Dress code.

welshfamily

Please could someone explain Azamara's dress code.

Having only booked this weekend I have been busy reading reviews and have found several on a large UK TA's website which have mentioned Jackets and no collared polo shirts allowed in the evening. Whilst we were attracted to the no formal evening neither my husband or son would feel comfortable being 'undressed' however neither really want to wear jacket shirt and ties every evening.

Both favour either shirt and slacks or smart collared golf/polo shirts with slacks. My son, 25, tends to wear smart chinos as well. My son also likes to wear smart deck shoes eg those by vans or converse.

What would one normally wear in the evening?

Thank you.

Both favour either shirt and slacks or smart collared golf/polo shirts with slacks. My son, 25, tends to wear smart chinos as well. My son also likes to wear smart deck shoes eg those by vans or converse.

Hi again. What you describe is perfectly fine. The UK TA websites that you read are wrong. No need to wear a jacket at any time and polo shirts fit right in. I do take a suit, shirt and tie to wear on certain evenings, but that is just a personal choice and not necessary.

Phil

Talking about dress code I have a question. For the AzAmazing Evenings do you wear coat and tie or sport shirt or do you see everything? Thanks.

Steve

You'll see a mixture, but more often than not it's smart casual that people choose. You'll see some jackets, shirts and ties, but not everyone brings that so there is no need. Some of the venues for the Azamazing evening are very warm depending upon climate of the place you are visiting so what suits you best.

Phil

Talking about dress code I have a question. For the AzAmazing Evenings do you wear coat and tie or sport shirt or do you see everything? Thanks.

Steve

No need for a jacket or tie anywhere, anytime on Azamara. For the Azamazing Evening, wear whatever is appropriate for the weather.

Thanks Phil and marinaro44. This is our first Azamara and we will be on for 3 weeks so anything extra that I can eliminate from the suitcase is good.

Steve

Exactly how we feel. We now cruise for four to six weeks so every pound of luggage counts. Cruise lines that still maintain the outdated dress code changes on different nights (e.g., "tonight is casual; tomorrow night is formal; the next night is semi-formal":rolleyes:) are simply off the list.

I am surprised how helpful everyone is. Thank you all. This bodes well for the cruise.

My men, young and old, are happy with a more casual/smart cruise. Whilst my daughter and I love to dress up for formal night and little cocktail dresses are easily squashed into a small space when packing we very seldom get the chance to wear summer dresses.

I fear a shopping trip may well be necessary:)

I am surprised how helpful everyone is. Thank you all. This bodes well for the cruise.

My men, young and old, are happy with a more casual/smart cruise. Whilst my daughter and I love to dress up for formal night and little cocktail dresses are easily squashed into a small space when packing we very seldom get the chance to wear summer dresses.

As Spursgirl says you should find a wonderful onboard atmosphere too. Have a wonderful cruise.

Phil

We only took our first Azamara cruise last year and enjoyed it so much that we booked again for this year.

Complete mix of attire on board, some men in suits and ties and others far less formal but that didn't seem to matter to anyone on board. Great atmosphere from crew and passengers alike.

Edited by Prefdavid

One of the great things about Azamara, it attracts the sort of guests who happily coexist without worrying about silly things like look what that man/woman is wearing. All are too busy thinking about the destinations and what they might discover the next day

You can also cut back a little on the packing as Azamara has a self serve laundry...no charge and they also supply the laundry soap. There are also 2 ironing boards and irons in the laundry room.