Best time for Greek islands cruise

maggieq

Mid-May is great with the smoothest seas (through June). Sometimes in late August and September you can miss a stop due to the meltemi winds, as we did on our first cruise when we missed our morning in Delos and afternoon in Mykonos. The following early June the sea was smooth as glass.

Mid-May is great with the smoothest seas (through June). Sometimes in late August and September you can miss a stop due to the meltemi winds, as we did on our first cruise when we missed our morning in Delos and afternoon in Mykonos. The following early June the sea was smooth as glass.

I believe this is a one time experience but not a standard for this area.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums

Just returned from The Reflection and the Greek Islands! The weather was fantastic and the seas so calm!!! It was the calmest waters I have ever seen. Coming out of Mykonos it was a lake and a few dolhpins breaking the water off the starboard side. Only time we have cruised the Mediterranian but September seems to be the best, 82-86 everyday with Mykonos a little humid.

Have a great cruise, I hope the memories are as good as we have brought back! :)

We went in mid to late May. The weather was warm and sunny. It was not yet "hot". Actually in Croatia it was mild (maybe mid-60's). In the other Italy and Greece ports it was in the upper 70's. It was a great time of year. There were hardly any kids and not heavy crowds.