Are any changes allowed to a balcony guarantee cabin?

Hey everyone,

My wife and I had our cabin assigned to us for our balcony guarantee. Of course we knew we might not get a great location, or cabin.

We ended up with a connecting cabin located across from some washrooms/ stairwell. I'm not too worried about the noise, but am curious if any changes allowed once it has been assigned? Can we stay within the category?

Thanks, Chris

Hey everyone,

My wife and I had our cabin assigned to us for our balcony guarantee. Of course we knew we might not get a great location, or cabin.

We ended up with a connecting cabin located across from some washrooms/ stairwell. I'm not too worried about the noise, but am curious if any changes allowed once it has been assigned? Can we stay within the category?

Thanks, Chris

Royal usually allows those booked under US/Canadian rules to change their guarantee assignment to another available stateroom in the same exact category as what has been assigned. Contact whoever booked your cruise.

I had a balcony guarantee on Serenade last month and was quickly assigned the very last aft balcony on deck 8 - larger balcony, but too far to walk for DH. I was able to change the cabin 3X ,(within the same category), and ended up with a large balcony on the hump. I didn't pick that one up until the day after final payment was due, but I was sure glad someone canceled or changed cabins.

Edited by mek

Royal usually allows those booked under US/Canadian rules to change their guarantee assignment to another available stateroom in the same exact category as what has been assigned. Contact whoever booked your cruise.

I booked it myself online, I'll give them a call later and see what I can swing.

Thanks,

Royal usually does allow you back into the pool within the same category; there might be open rooms or you may end up with the same room again. it is possible to end up with one even worse, it's a toss up. Sometimes you get really lucky and score a great upgrade.

They should be charging to switch out of an assigned guarantee, IMO. I understand people's concerns over a loud location, long walk, etc. But if that's the case pay the premium to select the cabin that suits you best to start with. If you can't accept the worst cabin in a category, don't try to save a few bucks going GTY and hoping to gamble out of it; you could end up disappointed.

I booked it myself online, I'll give them a call later and see what I can swing.

Thanks,

When you call, don't mention the word guarantee, just say you would like to change your stateroom. It would also be best if you knew exactly what stateroom you wanted to change to.

When you call, don't mention the word guarantee, just say you would like to change your stateroom. It would also be best if you knew exactly what stateroom you wanted to change to.

Beat me to it- That's exactly what I was just coming to post

The one time I tried and mentioned guarantee I was told they could not change it (I knew that they could) I called back later and just said I wanted to switch rooms to room number xxxx and they changed it no problem

The one time I tried and mentioned guarantee I was told they could not change it (I knew that they could) I called back later and just said I wanted to switch rooms to room number xxxx and they changed it no problem

I learned that from you, of course.:)

Same here

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Royal usually does allow you back into the pool within the same category; there might be open rooms or you may end up with the same room again. it is possible to end up with one even worse, it's a toss up. Sometimes you get really lucky and score a great upgrade.

They should be charging to switch out of an assigned guarantee, IMO. I understand people's concerns over a loud location, long walk, etc. But if that's the case pay the premium to select the cabin that suits you best to start with. If you can't accept the worst cabin in a category, don't try to save a few bucks going GTY and hoping to gamble out of it; you could end up disappointed.

So are you saying if I book a regular cabin but want to change my cabin I should be charged to switch within the same category or is it just the guarantee that bothers you? I rarely book guarantees, but did on the last cruise and it worked out great for me. I could have accepted the first cabin I was assigned and my husband would manage, but as long as they allow me to do it, then I will. It really doesn't cost the cruise line anything more than a few minutes to switch me from cabin A to B. Unlike many who book in advance, I don't require a specific cabin to be happy, so I will continue to play musical cabins guarantee or non guarantee.

So are you saying if I book a regular cabin but want to change my cabin I should be charged to switch within the same category

No, not at all.

I rarely book guarantees, but did on the last cruise and it worked out great for me. I could have accepted the first cabin I was assigned and my husband would manage, but as long as they allow me to do it, then I will.

That's fine also. Like you said, Royal allowed it, so you are playing by their rules. No foul.

I'm just saying that some people book GTY's to save money and then game the system to get a specific room at the lower GTY rate. I just think this is a loophole they should eliminate.

I got pretty lucky. I got a gty super studio on Anthem sold out! Got assignment and figured out what was open since they upgraded me to normal size ob view cabin. Called said I got assignment and was hoping to change to x cabin due to mobility issues and was instantly changed, and no extra charge since a change in same cat. Worked great! Near elevators! Should be a fab 5 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Why? :confused: What difference does it make to you or anyone else if others do this? This is something the cruise lines' allow, so I see absolutely nothing wrong with people doing it.

They don't allow singles to book guarantee cabins for the summer in the Caribbean.

Not happy.

I cruise in the summer and get the 150% fare in June.

You would think they would allow this as they graciously have let me earn this amenity by all the thousands I have spent on this line.

Called the "D+" line and NOPE!

Uuggggh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums