NCL turnover

Jancruz

Today is the day that NCL is taking over Oceania and Regent

Jancruz1

How do you feel about this? We're taking our next Oceania cruise on the 29th and hope it's not our last one. On the other hand, a close friend has had some great cruises on NCL and she's cruised on many lines.

Joan

It is a fine product, for people who are looking for that type of a cruise.

You talked about it yourself in another thread. A generation ago, Passengers would book, first class, cabin class or tourist class on the class divided Queen Elizabeth of 1940

841d6ad4184a0ca8cb66bfa66e8ab902.jpg

Today, people choose the ship dependent on their economic circumstances:

Oceania-Search-Logo.jpg

holland-america.jpg

Norwegian-Cruise-Line.jpg

Edited by StanandJim

The personnel changes have begun... at VP levels at O and NCL, so far.

Are their head offices both in Miami? Will they become one? Like to know how many of the O people will remain. Will give us a good idea of the future. Hoping for the best. :):)

SVP of Sales (America) at NCL is out... two VPs at Oceania out. (one may be replaced)

Not much to panic about... consolidation at the back office is to be expected.

Do you know which VP's? (you don't have to post names, if you know their titles -- like V.P. of ________ - that would help).

How do you feel about this? We're taking our next Oceania cruise on the 29th and hope it's not our last one. On the other hand, a close friend has had some great cruises on NCL and she's cruised on many lines.

Joan

Im taking a wait and see attitude..some of my good friends are leaving which makes me sad..but many good people are staying so I think we will see by next year what the story is..

Jancruz1

SVP of Sales (America) at NCL is out... two VPs at Oceania out. (one may be replaced)

Not much to panic about... consolidation at the back office is to be expected.

The people that are out wanted to retire, no one was forced out..actually so far 3 vps are leaving and SVP of Sales has been replaced already and the SVP of sales at NCL has been replaced with an excellent person Ive know for years..the important thing lots of important staff are staying

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

The people that are out wanted to retire, no one was forced out..actually so far 3 vps are leaving and SVP of Sales has been replaced already and the SVP of sales at NCL has been replaced with an excellent person Ive know for years..the important thing lots of important staff are staying

Jancruz1

Who replaced Camille?

But in the past have had about 6 (not exactly sure) Norwegian cruises. We always have a suite and I must say, we have ALWAYS been treated well. Please, let us give it a chance. Some of the old timers in the office might want to retire, but let us give it a chance. Last Christmas when we were on Oceania we walked, and walked and walked to be at the cruise terminal, but all of Norwegian had a shuttle. Let us hope that they provide shuttles to Oceania.

But in the past have had about 6 (not exactly sure) Norwegian cruises. We always have a suite and I must say, we have ALWAYS been treated well. Please, let us give it a chance. Some of the old timers in the office might want to retire, but let us give it a chance. Last Christmas when we were on Oceania we walked, and walked and walked to be at the cruise terminal, but all of Norwegian had a shuttle. Let us hope that they provide shuttles to Oceania.

I am really looking forward to my NCL cruise, I have 21 days booked next October but if I have time will take a short cruise this spring..

Jancruz1

It is always REALLY GOOD in a suite. I hope you have a suite, Jancruz. We did like 20 days in the Med and Turkey and around there.... wonderful. They treated my husband really well. He is too tall to talk about. Good seats on the bus...thank heavens. Also they had someone come on to clear what you bought and you wanted a VAT refund on. Soooo good. And...last year when we were in Barbados on Oceania we WALKED SIMPLY MILES up to the cruise terminal while NCL passengers had a shuttle. I know some people took the NCL shuttle back, but we don't do that...we walked, and walked, and walked. Maybe Oceania will take a lesson from this...or maybe NCL will help pay! After all is said, we paid a lot less on our NCL cruise than we did on Oceania...do on Oceania...5 cruises next year!

We sailed on the Jade to the Greek Isles last year... been on her several times.

Can you tell me a little about your favorite things on Jade..I do like to be surprised when I cruise on a new line but always nice to know someone has really enjoyed it..

Jancruz1

I do understand that people have different requirements when they cruise. Some people love the atmosphere on NCL with children, families, etc. They also enjoy what a large ship has to offer. For us, we want a small(ish) ship, all-inclusive, everyone treated the same, excellent service and food. This is not offered on NCL and is offered on Oceania when you pay for it in advance (meaning paying for the premium alcohol package, internet, etc). While we stay in top suites, it bothers us that we are treated differently than other passengers. We are used to luxury cruise lines which is similar (in a way) to an all business class airline. No one cares how much you paid, you are treated as equals (as we all are as human beings).

NCL does not appeal to us but it is possible that they are smart enough to leave two very successful cruise lines alone. If they try to make changes -- particularly in the first couple of years, they will lose valuable customers. In that case, the investors would not be happy and they may be looking for a new CEO (I nominate FDR):)