Bypassing the negatives - Quantum is drop dead gorgeous

Did they have lobster at the free restaurants? Any tips. we are going 12-1. Your review was great. Did they have enough activities on sea days thanks.

Thank you.

I don't eat seafood at all but I know there was a lobster dish in The Grande as my cabin mate had it.

With the rough weather/glitches many of the shows were postponed and performed on other days and nights so there didn't appear to be that many activites during the day. I guess they were expecting everyone to be trying out the North Star etc.

We did have the Walk for Wishes though...(after a bit of persuading/begging).

I would think that on your sailing there will be more daily activities.

Thanks for the review. Does the Quantum have mini golf? Does it have a Dreamworks parade?

No mini golf on Quantum.

They had small Dreamworks parades, not though like the big ones on Oasis & Allure,without a Royal Promenade there was not enough space for a big Dreamworks parade.

Liz,

Thank you for posting your review. We board for a B2B on Dec. 1 and are as excited as we were for our first cruise.

Yes, do stick with the Allure…it IS your ship. We sailed with you and the Critters on an Allure B2B in Dec. 2012. Your organizing and raising of money for the Labadee Elementary School was amazing. I have told many many people (both guests and crew) of your efforts in doing these wonderful fundraisers. God Bless You.

Gil and Gail

:o I don't believe I am saying this but ...do not be surprised ladies when you use the restrooms that you are unable to flush the toilet....it flushes itself after you close the door :eek:

I spent ages trying to work out how the heck to make it flush :o

Now this is one piece of important information!:D Thanks for sharing.

Liz,

Thank you for posting your review. We board for a B2B on Dec. 1 and are as excited as we were for our first cruise.

Yes, do stick with the Allure…it IS your ship. We sailed with you and the Critters on an Allure B2B in Dec. 2012. Your organizing and raising of money for the Labadee Elementary School was amazing. I have told many many people (both guests and crew) of your efforts in doing these wonderful fundraisers. God Bless You.

Gil and Gail

Hi Gil & Gail, I just know you are going to love Quantum :D

This year our Critters Project was for Make A Wish and at the M&M I handed over to Captain Patrik just over $2100 from the sale of Maiden Pins and lanyards,Inaugural Pins & tshirts from both sailings. Once again my fellow roll call members made me proud in their support for our Project.

Thank you for your kind words and your support with the Project in 2012, it was a joy to sail with you both and one day I do hope we meet again.

Hope you have a fabulous time on your Quantum B2B.

Irene (Ichur) and Carole (Papergirl) will be carrying the Critters flags on the 12/1 sailing when they do the Walk for Wishes.

Fortunately all the negatives that were churned out by you and others will fade in memory as the next few groups of guests come back and praise the Quantum.

I do appreciate your list of complaints. It is good to know the of the negative situations and be pleased when they have been addressed and corrected.

Liz is such an upbeat and positive person. The long list of negatives that you provided placed with the good review given by Liz gives the reader a balanced and therefore better understanding of the Transatlantic voyage.:):)

There were a lot of negatives and oh boy did they make me sad/mad/upset but the ship itself is so beautiful so I just had to say about the positives.

I believe the Maiden Voyage was a one off with regards to the negatives and future sailings will be a lot better in that the glitches should/will be fixed.

p.s. Do you remember the young gentleman from Jamaica that I took with me to the Labadee school who worked on Guest Services (Francois-Frankie), well he is on Guest Services on Quantum. :D

Great review and pics.

FYI....stacked round wicker like items are the large round loungers.

Thank you.

These wicker items weren't that big so I wasn't sure how someone would be able to lounge in them..unless they curled up in them...sort of like a dog in a basket :D

But maybe they were for just one person :confused:, hopefully someone on a future sailing will spot them and let us know where they ended up.

Hi Liz. Thanks for posting your objective review - nicely done ! It's a shame the motion of the ocean interfered with your holiday - but you made the best of it. I love your photo at the Masquerade Dinner - how did you know that butterfly mask would be so appropriate - you must be clairvoyant among your other talents ;)

To the poster who asked about mini-golf, no there's no course on Q. And for the question re curries, yes, there's quite a bit of selection at both lunch and dinner.

