RS. However, the prices for 2016 are in the region of double, in the region of £11,500 [uS$17,250] per person for a PH and £8,500 [uS$12,750] per person for a RS. The prices for Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites [both of which will receive lesser perks] also seem to more or less double.

We expected some increase for the new suite benefits but they are not worth this much [more like US$1,000 per person] nor are they more valuable for a PH than a RS. Also the new benefits start in April 2015. So why the sudden increase for 2016? If Celebrity are trying to move "up market" so be it but such a sudden rise in prices seems a little like commercial suicide!

I guess that there may have been an error in setting up the UK prices - our website is different in that it shows prices per stateroom [i.e. for two people] and the prices may have been doubled twice for 2016 - but I doubt it. So my question is: is there a similar jump in prices on the US website?

Edited by Project_gal

Same thing on the website I use. I checked after ghstudio mentioned the inflated prices in his Antarctica blog and found out that it is true for balcony cabins as well - almost triple to what we paid for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise and at first I thought it was an error, a computer glitch or whatever. But as these prices haven't changed in the last 10 days I'm starting to wonder myself if there has been a large amount of bookings already or if it is a new price policy for Panama Canal bookings in view of the new canal (hopefully) to be opened in 2016.

I'm waiting for the new itineraries to be opened to make a decision whether to book something new or to look elsewhere. No way we'll be able to pay that kind of prices for a balcony cabin, let alone a suite - with or without a new dining room with "exciting" new menus.

Surely it's just a lame sales technique so that after a few people have paid top whack they can offer "Massive reductions off Brochure Prices"?

Wouldn't work for people watching out for price drops, though.

Well, time will tell and we'll watch and learn.

If they are able to keep up the inflated prices we'll react accordingly and choose other cruiselines or land-based holidays. As a shareholder, I'll be happy.

US prices for the April 11, 2016 East bound sailing are $5049 pp for a celebrity suite and $6849 pp. for a royal suite. From what I can see the initial prices for the April 2015 east bound sailing were $4649 CS and$6249 RS.

Celebrities web site is now showing the price for 2 passengers when you click on book this cruise. If you select a stateroom the next screen has an option to see a "Summary of Charges" that breaks it down per person.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Please tell me how you're accessing these prices. Looking for June Artic Circle (non suite) and I can't find anything in the Celebrity web site after logging in to Captain's Club account.

These are for the spring 2016 Panama Canal sailings. The prices were on Celebrity's website yesterday available to everyone, which is earlier than stated. South America is not yet listed even though they were suppose to be released together.

Does Celebrity do an Artic Circle Cruise?

Mary Lou

same silly pricing within Europe - Balkony 6350$ per person

- clearly stated....

March 27th MIA to San Diego

if X will stay with this pricing, there is a german saying:

Other moms has nice daughters as well.....;)

I have been checking the prices of the 2015/16 cruises with interest to see how the new "Suite Class" effects the prices of suites. As far as I could see, there was very little effect on the prices for cruises in Alaska but, today, I checked the Panama Canal prices for Infinity.

The prices for cruises up until the end of 2015 look reasonable: in the region of £6,000 [say US$9,000] per person for a PH and £4,000 [uS$6,000] per person for a RS. However, the prices for 2016 are in the region of double, in the region of £11,500 [uS$17,250] per person for a PH and £8,500 [uS$12,750] per person for a RS. The prices for Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites [both of which will receive lesser perks] also seem to more or less double.

We expected some increase for the new suite benefits but they are not worth this much [more like US$1,000 per person] nor are they more valuable for a PH than a RS. Also the new benefits start in April 2015. So why the sudden increase for 2016? If Celebrity are trying to move "up market" so be it but such a sudden rise in prices seems a little like commercial suicide!

I guess that there may have been an error in setting up the UK prices - our website is different in that it shows prices per stateroom [i.e. for two people] and the prices may have been doubled twice for 2016 - but I doubt it. So my question is: is there a similar jump in prices on the US website?

I booked an Alaskan 2015 cruise in a RS. rates were close to cruises in 2014. I too, was expecting a "new suite" premium but it doesnt seem like its there.

But..and this goes hand in hand with your comments.

Alaska demand has been weakening lately...so cruise lines have not been able to raise prices in Alaska. that is most likely why we do not see a premium in Alaska yet.

My feeling is when Europe 2015 is rolled out...you WILL see a significant premium for the new suite benefits vs 2014. Europe demand is extremely strong right now. I bet prices for Penthouse and RS will be astronomical.

Also wondering if Celebrity will add capacity back to Europe in 2015. I think they will.

I booked an Alaskan 2015 cruise in a RS. rates were close to cruises in 2014. I too, was expecting a "new suite" premium but it doesnt seem like its there.

But..and this goes hand in hand with your comments.

Alaska demand has been weakening lately...so cruise lines have not been able to raise prices in Alaska. that is most likely why we do not see a premium in Alaska yet.

My feeling is when Europe 2015 is rolled out...you WILL see a significant premium for the new suite benefits vs 2014. Europe demand is extremely strong right now. I bet prices for Penthouse and RS will be astronomical.

Also wondering if Celebrity will add capacity back to Europe in 2015. I think they will.

I would like to see X keep a ship during the summer months based out of South Florida. Not going to hold my breath though. Our upcoming 13 night on the EQ has sold pretty good. Suites went fast.

It will be interesting to see how much X raises the prices to cover the new added suite perks. They have to be careful though. If they raise them too high people will look to other lines.

Edited by cruisingator2

Please tell me how you're accessing these prices. Looking for June Artic Circle (non suite) and I can't find anything in the Celebrity web site after logging in to Captain's Club account.

You have to call Celebrity or TA. The email Celebrity sent listed cruises that were open.

I dont see how Celebrity can add capacity in Europe, as Infinity is headed to Alaska in Summer 2015. Unless they take a ship out of Alaska, or Summit out of Bermuda, (and I do not see that happening), Celebrity will have 1 less ship sailing in Europe in Summer 2015. Even under that unlikely scenario, it would only get them back to Summer 2014 deployment levels.

This is what happens when you eliminate a ship, and do not replace the capacity. That's why I feel that sending Century away, as opposed to fixing her up, and keeping her in the fleet for another few years, was a poor decision.

I would like to see X keep a ship during the summer months based out of South Florida. Not going to hold my breath though. Our upcoming 13 night on the EQ has sold pretty good. Suites went fast.

Hi Cruisingator2,

I totally agree with you, but if you connect the Alaska, Europe and Bermuda dots, all Celebrity ships are spoken for.... which means no 2015 Summer Caribbean again - unless of course, deployment changes at some point.

I dont see how Celebrity can add capacity in Europe, as Infinity is headed to Alaska in Summer 2015. Unless they take a ship out of Alaska, or Summit out of Bermuda, (and I do not see that happening), Celebrity will have 1 less ship sailing in Europe in Summer 2015. Even under that unlikely scenario, it would only get them back to Summer 2014 deployment levels.

This is what happens when you eliminate a ship, and do not replace the capacity. That's why I feel that sending Century away, as opposed to fixing her up, and keeping her in the fleet for another few years, was a poor decision.

agree..there are no extra ships to move over there. but they can extend the European season by a couple weeks on either end to add capacity, albeit not peak pricing weeks. If i remember correctly, they took off a couple weeks in 2014 to lower capacity.

But you are right about Century and Infinity, good point. Unfortunately we never get to see the profit breakdown ship by ship. We have to assume Celebrity's management is making the right decision by retiring Century.

After looking at the inits for summer 2014, both century and Infinity are running interesting itinerary's this year. I have a feeling if i spent more time researching, neither ship is doing spectacular in . so MAYBE Europe losing Infinity wont be a huge blow.

But you are right, European capacity as a whole on Celebrity probably will be lower due to the lose of Infinity. Odds are in favor of Summit staying in Bermuda. But there is a new RCL megaship supposed to sailing to bermuda coupled with NCL's megaship...so who knows!! maybe Bermuda has too much capacity?? I personally sail on the summit to bermuda, so I hope it stays.

I will rephrase. Mediterranean (core itins) capacity on Celebrity goes up in 2015. while overall European capacity will take a hit due to the lose of Infinity.

agree..there are no extra ships to move over there. but they can extend the European season by a couple weeks on either end to add capacity, albeit not peak pricing weeks. If i remember correctly, they took off a couple weeks in 2014 to lower capacity.

