Barcelona Pre-Book Taxi Ship to Airport

zjc

Hello

Does anyone know of any taxi companies in Barcelona that offer a prebookable service from the ship to the airport on the day of disembarkation?

I know there's an issue here with it being disembarking day and us not knowing what time we will be off but on my sailing we are in Barcelona the night before we disembark so I'm hoping to sneak off around 7am as I have an early flight home.

Just wanting advice on pre booking a transfer?

Thanks

Zjc

There is no need to pre-book a taxi in Barcelona. Each cruise terminal has a fully functioning taxi-rank, with hundreds of taxis waiting to be called in to each terminal at a pace of around 20 at a time.

While a line will build it moves quickly, it is much easier if you are planning to disembark so early.

Is it possible to get a taxi as early as 6:ooam on the day of disembarkment, which will be a Saturday in May? We are also on a ship that will be docked overnite in Barcelona. We are trying to make a 8:45am flight.

I would imagine that the taxi rank will be functioning throughout the night.

Your ship will most likely advise the port of expected passenger movements. When arriving at 4 am in Barcelona there is usually a sea of little green lights from the taxis waiting to be called to the taxi ranks.

The fare will be a little higher at that hour, but not too bad. 35 euro should be the maximum cost to the airport depending on terminal.

Barcelona is a 24 hour city and you will find that some passengers or crew just might be returning to the ship at that hour as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We found the disembarking process in Barcelona a walk in the park. We got off RCCL and they had this process down to a science. We got off the ship, picked up our luggage, and out the door in less than 15 mins, and there were 9 of us.

We booked a transfer thru BCN Travel and that went seamlessly. The driver was prompt and service was as good as you can ask for. By the way, we noticed a long line for cabs so that was one less worry for us.

We used BCN Travel 2 weeks ago, 48 euros for 4 people, prompt & roomy. (They sent a van).

ROOTHY123

So glad to read this post as I have booked transportation with this company a couple of days ago. (Early flight back to the States so we are under a tight time constraint and it is imperative that we get to the airport ASAP at disembarkation). Did you confirm your reservation with them at any time? After reading the last post I am now concerned.

Was just reading some reviews of BCN travel - and they sounds pretty sketchy to me!!!

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g187497-d2352727-Reviews-BCN_Travel_Tours_Barcelona-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

There are 105 ratings. Of these 83 (79%) rated 'Excellent' or 'Very Good'. Also looking at the comments rating 'Terrible' they appear to be mainly about the shuttle not a private transfer. I think these people may have misunderstood how the shuttle works. You are not met by a driver but have to go to the shuttle stop. If you want to me met, make sure you have booked a private transfer and not a shared shuttle.

I have used BCN travel for all my transfers for several years and have never experienced a problem.

There are 105 ratings. Of these 83 (79%) rated 'Excellent' or 'Very Good'. Also looking at the comments rating 'Terrible' they appear to be mainly about the shuttle not a private transfer. I think these people may have misunderstood how the shuttle works. You are not met by a driver but have to go to the shuttle stop. If you want to me met, make sure you have booked a private transfer and not a shared shuttle.

I have used BCN travel for all my transfers for several years and have never experienced a problem.

That's good to know. I've only used them once, but they were absolutely fine!

Concerning BCN, we used them for a last-minute booking (see my other post for the long story) and were pleased. I did chat online with a representative who fielded all of my questions and stayed online with me while I made the booking.

I booked a shared semi-private shuttle from the port to the airport, but in my case was told to wait outside of the customs area instead of a particular pick up area for shuttles (YMMV). They sent a taxi for just the 2 of us. We were pleased, but I would encourage passengers with concerns to use the chat option or skype them with your questions.

Edited by syesmar

Was just reading some reviews of BCN travel - and they sounds pretty sketchy to me!!!

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g187497-d2352727-Reviews-BCN_Travel_Tours_Barcelona-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

We (and other family members on different trips too) have used BCN Travel about 8 times and never had any problem. The last time was may this year from the port to the airport. We had booked them for 08.30 am but disembarkation went so fast that we were outside around 08.15 a.m. and our driver was waiting outside. We had booked shared transportation for € 28 for two persons. We have also used them from the airport to the hotel or from the airport directly to the cruise port. Service was always very good and they were prompt.

• 3 weeks later...

We just came back from our cruise and disembarked in Barcelona after an overnight stay. We left between 6:30am and 7am and there were no taxis waiting. You need to have one lined up if you are walking off the ship for early disembarkment. We used BCN Travel for 28 euros for 2 people. The driver was right on time. Very easy. We would have been stranded to get to the airport if we had not scheduled this ahead of time.

We just came back from our cruise and disembarked in Barcelona after an overnight stay. We left between 6:30am and 7am and there were no taxis waiting. You need to have one lined up if you are walking off the ship for early disembarkment. We used BCN Travel for 28 euros for 2 people. The driver was right on time. Very easy. We would have been stranded to get to the airport if we had not scheduled this ahead of time.

What time do I tell BCN Travel as I don't know what time I will be leaving the ship?

Thanks

ZJC

I was intrigued by your post for 2 reasons. I have sailed out of BCN many times and have always seen 100s of little green lights of the taxis waiting for the ships to start disembarkation as we are sailing in.

But then, with recent pricing changes, the 28 euro you mention is now cheaper than what a taxi costs at that early hour.

As I usually travel solo, I will stick with a taxi, but I can understand why others book that shared semi-private transfer if they discount for multiple passengers if one is 2 or more, especially if they are now considered dependable.

1 person: 24 € 6 persons: 56 €

2 persons: 28 € 7 persons: 63 €

3 persons: 35 € 8 persons: 70 €

4 persons: 42 € 9 persons: 77 €

5 persons: 49 € 10 persons: 84 €

Thanks for the advice the ship is overnight in Barcelona anyway so we will already be docked.

We sailed on HAL and were overnight. You were allowed to walk off the ship anytime up until 7am with your luggage. After that you were assigned times to go off based on your travel situation. We planned to walk off because of our early 9:30am flight. I imagine there would have been plenty of taxis at the 7am time but when we got off at 6:25am we were the first people off the ship along with another couple. They grabbed the only available taxi. We had our taxi prearranged to pick us up at 6:30am. While we stood there for 5 min. there were no taxis. It was deserted except for a ship bus. If you are not getting off early then don't worry about a taxi.