There were a lot of negatives and oh boy did they make me sad/mad/upset but the ship itself is so beautiful so I just had to say about the positives.

I believe the Maiden Voyage was a one off with regards to the negatives and future sailings will be a lot better in that the glitches should/will be fixed.

p.s. Do you remember the young gentleman from Jamaica that I took with me to the Labadee school who worked on Guest Services (Francois-Frankie), well he is on Guest Services on Quantum. :D

Thank you so much for this review. I think the Quantum is an astonishing ship and all the glitches are just that--glitches. They'll get it ironed out in no time. I'm glad you took it all in stride and put your focus on the wonderful, amazing opportunity and all the friends you sailed with. My husband and I are boarding for the 8 night inaugural this Sunday and I am beside myself with excitement! I know from reading your review that we're in for a real experience.

Hi Liz. Thanks for posting your objective review - nicely done ! It's a shame the motion of the ocean interfered with your holiday - but you made the best of it. I love your photo at the Masquerade Dinner - how did you know that butterfly mask would be so appropriate - you must be clairvoyant among your other talents ;)

To the poster who asked about mini-golf, no there's no course on Q. And for the question re curries, yes, there's quite a bit of selection at both lunch and dinner.

Hey Mindy, thank you. I couldn't believe that on the cruise I knew was going to be a busy one for me, I got hit with seasickness, I crawled into bed after the M&M. :o Thankfully by the 3rd day I was feeling much better and on the 4th day I was able to have at last my lemon thingies ;) :D

Aw thank you for your kind words on my Masquerade pic, I had no idea when I bought the mask that Butterflies would be such a big thing on Quantum.

Thank you for answering the question about curries.:D

Simple menu (as Royal calls it, otherwise the alternate menu) attached. This was provided to me from the Miami office.

I would have liked the alternate/simple menu in most of the restaurants. I am not a fan of Dynamic Dining and was never able to make a reservation for the Grande, although it was partially empty most night.

Liz it was great meeting you after reading the roll call for several months, met a lot of great people. This was the first time we ever participated in Cruise Critic and it make a tremendous difference if you already have met some other travelers before you board. The pre-sail at HI and the meet and mingle were very enjoyable and well put together.

I was disappointed in several aspects of the trip, but also have had some wonderful trips on RCCL, so we booked a 2016 Southern Caribbean and 2015 Mediterranean trip on Allure before she goes to Dynamic Dining.

Till we meet again,

Larry and Betsy

Liz,

I'm so sorry that you had to cancel the Inaugural -- I was so looking forward to meeting you!

I appreciate your balanced review and photos. You seemed to be one of the few who understood that there were bound to be imperfections on a very first cruise, but still made the most of the experience.

Can't wait to experience it all myself.

I would have liked the alternate/simple menu in most of the restaurants. I am not a fan of Dynamic Dining and was never able to make a reservation for the Grande, although it was partially empty most night.

Liz it was great meeting you after reading the roll call for several months, met a lot of great people. This was the first time we ever participated in Cruise Critic and it make a tremendous difference if you already have met some other travelers before you board. The pre-sail at HI and the meet and mingle were very enjoyable and well put together.

I was disappointed in several aspects of the trip, but also have had some wonderful trips on RCCL, so we booked a 2016 Southern Caribbean and 2015 Mediterranean trip on Allure before she goes to Dynamic Dining.

Till we meet again,

Larry and Betsy

It was great to meet you too. I do wish we had had more time to chat.

Everytime I think of the M&M I smile (I also cringe a wee bittie because I was very green around the gills :o )

To have 3 Quantum Captains at the M&M and all the Executives we had and oh my giddy aunt soooo many CC members..it was brilliant. :D

Hope you have a wonderful time on your future RCCL cruises and maybe one day we will meet again.

