Just Announced

rlkubi

I would love to do the HI cruise round-trip but it only runs during time when school is in session (I am a teacher). I understand why, summer in the Pacific is full of hurricanes, that would be a nightmare. I have heard bad things about the Miracle so I do hope Carnival is still running this cruise but with a new ship or with major upgrades. I wont be retiring for a long time (20 years) so I think I have a while before I even look into this cruise. lol

Princess offers a HI cruise over winter break

We've had no problems on our Miracle cruises, MR or HI. Mom and Sis were on the Dec HI cruise that missed ports but those were weather related.

I fly from YYT so flights to San Juan are cost prohibitive. Even flights to Miami are expensive but I use point which work well for Canada/US(other than Hawaii) but otherwise do not. I can usually do a repo within the US with my points without trouble. I too would like some longer summer options

Pricewise they seem all over the place as some start at $1500+ per person

The 2 Dream cruises were not previously long itineraries. If someone had the regular 7 day planned then they would have to change. Most people who book a 7 day can't just go and take extra time off work. It also now involves a flight that would cost extra. This is prime Fall Break time and now a lot of families will have to change their plans if they have booked early. We pretty much always book at least a year in advance and if I was on one of the cruises that are now canceled I would be upset.

On the other hand, I've already booked the Jan 23 and Feb 2 Glory sailings, and now the fare is over $200 less for each. That's a good savings.

I love these and really wish I could take one of the cruises. Unfortunately because they are not round-trip we cannot afford it. We'd have to fly to port of NOLA from Austin and then fly back to Austin from San Juan. Just too expensive :(

I think the complaints about one way airfare being so expensive are people that are just too set in there ways to research it. I agree that you can often find better pricing booking one way fares with different airlines.

I am going to Cabo next month. Flying Southwest on the way there and United on the way home becuase it was the cheapest way to do it.

People that complain about high cost one way fares are the same ones that still book flights through AAA! lol

I'm all for booking one-way flights with separate airlines...but I still consider it expensive. I found a flight from San Juan to Austin for $137/pp...but then I'd still have to pay to get to NOLA. And then we would need a hotel in NOLA, and a taxi to take us from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. And a hotel in San Juan and a taxi to the airport...yada yada...

It adds up quick.

If it were round-trip I'd be saving $700+ by driving. No hotel, no flight costs...we drive a hybrid so our gas costs to get to Galveston and back is like MAYBE $60...to NOLA probably more like $100 round-trip.

It's just not affordable to many. I'ts more than flights and cruise fare.

Edited by HollandAvery

Looking forward to my journey! Thank you carnival for these itineraries!. Wish i had more free time and money. I hope they have success with these itineraries and do them more often. The mexican riviera 14 day looks outstanding.

On the other hand, I've already booked the Jan 23 and Feb 2 Glory sailings, and now the fare is over $200 less for each. That's a good savings.

Who did you book the airfair thru? Im doing the feb 2 cruise on glory as well. Should be an outstanding cruise!

I booked the March 13 Pride sailing right after it was announced (so August). It is now just shy of $1000 more for the same cabin :eek:

I am so pleased to hear about the midnight buffet, the baked alaska, the new ports, the captain's celebration. I actually teared up a little bit. So many of my favorite things from my first cruise. I really hope I can do one of these. Favorited some to show my DH.

I think throwback day will be the clincher for many. Some will want to relive it and other will want to experience what we oldies used to have. My favorite was the midnight buffet (as we knew it).

I'm hoping these will extend to 2017. I already have two booked next year so my 4 weeks vacation is accounted for :). We just did the Freedom 12 day repositioning which was awesome! Hubby says no more this year but I may have to try to convince LOL

Of course there will be people who complain. People have been griping forever about Carnival not offering longer/different itineraries and now that they are, some don't like it.

So don't book one!

I will definitely check them out. I'd have no problem doing a long sailing on a Fantasy-class ship. I happen to like them. I did a 5+7 B2B on Fantasy and loved it. I don't need a big, blaring TV. I won't starve without a Guy's Burgers. I don't use the spa. I'm not a balcony snob. As long as I have a Serenity Deck, I'll manage just fine. :D

I've done the San Juan-Miami repos the past two Novembers (Conquest 2013 and Splendor 2014). Conquest didn't sell out but Splendor sold very quickly last year and prices went way up well before the sail date. Two 1-way airfares on SW were very reasonable (and even had some price drops).

As for Bermuda, those sailings are always expensive. You can't compare the price of a Bermuda sailing to a Caribbean sailing, really. Our Splendor Bermuda for this coming October practically sold out 1-1/2 years before the cruise and the remaining cabins are outrageously priced. It's all about Supply and Demand, people. If you want Carnival and you want Bermuda, you have very few choices. Other lines sail there regularly, so consider another line for Bermuda.

