Layout of Great Stirrup Cay

sacko20

We have rented a Large Cabana for the day at Great Stirrup Cay and was curious if anyone could give us an idea of where they are located on the island and how to get to them once we arrive. We have never done anything like this on our cruises, but I thought it would be a nice gift to my mother and family.

Any feedback you can offer?

we were just at GSC last weekend. It's beautiful. The cabanas were to the left as you get off the tender... the main "swimming" beach is sort of straight ahead and to the right, then along a path to the left are the cabanas and eventually the lagoon area. The cabanas are on a beach that you could swim in, but the main one had a much sandier bottom for swimming. The views and everything from the cabanas looked really nice, much nicer than I expected... for some reason I thought they were kind of far away from the water (from the descriptions I read here) but they really weren't.

Edited by rjm11

And, folks will be there to help you find what you need!

Absolutely! There is a shore excursion kiosk right after you get off of the tenders. I believe we had to get our wristbands there for the cabana and they directed us to the tram pick up point.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to walk to the lighthouse and to the old air strip? If so, in what direction would they be?

It think you are not allowed to walk to those areas anymore. We did it when we were there first time in 2009. We tried last year and was all off limits. We went last week but didn't It even tried.