Celebrity issues with website, long hold times on the phone, issues with invoices

KLSweetland

Cap Club rep said she'd look into our excursion questions but never got back to me...

It would be helpful if Celebrity Official could give an update on what is being done to fix the website and manage res issues and time frame.

No reps seem to know anything about what is going on...or if they do know they are not sharing.

I did hear back from my e-mail to shore excursions folks yesterday....they gave me a precise answer to my excursions question, so maybe e-mail is a good way to go

also had a very positive experience booking a cruise yesterday...saw what we wanted on the website, the left a call back no. Got a call back within a half hour, had great service and they gave me a better AQ hump cabin than the one noted as "best available" on the website...

maybe they are turning things around with the website..,,

Edited by hcat

The site approaches dysfunction.

The phone wait is about par for reaching customer service at most companies these days.

The people at Celebrity are worth waiting for as I have found each to be exceptional and willing to do what they can to be helpful.

Edited by socaldave
spelling

I did hear back from my e-mail to shore excursions folks yesterday....they gave me a precise answer to my excursions question, so maybe e-mail is a good way to go

also had a very positive experience booking a cruise yesterday...saw what we wanted on the website, the left a call back no. Got a call back within a half hour, had great service and they gave me a better AQ hump cabin than the one noted as "best available" on the website...

maybe they are turning things around with the website..,,

Also heard back from Cap Club rep after she got same info from shore ex dept...at least they are getting better at responding...hope the website gets fixrd soon now that we are used to managing our res that way

Also heard back from Cap Club rep after she got same info from shore ex dept...at least they are getting better at responding...hope the website gets fixrd soon now that we are used to managing our res that way

Gosh no kidding. I can't believe a functional website is still on our wish list... insane

Gosh no kidding. I can't believe a functional website is still on our wish list... insane
Does anyone remember Tina Alexander, that Assoc. VP who requested our input about the website over a year ago?

I wonder if she is still with Celebrity after that huge fiasco.

I have called Captains Club 3 times since monday and it has been answered on the first ring. I never call the general customer service number. Use 800-760-0654

I am sailing for the first time in October....do you have to be a Captain's Club member to use this number if you have a cruise booked?

I also have been suffering with the web site demons. I booked and paid for 2 x 3 night dinner packages for my wife and I. I got a receipt from them for $170 (being 2 x $85) and all looked good in My Celebrity. Then after the recent intro of the new 'Calendar' format suddenly only my details were showing, my wife's booking AND receipt for $85 had dropped out. I waited a bit as had heard of people where their whole reservation had dropped out but cm's per back, so want too worried at first. But after 2 months it still hadn't re-appears. I was not too impressed with this magic show!! So I emailed Captains Club with a copy of my original emailed confirmation. I also asked a few other questions about not seeing all perks of 123Go Offer against my booking through the My Celebrity site. Well it took a week but finally got a reply...only to advise that all was in order and accounted for with my reservations and they will resend me a copy of the confirmation to show that. Oh and by the way you should contact normal reservations as we can't access your booking, and also if you have issues with the 123go offer I would need to change that directly with my travel agent??? I want asking to change anything just clarify why all elements if the package are not visible (drink pkgs doe all 4 of us are, 3/4th person internet pkg is not, 25 bonus captains club points are not?)

Well I received said copy of 3 dinner package confirmation and guess what? It only shows 1 payment of $85 for myself.....my wife's reservation or payment is no longer appearing on that either. So how is everything in order? And exactly why at this stage I'm getting a bit peeved as how can they even suggest this is being accountable? It's a financial record for goodness sakes that's just dropped out of their system. I have now emailed a much more detailed and long winded breakdown of issues to 'concerns at celebrity', but so far had no response.

I struggle to comprehend that they continue to avoid any admission of the issues with their system, their service staff seem unaware or ambivalent of the issues and frustrations it created for their clients. At end of the day it's only $85 I'm chasing but I've heard of instances where first time users have tried to make a booking online, it has failed right at the end payment stage and as a result they have given up and booked instead with another cruise line. They didn't get (or were given) The chance to discover the onboard experience is so so different to their online tool.

