Azamara Club Cruises Reveals Extensive Changes for its Two Ships

LauraS

I will be disappointed if the newly remodeled suites do not have a tub. it's not the only reason we choose to sail in a suite but it is definitely one of the main reasons. We have sailed in suites on several different lines and they always include a tub and usually two sinks. Love the bathrooms in a Princess suite which have a separate tub and shower. For the cost of a CC suite on Azamara, not having a tub is a big negative for us. Another huge reason to book a suite is space. I do not like a cluttered stateroom. I am very concerned about losing closet and drawer space in exchange for a more linear look. Our next cruise on Azamara is 16 days and we are looking at a B2B for 2017. A long cruise in a suite that does not have adequate storage would be a deal breaker. There definitely needs to be a mirror above the table. If I have to dry my hair in the bathroom that adds more juggling of time for DH and me in the bathroom as we are getting ready. We will not be booking the 2017 cruise until we have completed our Panama Canal cruise in March. Hoping these concerns are for naught.

My TA is looking into cabins that have tubs, I am in Europe now and very. Hotel had a bath and most with separate showers. I use both all the time here. I will it shower in rough seas but I might take a bath. As far as soaking in Norway or a long walk it becomes a must. I either need and aft suite or new cruis line.

I take the CC suite for mid ship and for tub. For the record I think the new sink area is awful.. Not enough counter space .. Just had hotel with those stupid sinks.. Water went flying as not deep enough abd hard to. Lean up too

My cruise is a few months after the refurbishment, but the last time I checked all the CC Suites were already taken. I wonder if we will be playing "fruit basket turnover" to switch around to the suites that have what we want.

If there will be suites with tubs I hope there will be a vertical grab bar at chest height for an adult. The existing tubs are very dangerous in which to shower in rough seas.

Was there a grab bar in the "newly imagined" showers? I don't recall seeing one.

I will be disappointed if the newly remodeled suites do not have a tub. it's not the only reason we choose to sail in a suite but it is definitely one of the main reasons. We have sailed in suites on several different lines and they always include a tub and usually two sinks. Love the bathrooms in a Princess suite which have a separate tub and shower. For the cost of a CC suite on Azamara, not having a tub is a big negative for us. Another huge reason to book a suite is space. I do not like a cluttered stateroom. I am very concerned about losing closet and drawer space in exchange for a more linear look. Our next cruise on Azamara is 16 days and we are looking at a B2B for 2017. A long cruise in a suite that does not have adequate storage would be a deal breaker. There definitely needs to be a mirror above the table. If I have to dry my hair in the bathroom that adds more juggling of time for DH and me in the bathroom as we are getting ready. We will not be booking the 2017 cruise until we have completed our Panama Canal cruise in March. Hoping these concerns are for naught.

AGREE 100%! Thanks!!!

Was there a grab bar in the "newly imagined" showers? I don't recall seeing one.

Sorry, but I don't remember. There certainly should be. The two hooks on the inside of the bathroom door should be changed to something with a less sharp edge. Hope Bonnie will pass that on to HQ.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who want to follow pictures of the updates, I have discovered if you do a Google image search with key words "azamara reimagined" it brings up pictures from various sites around the net, some of which include pictures certainly I haven't seen before and it seems more successful than going via just the Azamara website. I'm sure more will filter out as time goes on.

Phil

C'mon tub lovers, there are at least 8 of you that have posted on CC in favor of tubs, so vote for tub's in utog's poll!

I did before she left on her cruise i just refused to add my 25 cents as it is well know i want a tub and to be mid ship. i would do a large suit but not about to be in rough waters in one.. maybe for europe but not Norway

• 4 weeks later...

Poster minz56 pointed out that there is a new video on the Azamara website (it's hidden a bit within the latest promotion) that gives some new views of the updated ship. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HMKow8Wx8os?rel=0

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Poster minz56 pointed out that there is a new video on the Azamara website (it's hidden a bit within the latest promotion) that gives some new views of the updated ship. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HMKow8Wx8os?rel=0

Phil

Thanks to minz56 and to you for drawing attention to this.

First time I've seen a "rendering" of the Pool Grill.

Kibo! Really?

When I was in the Boy Scouts, the kybo (how can I put this delicately?) was where you went to do your business.

Not a name that is very enticing for a restaurant. I would suggest you may want to rethink that one.

John

pictures flew by too fast.. notice no picture of a bathroom but in a top suite. both the pool grill and looking Glass flew by my eyes.. still hate the furniture in cabin. no place to curl up on sofa.

On my computer I was able to hit pause to get a good look at the different locations.

pictures flew by too fast.. notice no picture of a bathroom but in a top suite. both the pool grill and looking Glass flew by my eyes.. still hate the furniture in cabin. no place to curl up on sofa.

Spa suite bathroom is in the video. Just pause the video on each picture.

There is a rumour on the Roll Call for my cruise (coming from someone who has recently been on Quest) that they are not going to go ahead with Kibo. You will notice that it does not form part of the video.

Personally, I am treating this rumour with caution until the full details are known, but it does seem to indicate that the largely negative feedback has been heard by HO.

There is a rumour on the Roll Call for my cruise (coming from someone who has recently been on Quest) that they are not going to go ahead with Kibo. You will notice that it does not form part of the video.

Personally, I am treating this rumour with caution until the full details are known, but it does seem to indicate that the largely negative feedback has been heard by HO.

I would love that menu but maybe in Prime C every few days