Liz,

I'm so sorry that you had to cancel the Inaugural -- I was so looking forward to meeting you!

I appreciate your balanced review and photos. You seemed to be one of the few who understood that there were bound to be imperfections on a very first cruise, but still made the most of the experience.

Can't wait to experience it all myself.

Hi Joan, I hope one day we will sail together. I am sad I had to cancel the 11/23 Inaugural but you have a lot of fabulous people on your roll call and them along with the stunning Quantum I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

I knew there would be glitches and honestly I didn't expect so many but they didn't take away the beauty from the ship.

There was a lot I didn't see or do, heck I never even got my swimsuit on :( but hey no worries...I did the IFly so that makes up for not getting in a hot tub or pool.:D

I was rather disappointed they didn't have the themed parties like Gatsby etc but I did see Mamma Mia and that made up for there not being the themed parties.

Hope you have a wonderful time on the 11/23 Inaugural. :D

Liz, this thread was started Lunch on Embarkation Day and I thought you might be able to help.

I'm also curious to know where lunch would be available after boarding. Thanks a bunch.

Sorry I didnt have time for lunch on boarding day.

I was one of the guests who was in the terminal for nearly 3 hours so once I got on the ship I went straight to my cabin,took off my shoes for 5 minutes then it was time for me to get to the Bionic Bar for the roll call members to pick up their pins and lanyards.

After that it was time to go to Two70 to meet up with the Pink Boa Society ladies and deliver more pins etc so by the time I had finished that it was nearly time for dinner.

By the way everyone just incase you missed this bit of info, you do not get your sea pass card when you check in. You use your set sail pass to board the ship.

When you go to your cabin you will find your sea pass in a sealed envelope outside your cabin door. You will probably find only one sea pass in that envelope, the other sea pass will be in your cabin on the bed probably with the Wow bands.

Liz, this thread was started Lunch on Embarkation Day and I thought you might be able to help.

I'm also curious to know where lunch would be available after boarding. Thanks a bunch.

What Liz said was correct WJ, Cafe 270 Cafe, Promenade, P's and Suites might have the CK. ;) Also things might change from what RCL learned from our trip. If Royal is listening a lot of things will change. Check-in process will be the first to change. :D The continuing problem with RCL is they don't follow up they take you 1/2 or 3/4 way and let you loose. I saw no difference in the GRANDE and MDR on formal night. Can't comment on the Chef's table.

Hi Joan, I hope one day we will sail together. I am sad I had to cancel the 11/23 Inaugural but you have a lot of fabulous people on your roll call and them along with the stunning Quantum I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

I knew there would be glitches and honestly I didn't expect so many but they didn't take away the beauty from the ship.

There was a lot I didn't see or do, heck I never even got my swimsuit on but hey no worries...I did the IFly so that makes up for not getting in a hot tub or pool.

I was rather disappointed they didn't have the themed parties like Gatsby etc but I did see Mamma Mia and that made up for there not being the themed parties.

Hope you have a wonderful time on the 11/23 Inaugural.

You're way too kind, I think you give too much credit for the things that did not happen. :o The only thing NEW about the cruise was the SHIP. ;) I didn't have a waiter for my room steward or a loyalty ambassador serving me in the Cafe 270. What disappointed me was the "responses" from the people we were looking for answers. The simple task of asking for Honey on the 3rd day we don't have any on board :eek: next person we're all out :rolleyes: final answer They were not logged in when they came aboard so nobody knew we had honey. :o Plus a lot more such as the Balcony Door, Room temperature, Diamond + Amenities, which is a work in progress as I speak. Once they had this big hole anything that happened was just pushed into this "deep abyss". These things really happened we too adjusted our days ;) to make the best of it.

Mike

There was a lot I didn't see or do, heck I never even got my swimsuit on :( but hey no worries...I did the IFly so that makes up for not getting in a hot tub or pool.:D

Hope you have a wonderful time on the 11/23 Inaugural. :D

For the Ifly what kind of shoes did you wear? Wondering if I need to bring sneakers.