An extreme case maybe, but surely Celebrity would want to mitigate that scenario from even occurring. It saddens me that it seems management have priorities elsewhere or are just delusional as to the impact of having one of the worst functioning websites amongst its peers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan
typo

I am sailing for the first time in October....do you have to be a Captain's Club member to use this number if you have a cruise booked?
I don't think they would actually refuse to talk to anyone, since they have answered some questions for me without even asking who I am. I have always found them to be friendly and helpful.

But just tell them that you want to sign up to become a Preview member and presto!

You are a Captain's Club member.

That is a new category they started recently for people like you, to let them join the Captain's Club before they ever sail with Celebrity.

Have a great cruise!

Must admit I am appalled at the X web site! It is not a good advert for X at all and I am having misgivings !

I saw our excursion bookings ---once -- and cannot find them again. The driks package and OBC does not appear on our documentation (I only have an invoice from the TA and to my mind that is not the same as having it showing on X paperwork). I have contacted the TA who tells me that all will be well and its quite normal for such things not to appear on the X paperwork.

I would expect to be able to check on the web site but I am getting a message that the account is being worked upon or an Error page.

Its not good enough Celebrity and you will lose custom over it.

I would also expect a clear email address to be shown where issues could be addressed.

they are definitely having issues on teh UK website - it gives you a price for things in GBP, then when you select it to book it multiplies by the UK to USA exchange rate but then puts a £ sign on it

So an item we wanted that was £15.66 each, should have been £31.32 but the system multiplied the exchange rate and it should have been $52 but it came up £52 instead of £31.32.

The worst one was when we paid the balance this month, it was £1800 and it showed that amount but celebrity debited £3400 out of our account (they multipled by the exchange rate and took in £ after multiplying it) and it took a week to get it back - so we won't be booking anything online anymore

I don't think they would actually refuse to talk to anyone, since they have answered some questions for me without even asking who I am. I have always found them to be friendly and helpful.

But just tell them that you want to sign up to become a Preview member and presto!

That is a new category they started recently for people like you, to let them join the Captain's Club before they ever sail with Celebrity.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks Fleckle! And what a wonderful screen name!!!

I think you can join Captain's club before you cruise for the first time, you just won't have points. I can't remember what the 'status' is for that, Preview maybe? Anyway I'm pretty sure that's what I did before I cruised last December. I'd do that and then call. Or you could just call, I doubt they will refuse to help you if you somehow got the number.

Many have complained about inability to make reservations or get information from the pitiful Celebrity website. Tonight I reached a new low: could not get the website to load with any of 3 different browsers.

Is this a typical problem or just a fluke?:cool:

Many have complained about inability to make reservations or get information from the pitiful Celebrity website. Tonight I reached a new low: could not get the website to load with any of 3 different browsers.

Is this a typical problem or just a fluke?:cool:

I sometimes find if I clear my cache file, the site works better. I know it's frustrating to have to do that.

BTW, your screen name caught my attention. I live in Arlington, VA but have a house in KDH. I am returning there next week for two weeks. I was there over the 4th when Arthur hit. Love OBX.

Coincidences: I worked in Arlington near the Ballston Metro for many years before retiring and moving here to Southern Shores. We never cruised before our first in 2006 and now up to about 17-19 (wife went on 2 cruises with relatives that I did not). Celebrity has become our favorite with RCL in close second

Your suggestion to clear the cache is a good idea..........that sort of issue is why I tried different browsers that have different caches.........After trying several more times with Firefox I finally got on the site only to find out that I cannot get my luggage tags yet because it is 51 days until our cruise and you must wait until 49 days or less.

At least I was able to get on the site and it did work well after I did.

Have a great cruise!

I guess you have to call them...I can't find anything about being a preview member on line!

HLR

I paid the balance for our October cruise today, in full, on line

The next screen thanked me for my payment, and showed a balance of £400 more than I'd just paid!

I recognise that my card payment may not have cleared instantly, but why then confuse people by giving a balance?

As for the £400 extra, that was itemised as "Air Transportation" (in addition to a Choice Air entry for the actual cost of flights.) After 25 minutes hanging on the phone (using a geographic number, not their 0844), a kind lady tells me that the technical people are aware, claim it's triggered by a later entry of passport details, and will be cleared by the end of the day.

If adding passport details really does trigger a semi-random addition to a bill, then someone is not doing their job.

Stuart

I can't register my reservation, so I can't book dining or excursions. Instead, I've booked private excursions and we'll spend our money there. It's a shame that a company that's known for such great service has such a shoddy IT..