What Cruise Lines Leave from Calif Going to Hawaii?

CalifGirl67

I'm trying to figure out which cruise lines go to Hawaii leaving from a port in California without having to go to every cruise line website?I have looked at several but not finding very much. Maybe someone who has cruised to Hawaii from a Calif port can let me know or anyone who has some info? Thanks :)

The only cruise lines that do one way to Hawaii are to/from Vancouver.

They are RCI and Celebrity.

Most Hawaii cruises are 15 day round trip to Hawaii from California.

There are no one way cruises to Hawaii from California.

Princes has the most cruises. HAL and Carnival have some in early fall or late spring. There are no one way cruises between Hawaii and California because of the PVSA (also commonly called the "Jones act") .

Princes has the most cruises. HAL and Carnival have some in early fall or late spring. There are no one way cruises between Hawaii and California because of the PVSA (also commonly called the "Jones act") .

Actually, in re-reading the OP's question, this is the correct info. As stated, there are NONE that are one way cruises from/to California.

I'm not interested in one way, only roundtrip. Trying to figure out if its cheaper to just fly to Hawaii,get hotel etc or to cruise there. WHat cruise line is HAL?

Actually, in re-reading the OP's question, this is the correct info. As stated, there are NONE that are one way cruises from/to California.

OK, I've read the OP's question 3 times now and still not seeing that they asked about one way cruises.:confused:

OK, I've read the OP's question 3 times now and still not seeing that they asked about one way cruises.:confused:

The OP says a "cruise to Hawaii from a California port". That could be construed as one way. In any case, I answered the round trip question in Post #2.

You are correct! I am looking for round trip and not sure why everyone is assuming one way on my original post. :eek:

You are correct! I am looking for round trip and not sure why everyone is assuming one way on my original post. :eek:

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy for a minute there. I, too, don't understand people think you wanted one way. Sometimes people do ask about one way cruises but it's few and far between. Looks like you're out of luck if you want to stay with Royal Caribbean. Since Celebrity is under the same umbrella as RC, I looked there and they don't go out of CA. either. A couple mentioned Princess and I found them to be very comparable to RC and might even like them a bit more even though we have a good loyalty status with Royal.

Keep in mind that a cruise to Hawaii involves many sea days (each way) and a very short time in Hawaii. We have been to Hawaii on both cruises and by flying and recommend that if you really want time to see and enjoy the island....flying is a better option. There are some pretty decent packages that include both the air and hotels..and you can even include inter island flights.

Hank

When I look on Royal it only shows departing from Canada so I'm assuming they don't leave from Calif? I'd prefer to stay with Royal but if we decided on Hawaii, may not be able to. :(

Royal is doing one ways from Vancouver or Ensenada. For Ensenada, many times the cruiselines will check-in in San Diego and the bus everyone down to the ship. No check-in facilities in Ensenada. You'd have to fly back from Hawaii.

Otherwise you are looking at Princess from San Francisco or San Pedro.

Carnival from Long Beach or

Holland America from San Diego or San Pedro.

I did see some wonderful itins RT San Diego and San Francisco but several are 25 days, one is 30 days and another is 102 days. All are on HAL out of San Diego, except the 102 day one on Crystal out of San Francisco.

Edited by SadieN

Royal is doing one ways from Vancouver or Ensenada. For Ensenada, many times the cruiselines will check-in in San Diego and the bus everyone down to the ship. No check-in facilities in Ensenada. You'd have to fly back from Hawaii.

Otherwise you are looking at Princess from San Francisco or San Pedro.

Carnival from Long Beach or

Holland America from San Diego or San Pedro.

I did see some wonderful itins RT San Diego and San Francisco but several are 25 days, one is 30 days and another is 102 days. All are on HAL out of San Diego, except the 102 day one on Crystal out of San Francisco.

Thanks, I'm trying to find a short 10 - 14 day RT one

When I look on Royal it only shows departing from Canada so I'm assuming they don't leave from Calif? I'd prefer to stay with Royal but if we decided on Hawaii, may not be able to. :(

Royal doesn't have any cruises to Hawaii from California thru spring 2016.

Edited by Kamloops50

Thanks, I'm trying to find a short 10 - 14 day RT one

The short ones are one ways so you'd have to fly the other way.

Otherwise these cruises are 14/15/16days long.

It takes 4.5 days to get to Hawaii from CA, the same going back. All stop at the closest foreign port, Ensenada. The longer cruises go to more HI ports.

For 14 days your best best are Princess and HAL. Carnival's are 15 days, leaving on Saturday and returning on a Sunday.

(I searched on an online cruise TA website. Used HI and 'all dates'. Itins are up thru part of 2016.)

Whatever you decide do it sooner rather than later. These cruises are not all that common and they have a tendency to fill up quickly. Both our cruise in October and Mom's cruise in December are sold out.

Edited by SadieN

The short ones are one ways so you'd have to fly the other way.

Otherwise these cruises are 14/15/16days long.

It takes 4.5 days to get to Hawaii from CA, the same going back. All stop at the closest foreign port, Ensenada. The longer cruises go to more HI ports.

For 14 days your best best are Princess and HAL. Carnival's are 15 days, leaving on Saturday and returning on a Sunday.

(I searched on an online cruise TA website. Used HI and 'all dates'. Itins are up thru part of 2016.)

Whatever you decide do it sooner rather than later. These cruises are not all that common and they have a tendency to fill up quickly. Both our cruise in October and Mom's cruise in December are sold out.

Thank you sadie ;) We are just trying to plan ahead, cruise to Hawaii vs flying 12 hrs,which one would be cheaper etc. I thought cruising would be cheaper/easier but not looking like it and more difficult as we would want rt from calif.