Is 3 Carnival Cruises in one year to much of the same thing?

This upcoming year I have the opportunity to go on 3 vacations (December, February and April). I plan on taking a Carnival cruise in December (already have airfare, but didn't book cruise yet). Right now I am thinking about Feb. & April...

I am wondering if 3 cruises in one year would be too much of the same thing? I have never taken more than 1 in a year before.

Would you recommend an all inclusive to change things up and if so, where?

Also my 40th Birthday will fall during my April vacation so I would like something memorable.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

This upcoming year I have the opportunity to go on 3 vacations (December, February and April). I plan on taking a Carnival cruise in December (already have airfare, but didn't book cruise yet). Right now I am thinking about Feb. & April...

I am wondering if 3 cruises in one year would be too much of the same thing? I have never taken more than 1 in a year before.

Also my 40th Birthday will fall during my April vacation so I would like something memorable.

I will let you know in Oct. I will be taking my third to the Med for 12 days

We took 3 cruises last year, and will be taking 3 this year. All on carnival, you can have variation on the same cruise line if that's what you want. You can't take to many cruises in a year.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

NA,,,I don't think so. I've done four already this year, have two more booked, and paid for, and will probably do a couple more somewhere along the line. GO FOR IT! There simply isn't a better vacation, get away, anywhere!

"SKY"

Let me first start by saying, this is my first year with 4 weeks of vacay! :p

After a long break between cruises 2/2000 - 12/2012 I will have taken 4 Carnival cruises in a 12 month period. I had totally forgotten how much I enjoyed cruising and I went in Dec. to introduce my 22yo daughter to cruising. (she never really got over the fact that I didn't take her with me in 2000 when she was 9!) ;)

At a family function, others interested in cruising and before you know it a family reunion cruise in August 2013 was organized. :)

Then came the triumph mishap and all of the negative PR that surrounded Carnival and they began giving cruises away. I was able grab a 5 day Canada/New England cruise, in an OV for $200! :eek: Well, I organize a major event at work every year mid May, so June would be the perfect get away and exhale and unwind vacation. ;)

Finally, friends have talked me into taking an 11 day cruise out of NY. (They really put a gun to my head!) This cruise is in OCt. and it happens to fall right around my B'day!

So, now you have my story as why I'm going on 4 Carnival Cruises within a 12 month period. Apparently, I've awakened a sleeping giant everyone I know now wants to cruise. Some will not cruise with Carnival, but I'm now planning

4 other cruises for family, friends and co-workers.

To answer your question NO 3 carnival cruises in 1 year are not too many!!

BON VOYAGE!! :D

I wouldn't do more than 2 cruises in a year, and I would prefer that the two cruises be on different lines to different destinations. If I can take three long trips in a year (which I can't for fear of losing my job), I would prefer at least one to be a more in-depth experience, not just staying for a few hours at a port.

Go for it!

I'm going to do the same thing.

Going with the husband in Nov., daughter in Jan., and I'm planning one with my stepdaughter for May.

I'll be going on 3 different ships but I wouldn't care if they were all on Elation. :)

We did 3 cruises each year for the last 2 years (2 "real" cruises and a third 4 and 5 day cruise). all but the last was on Carnival and it did get old by the last. We always eat in the MDR and the menus started to get old.

I'd still do it again though but I'd throw in another line if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know those who take more than that in a year - over and over again, so no, it must not be too much.

I took three cruises last year, and all on the same cruise line. They were all different. Did not get tired of it, and I love vacations. I could not get tired of my room being cleaned twice a day, meals and cleaning done for me, and total relaxation. Things to do were then when I wanted them.

Are you crazy? LOL

For us it will never get old !!!!

Have six under our belt for this year & just booked a five day on the Paradise for Sept. That one will make us nine left for this year.:eek: I think we can handle that.

Way to go Char! I'm proud of you!

Ken

"SKY"

You really should do something different than a cruise.

Especially if they are all Carnival.

Try the All-Inclusive or anything different.

I have never been to an all inclusive. Does anyone have recommendations? Is there enough to do at an all inclusive? I'm used to all the activities/shows on a cruise. I love keeping busy that's why I fell in love with cruising!!

I have never been to an all inclusive. Does anyone have recommendations? Is there enough to do at an all inclusive? I'm used to all the activities/shows on a cruise. I love keeping busy that's why I fell in love with cruising!!

I've been on two Carnival cruises since December (third will be in June) and one AI vacation. I enjoy cruises more but the AI was nice for a change of pace. I find AI vacations much more laid back but like yourself I like to keep busy and visit different places.

The reason I've done three Carnival cruises is because I prefer the 6 day itinerary and love the fact they stop in Key West!

We have taken 3 cruises in one year and didn't have any problems. If you are on a different ship each time you will have different shows (except the welcome aboard show), different comedians (probably) and different entertainment on the ship. Even if you go to the same ports of call you can do different excursions.

If you are on the same ship you will have the same exact shows, possibly the same comedians and the same entertainment. You could try doing opposite of what you did on the previous cruises to make things different.

All inclusives are nice too, but are usually a little more expensive than a cruise. Unless you drink a lot of liquor.

We are thinking of taking a back to back 8 day cruise next year (16 days) with the same itinerary. It's all about what you make of it. We enjoy being on the ship and just hanging out. We may or may not go into the ports. I personally don't think 3 is too many, but it's really what do you enjoy doing?

Archived