But you are right about Century and Infinity, good point. Unfortunately we never get to see the profit breakdown ship by ship. We have to assume Celebrity's management is making the right decision by retiring Century.

After looking at the inits for summer 2014, both century and Infinity are running interesting itinerary's this year. I have a feeling if i spent more time researching, neither ship is doing spectacular in . so MAYBE Europe losing Infinity wont be a huge blow.

But you are right, European capacity as a whole on Celebrity probably will be lower due to the lose of Infinity. Odds are in favor of Summit staying in Bermuda. But there is a new RCL megaship supposed to sailing to bermuda coupled with NCL's megaship...so who knows!! maybe Bermuda has too much capacity?? I personally sail on the summit to bermuda, so I hope it stays.

I will rephrase. Mediterranean (core itins) capacity on Celebrity goes up in 2015. while overall European capacity will take a hit due to the lose of Infinity.

Infinity has been going to Alaska for several years and not to Europe. Do you mean Constellation?

Constellation and Silhouette have swapped itineraries because the Silhouette is now too large to sail in and out of Venice. Only thing that concerns me is, when I reviewed the Silhouette itineraries listed on post #52 of this thread, the annual Artic Circle cruise is not listed. I can't imagine Celebrity would drop this itinerary since it always sells out six months before sailing year after year.....and it is on our 2015 bucket list.

I just checked the Celebrity website and Infinity is in Europe summer of 2014.

And Infinity was in Europe last year as well. We spent 5 weeks on her.

I stand corrected! I looked at Celebrity's web site and saw Infinity in Alaska - but it was for the 2015 cruises...sorry!

Wouldn't work for people watching out for price drops, though....

There are not many of these suites available on each ship 2PH and 8 RS. If they sell out then there will be no price drops. Reminds me of the time I saw someone complaining that they couldn't get a price reduction on their FV cabin on a cruise. The FV cabins were all sold out so there was no price quoted but a lot of the other veranda cabins had big price reductions so they thought they should get one too.

Somehow this thread has gone way off my original question or has been merged with another thread however I have not managed to force the Celebrity website to give me US$ prices as well as sterling. There definitely appears to have been an issue setting up the UK prices for sprint 2016 which, I guess from some of the earlier replies, is similar in other European countries. The numbers are all for 15-night Panama Canal cruises on Infinity:-

13 April 2015 PH and RS all sold

24 April 2015 PH sold RS $13,098/£8,238

18 September 2015 PH sold RS $13,598/£8.578

5 November 2015 PH $18,298/£11,338 RS $13,698/£8,598

20 November 2015 PH sold RS $13,498/£8,470

27 March 2016 PH $18,598/£23,016 RS $13,798/£17,296

11 April 2016 PH $18,498/£22,846 RS $13,698/£17,086

Edited by Project_gal

the new 2015 European cruises have been released to captains club members. As I expected, (due to better than expected demand this season) Celebrity added capacity to Europe by starting a week or two earlier and ending later. I have not priced out the high end suites yet, but i would suspect we are going to see that new suite premium baked in.

Somehow this thread has gone way off my original question or has been merged with another thread however I have not managed to force the Celebrity website to give me US$ prices as well as sterling. There definitely appears to have been an issue setting up the UK prices for sprint 2016 which, I guess from some of the earlier replies, is similar in other European countries. The numbers are all for 15-night Panama Canal cruises on Infinity:-

13 April 2015 PH and RS all sold

24 April 2015 PH sold RS $13,098/£8,238

18 September 2015 PH sold RS $13,598/£8.578

5 November 2015 PH $18,298/£11,338 RS $13,698/£8,598

20 November 2015 PH sold RS $13,498/£8,470

27 March 2016 PH $18,598/£23,016 RS $13,798/£17,296

11 April 2016 PH $18,498/£22,846 RS $13,698/£17,086

I checked yesterday and they have corrected the prices for these two cruises:

27 March 2016 PH $18,598/£11,518 RS $13,798/£8,658

11 April 2016 PH $18,498/£11,418 RS $13,698/£8,558