.......idle jottings

ho-hum

SeaDream, with its ancient boats, can go one of two ways:

1) Devolve to a "booze cruise" running between Miami and the Bahamas.

2) Complete overhaul - reducing the number of cabins by half, greatly increasing quality, going adults-only (except full charters), sailing from smaller ports accessible by NetJet, etc., and doubling fares (to keep out the Ragnars of the world). In other words, filling the vast void between Seabourn and chartering a mega-yacht.

Hey, I like it. We can drive to San Diego. Doing it this next week for a Christmas cruise. Maybe we can entice Ho-Hum away from Posh Part England to join us on SeaDream's inaugural San Diego/Ensenada Very Posh Booze Cruze.:eek:

Hey Butch & Sundance.......a little more respect........please !

So sorry dear readers...... these gun toting cowboys had obviously started earlier than usual.....just incorrigible the pair of them !....and when they get back from the rifle range all liquored up on Margaritas.....well this is just what happens.........haha.

Well thanks at least for including ho hum in on the new role for Sea Dream but that aint going to happen and with SDII passing the USPH inspection with an incredibly high score we are assured that obviously the crew are keeping this beautiful vessel in tip-top condition and some investment by the Owner must have been made to keep the mechanical condition up.

So now is a time for SDII Owner, management and especially the crew to bask in the glow of a job well done !

At last, this is something we can all celebrate.

Hey Butch & Sundance.......a little more respect........please !

So sorry dear readers...... these gun toting cowboys had obviously started earlier than usual.....just incorrigible the pair of them !....and when they get back from the rifle range all liquored up on Margaritas.....well this is just what happens.........haha.

Well thanks at least for including ho hum in on the new role for Sea Dream but that aint going to happen and with SDII passing the USPH inspection with an incredibly high score we are assured that obviously the crew are keeping this beautiful vessel in tip-top condition and some investment by the Owner must have been made to keep the mechanical condition up.

So now is a time for SDII Owner, management and especially the crew to bask in the glow of a job well done !

At last, this is something we can all celebrate.

I don't know about starting earlier than usual but it is nearing harvest time for the lemons on our tree. That usually leads to, among other things, starting a new batch of Lemoncello. That starts with 190 proof grain alcohol.:eek::eek: Sure as shootin' that's good stuff. Inevitably prompts some silly sayings about lead and pencils. Have to have it ready for our Brit Cousins coming to stay and shoot.

We and 2 other couples wanted to do a Caribbean cruise with SD in January, but their prices back in September for Jan-Mar sailings were about $1,000 p/p more than Seabourn for similar itins. We contacted them anyway and asked if they might drop prices closer to our preferred sailing dates, and were told this would not happen. So we booked 3 cabins on Seabourn. A month and a half later they started dropping prices for early 2015, but too late for us to change our plans. It's frustrating that SD prices were not competitive until so close to sailing dates. We would have gladly paid a little more to sail on SD, but the offer came too late.

Great to hear from you Dave; it's been a while......(but first we hope DW is now fully recovered).

Tis a shame about selecting Seabourn, we may have met up as we are doing a time in the Caribbean over this period.

Well have a great trip on Seabourn....maybe you would like to tell us about it ?

Ho hum is sure there is an inquisitive audience out here who want to know.

What is your considered opinion on all these apparent price reductions throughout the cruise industry (or so I am lead to believe) ?

After the a/c woes on the SD2 crossing........,a week or so later we received a 25% credit off future bookings which we considered was fair and the matter was handled and concluded efficiently.

With no further a/c and soot problems reported, we are mostly satisfied.

There is a slight nagging worry over future mechanical worthiness but we must give credit where credit is due and say well done shoreside management: your handling of the situation was well done and began to re-establish trust towards the company.

Please continue with a more opaque "dialogue" as it halts concern and paranoia.

And so we booked a back to back without any quibbles with the credit offered in it's entirety.

Ho hum is certain shoreside management are decent people and likes the individuals he has encountered over the years.

Is the gap narrowing ? Well this is certainly an appreciated improvement and demonstrates the quality of service of the company.

.....ever heard of the expression "two steps forward, two steps back" ?

Well ho hum has a new one "two steps forward, ten steps back" !

Just one of those days.....counting down the days til our return to SD2.

Now about this time last year.....no it was Xmas eve actually...a storm blew down a 60' tree onto a pair of gas tanks serving the homestead !

Well we made it to the Caribbean then, so hope to God we will make it again.

In light of today's announcements, is Cuba next for SeaDream? I think they would be a perfect fit for Cuba. Would you sail SD on a Cuban itinerary??

I had the same thought Jim! This could open up a market for SD to sail out of Florida to the Cuba, Florida Keys and some of the incredible islands of the Bahamas. :D

In light of today's announcements, is Cuba next for SeaDream? I think they would be a perfect fit for Cuba. Would you sail SD on a Cuban itinerary??

I had the same thought Jim! This could open up a market for SD to sail out of Florida to the Cuba, Florida Keys and some of the incredible islands of the Bahamas. :D

I sure hope that happens! I would be booking that one in a flash!

I've been waiting for it for years!

Well, well, Sea Dream shoreside management may just be ahead of the game on this one !

When the idea was first muted about a year ago, ho hum suggested that Americans would'nt go because it would be un-American to travel there and few would go.