Of course there will be people who complain. People have been griping forever about Carnival not offering longer/different itineraries and now that they are, some don't like it.

So don't book one!

I will definitely check them out. I'd have no problem doing a long sailing on a Fantasy-class ship. I happen to like them. I did a 5+7 B2B on Fantasy and loved it. I don't need a big, blaring TV. I won't starve without a Guy's Burgers. I don't use the spa. I'm not a balcony snob. As long as I have a Serenity Deck, I'll manage just fine. :D

I've done the San Juan-Miami repos the past two Novembers (Conquest 2013 and Splendor 2014). Conquest didn't sell out but Splendor sold very quickly last year and prices went way up well before the sail date. Two 1-way airfares on SW were very reasonable (and even had some price drops).

As for Bermuda, those sailings are always expensive. You can't compare the price of a Bermuda sailing to a Caribbean sailing, really. Our Splendor Bermuda for this coming October practically sold out 1-1/2 years before the cruise and the remaining cabins are outrageously priced. It's all about Supply and Demand, people. If you want Carnival and you want Bermuda, you have very few choices. Other lines sail there regularly, so consider another line for Bermuda.

Yes. The thread barely got started before someone started complaining on behalf of other people. Lol. These won't work for me like.I said but they are nice options for people who wanted the longer trips. And yes, Bermuda is almost always more expensive than regular Caribbean trips.

As far as one way airline tickets, my brother thought the same thing when he booked the Valor repo. After a little research he was able to find two decent priced one way tickets. Combined they were only $20 more than a rt from either San Juan or Orlando.

I hope folks have a blast with these throwback cruises!

I think the complaints about one way airfare being so expensive are people that are just too set in there ways to research it. I agree that you can often find better pricing booking one way fares with different airlines.

I am going to Cabo next month. Flying Southwest on the way there and United on the way home becuase it was the cheapest way to do it.

People that complain about high cost one way fares are the same ones that still book flights through AAA! lol

Transatlantic one ways are hideously expensive. Icelandair seems to be the only one with the sense to make them affordable

One way to avoid higher airfare is to do a B2B on the longer cruises. I had booked the Jan 23 Glory out of Miami that ends in San Juan, and the Feb 2 Glory out of San Juan that ends in Miami. So my airfare is RT Miami from NY, not a big deal.

Huh? I don't know about the others, but my itinerary didn't change at all. They just took the cruise and turned it into a "journeys" cruise. I don't think they kick you off if you've already booked. Are you saying that you (or others) would like to book a journey cruise but have already booked under early saver so cannot switch?:confused:

A 14 day we are booked on in March 2016 now shows up as a "Journeys" though nothing has changed that I can tell either?

One way to avoid higher airfare is to do a B2B on the longer cruises. I had booked the Jan 23 Glory out of Miami that ends in San Juan, and the Feb 2 Glory out of San Juan that ends in Miami. So my airfare is RT Miami from NY, not a big deal.

Oh that is a great idea, we have never done a back to back but this would be the time to do it :-)

A 14 day we are booked on in March 2016 now shows up as a "Journeys" though nothing has changed that I can tell either?

Our Sunshine cruise for Feb 2016 is a 13 day cruise & was renamed " Carnival Journey" too. It is a special sailing that does the deep Southern Caribbean. But nothing has changed about our sailing since Carnival renamed the cruise except the throwback extras are added. It does leave from Port Canaveral & returns to Port Canaveral.

I understand that people want longer trips and that the beards are listening. What I totally don't get is why they don't plan them for the upcoming 2016/2017 season instead of changing already planned itineraries. I guess they don't care about the people who have already booked their vacation most likely under ES where they will have a hard time changing. I don't have one of these ships booked but I would be pretty ticked off if I had to go and change my entire vacation plan.

The practice with those who are booked ES on a journey that has been changed by Carnival (itinerary, or dates), is to allow for a change without penalty to the passenger(s). There is a timeframe involved (24 or 48 hours from the announcement), so those people who have had their itineraries changed should re-look at their options.

Personally, our March 2016 Pride 14-day cruise did not have a change in itinerary :), so it does not affect us.

Did you check your fare? My pricing on Jan 23 Glory has gone down, Feb 2 Glory remains the same.

I agree, looks like our sailing didn't change at all...really glad, as I liked the itinerary just as it is. Only 372 more days LOL.

Did you check your fare? My pricing on Jan 23 Glory has gone down, Feb 2 Glory remains the same.

The fares for the March 2016 14-day have remained steady for the last few weeks, and remain unchanged as of today. However, having said that, our cost for a 4K has gone up $480.00 total since we booked last summer. Glad we booked when we did !