Barcelona Debarkation and Flight Time

Please advise if possible- if I self assist debark at earliest possible moment- can I make an 11:45 am or 10:35 am flight? I hate to ask but all other options for me involve 2 layovers as opposed to 1...do not want to be in a panic that morning but would love to catch the morning flight out

Please advise if possible- if I self assist debark at earliest possible moment- can I make an 11:45 am or 10:35 am flight? I hate to ask but all other options for me involve 2 layovers as opposed to 1...do not want to be in a panic that morning but would love to catch the morning flight out

Use this link to find out the recommended departure times. What is the latest arrival time to reserve a flight before the cruise, or the earliest departure time to reserve a flight after the cruise in order to make port/airport connections on time?

I cruised last year but I remember them having specific debarkation groups for those with early flights out of BCN, so I believe as long as you go in the group for your flight you should be fine.

Someone who has cruised more recently or has experience with your situation might be able to add some more information.

Barcelona to airport is usually pretty good time wise, lots of Taxis just out of hall, but time of drive depends on the day you leave the ship.

Based on our experience last year you would be able to make both flights with regular debarkation. Barcelona is a great terminal.

Would I book the 10:35, probably not. Just because it worked for me on an 11:20 flight. Too many things could go wrong for a 10:35.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are just off Serenade and the Express Deparature (carry own luggage) was 7.00 and the departure was 8.40 - which was us and we had a 12.20 flight and were there in plenty of time. We used Rccl transfer to airport at $31.50 per person

Wonder how they'll handle disembarking from Oasis.

Terminals B and C will both be used for the Oasis/Allure disembarkation.

Confirmed in the RCI and Port of Barcelona joint press conference when the Allure 2015 season was announced.

http://content.portdebarcelona.cat/cntmng/d/d/workspace/SpacesStore/77e94a4b-b9dc-4317-ada7-fe7d17b5a836/140213_NOTA_Allure_EN.pdf

I disembarked Liberty on the 18th of May, which was the busiest of this season without incident. This was the only time I had to wait for the second port bus, but they had an agent with remote payment system going down the line selling tickets prior to bus arrival and then she was at bus door collecting the tickets for rapid departure of the full bus.

Was amazing to watch all this activity from the ship. I self disembarked when they called the last notice by 09:20 on that Sunday morning and easily made my way to the airport.

We've flown 3 times out of Barcelona and able to make the 10:30am flight each time, with plenty to spare. RCL will advise when you can get off based on your flight time. The airport is only 15-20 minutes from the terminal.

We were on Carnival Magic but did self assist and was off the ship at 6:30am. We shared a cab with another couple and got to the airport by 7am. There was a line of cabs waiting at the port so no worries. When we got to BCN we had to wait for our airline counter to open up.

Hi. My husband and I were on the Serenade of the Seas last month and arrived in Barcelona at around 6 a.m. and the ship was cleared by 6.30 a.m. and we were one of the first groups to disembark. Straight off the ship to collect our luggage - really quick and efficient and then to a waiting taxi. At that time of the morning (it was a Saturday) there was no virtually no traffic about and a quick comfortable drive to our destination. You shouldn't have a problem!

We had an 11:00 flight several years ago. We did self debarkation. We had a leisurely breakfast and I remember we went to the meeting area and sitting and waiting for them to call self disembarkation and someone came by and said to just go, others had already left. I am guessing we left the ship at about 8:00, walked right off, took a taxi to the airport (20 minutes), and we were at the counter before 9:00 waiting for check-in to open. Please note, we were on a U.S. airline and I understand there is a lot less confusion for US airlines and shorter lines than the terminal area for European airlines. It was a large terminal with a lot of walking to get to the gate, but the signs were also in English and we had no trouble following them.

We were on the Serenade last Nov when it arrived at Barcelona. We were in group #7 (no way we could self-disembark with our luggage). We were off the ship and had our luggage by 7:20a. We were at the airport in no time, and even though our taxi driver took us to the wrong terminal, we we still at the check-in counter for Alitalia by 8:10a. Funny thing is, the staff at the counter absolutely refused to take care of anyone in line until they "opened" at exactly 8:30a. It was actually hysterical watching the staff watch the clock. We were through security quickly, had time for a coffee at McDonalds... heck, we even had time to walk through the shops and we still had plenty of time before our 11:25a flight to Rome. All in all, an extremely easy disembarkation and trip to the airport.

Melissa

Royal Caribbean states on their Choice Air site, that when making return air flights from Barcelona, that flights from 10-AM forward can be booked without any issues. Obviously, if something unforeseen happened, that 10-AM time could be an issue, but so would most times through noon or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app