Finally, finally it seems the US government have seen the sense of normalising relations with a significant neighbour. That in itself is something to celebrate. And from your response it seems it is very warmly viewed.

Let's hope no one took ho hum's advice........never have done in the past so you might be in for a treat in 2017.

Well, well, Sea Dream shoreside management may just be ahead of the game on this one !

When the idea was first muted about a year ago, ho hum suggested that Americans would'nt go because it would be un-American to travel there and few would go.

Finally, finally it seems the US government have seen the sense of normalising relations with a significant neighbour. That in itself is something to celebrate. And from your response it seems it is very warmly viewed.

Let's hope no one took ho hum's advice........never have done in the past so you might be in for a treat in 2017.

We always heed your sage advice when it comes to important matters such as fashion and wine;):D;)

When DJ's DH and I sailed by Cuba last week we both wondered if the US would ever allow its citizens to legally visit the island. Now it's just a question of when and the mode of travel.

you might be in for a treat in 2017.

So, Ho-Hum is chartering SD for a Cuba trip and inviting all his buddies here to come along?? You would learn much from Raggy and myself (Butch & Sundance).:eek:

I think if Blondie and Ho-Hum charter we can find enough Americans to fill out the roster ;)

So, Ho-Hum is chartering SD for a Cuba trip and inviting all his buddies here to come along?? You would learn much from Raggy and myself (Butch & Sundance).:eek:

I think if Blondie and Ho-Hum charter we can find enough Americans to fill out the roster ;)

I'm in for that. Might even pay something.

Great to hear from you Dave; it's been a while......(but first we hope DW is now fully recovered).

Tis a shame about selecting Seabourn, we may have met up as we are doing a time in the Caribbean over this period.

Well have a great trip on Seabourn....maybe you would like to tell us about it ?

Ho hum is sure there is an inquisitive audience out here who want to know.

What is your considered opinion on all these apparent price reductions throughout the cruise industry (or so I am lead to believe) ?

Ho-hum, thanks for the welcome and question about DW..

I know that DW is fully recovered from her surgery because she is now back to drinking at least one bottle of wine per day.

We would have preferred to do the Caribbean with SD, but their pricing just did not work for us at the time we were booking. However, if you go forward with the Cuban charter consider us in.

I will report back on Seabourn, although we are sailing on one of their small ships which we love but which will not be available much longer as they have been sold to Windstar.

As for price reductions, I have noticed that more of them now seem to be available on certain itineraries on certain cruise lines at selected times of the year. For example, we recently book a Princess-class suite on the QM2 for an Atlantic crossing in August for the price of a balcony club cabin -- a sweet deal that we have never seen before, especially in the summer. And several other cruise lines, including SD and Seabourn, have been offering some great deals as well. Perhaps the free fall of the Ruble has forced wealthy Russians to vacation at home!

No, ho hum, I think you were correct. I will only go to Cuba legitimately. We could have gone to Cuba through the "back door" by flying through Canada, or on one of those so-called humanitarian missions, but we chose not to. I am anxious to go but will only go when my country sanctions travel from the US to Cuba.

you might be in for a treat in 2017.

Well thanks for that Jim......another fine mess you have got ho hum into !

God your slick Jim ........from suggesting people MIGHT welcome Cuba on a forthcoming itinerary ...you have somehow managed to conjure up the scenario that ho hum would be chartering the ruddy boat ! Thanks a lot !

And to top it off certain SD 'ol timers are believing you !

Hell even blondie thinks ho hum is chartering the boat !

Hell even blondie thinks ho hum is chartering the boat !

Ho-hum forgot to type one important letter: "s"

The correct word is: boats

One SD-vessel would not last out for the trip and for all of the buddies ... :D

Please inform the gcmv-couple as early as possible, when the ho-hum charter is booked.

Ho-hum forgot to type one important letter: "s"

The correct word is: boats

One SD-vessel would not last out for the trip and for all of the buddies ... :D

Please inform the gcmv-couple as early as possible, when the ho-hum charter is booked.

Ralph you are not helping !!!

Sweet, Monserrat is on my list too, thanks ho-hum for arrainging this charter. I bet they give you a free upgrade for being the coordinator (well, maybe not...).

Seriously, we are in!

From the sound of it, the charter is filling rapidly. Bless Ho-Hum.

Mr. Hum, please make sure we stop at Montserrat on your charter. I look forward to traveling with you and Blondie.

Sweet, Monserrat is on my list too, thanks ho-hum for arrainging this charter. I bet they give you a free upgrade for being the coordinator (well, maybe not...).

Seriously, we are in!

It's Montserrat now !

As if it is near Cuba......it's frigging hundreds of miles away !

Lord help ho hum.

Ho hum has warned you two before about distilling your own "hooch" !

Now listen up !

And listen up good !

Ho hum aint chartering SD boat or BOATS (Ralph) !

He never promised to charter no damn boat/s ...he never even said he would charter no damn boat/s.

To go to Cuba, to go to Montserrat or to go ANYWHERE !

Geddit. Capiche. Comprendo.

Thankyou.

Another word out of any of you and.......!!!!

Well just wait and see, that's all ho hum is saying......yeah.

Not a w....o.....r.....d !