Questions about Royal Caribbean to Bahamas

Hello everyone! I am planning my first cruise, for my honeymoon next year. We really like the Royal Caribbean 4 night cruise to the Bahamas, on the Majesty of the seas, from May 11-15 2015. I have been doing tons of research. So far I have most of my questions answered, thanks to all of you!! I do have a few more questions before I decide to book it for sure. (I am very particular, and have to know everything!) If you guys could help me, with one, a few, or all, I would greatly appreciate it. :cool:

1) What is the earliest we could board the ship?

2) Should we do the timed dining? What are the benefits?

3) The specialty restaurants have a "cover charge". Does that cover the entire meal, or is the food a separate charge as well?

4) Is there any food available, or diner open after midnight? (besides the extra charge for room service)

5) Is there any area on the boat that is "adults only"?

6) Has anyone gone on the snorkeling excursion? Was it worth the money?

Hello everyone! I am planning my first cruise, for my honeymoon next year. We really like the Royal Caribbean 4 night cruise to the Bahamas, on the Majesty of the seas, from May 11-15 2015. I have been doing tons of research. So far I have most of my questions answered, thanks to all of you!! I do have a few more questions before I decide to book it for sure. (I am very particular, and have to know everything!) If you guys could help me, with one, a few, or all, I would greatly appreciate it. :cool:

1) What is the earliest we could board the ship?

2) Should we do the timed dining? What are the benefits?

3) The specialty restaurants have a "cover charge". Does that cover the entire meal, or is the food a separate charge as well?

4) Is there any food available, or diner open after midnight? (besides the extra charge for room service)

5) Is there any area on the boat that is "adults only"?

6) Has anyone gone on the snorkeling excursion? Was it worth the money?

Usually can board from 11 or thereabouts

Cover charge on specialty restaurants covers everything except alcohol

My time dining is good to do your own thing but meeting different people each night. If you do traditional then you meet and get to know the people on your table. Some are nice some not. Luck of draw

Snorkelling is worth it if you like to snorkel

There is an adults only pool area

Food after

Midnight is very limited

Usually late night snacks till about one am but depends on the night then is just the cover charge for room service after that

My

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would choose Open Seating where you can go to the dining room when you are ready to have dinner.

Remember that you will be docked at Kings Wharf and if you have set dining, then you have to make certain that you are back in time for dinner.

Kings Wharf is in Bermuda, not Bahamas.

If you have set dining and don't get back in time for dinner you can always eat at the buffet. Just make sure you are back on the ship in time or they will leave without you.

I believe the only "specialty restaurant" on Majesty is Johnny Rockets. There is a cover charge (I think it's $4.95 or $5.95 now) that includes all you can eat, but beverages are extra. You can get late night snacks at Sorrento's, but the $3.95 room service charge between midnight and 5 a.m. includes the tip which you'd be paying anyway, so nothing to worry about.

Majesty of the Seas does not have an Adults only Solarium as the other ships do. If that is important to you, then I would recommend that you look at Enchantment of the Seas from Port Canaveral which runs similar itineraries.

This is the oldest and smallest ship in the RCI fleet, it is considered a budget cruise by RCI standards. Any cruise of less than 5 days would be considered a party cruise filled with young adults. For a honeymoon cruise this would be party central. I read this awhile back..

Majesty of the Seas Fellow Passengers

The three- and four-day market is a magnet for younger cruisers, first-timers, those on a budget or people who just want to get away for a few days. There is a large Spanish-speaking population onboard, along with a number of international passengers; a whopping 56 nationalities were represented among the passengers on our sailing.

Happy honeymoon and happy cruising..

Wow thank you everybody for your responses. I will definitely check out the other boards as well. One more question, for Johnny Rockets, if I were to get the drink pass, the premium one, would I still have to pay extra for the soda?

I don't know about the drink pass but JR is a burger joint so I would not consider it really a "specialty" restaurant. The Majesty doesn't have one but check out Enchantment out of Port Canaveral as it is comparable in price and has Chops Grille as a specialty restaurant. And it has a sailing on May 11.

Boarding usually begins about 11am so you can be on the ship in time for lunch. However cabins will not be ready til 1-2pm.

Snorkeling is fun as long as you like being in the water. I love it!

Do check out the Royal Caribbean board and also the ports of call boards for more info.

Also I recommend arriving at the city you are sailing from at least 1 day in advance.

Edited by Marie51