Virtually live from m/s Noordam

CDRMark

Sigh...I'll start over-let's all agree that shipboard internet is unreliable, and just leave it at that.

Our tenth anniversary of cruising-first one was also with HAL and also for an important DW b'day. She has been hinting about an ABC island cruise and I found one. Go me.

Noordam is very nice; I see whay she has admirers. Our only other Vista experience was the Westerdam, and she is too IKEA for our taste. Noordam seems classier.

Left FLL right on time. Drew the short straw and got the lifeboat with the guy who could do it better, loudly.

Lovely cabin; steward introduced himself (Slam), asked if we had requests (Ice please!) and explained the cabin quirks. (Drapes open by button, NOT hand. Don't think we broke anything. :) )

First night dinner seemed better organized than it sometimes is. 6-top @8PM (we can dine together any time; we cruise to meet people.)

One couple was absent, but came by before we left to introduce themselves. Classy ("It's not you it's us!") They had a Pinnacle departure nite dinner. Another wonderful table of nice people. The streak continues.

Food very good. No complaints In fact the roast beef was super.

Currently sitting @HMC

Tendering suspended for a while due to weather. Thought some people might have to take up residence, but front passed and tendering resumed. (Darn?)

While DWs b'day takes precedence, I'll try to post daily.

Any questions will be entertained, of course.

Cheers

Mark B

We are thankful to be able to cruise.

Ship had balloons on our cabin door for DW birthday, and cake with song at dinner. Very sweet.

Grand Turk yesterday. Shared a Margaritaville cabana. Relaxing. Cheeseburger in Paradise delicious, prices as one would expect.

Anchored at Samana Dominican Republic. Tenders deployed. Clocks advanced one hour last night. Check!

We enjoyed Canaletto last evening with our entire table. Very nice food. I recommend it for any Italo-philes.

Pinnacle tonight courtesy of our TA. Another nice treat.

BB King band is outstanding. If you are a fan of the music, I recommend taking them in.

Cheers y'all!

Mark

Port side to-windy day!

Bonaire was interesting-pretty low key, but KK is right Hot and Humid in the ABCs, as usual.

DW is swimming with the dolphins today, and we are in port until 10PM, so I was looking for somewhere in town for dinner, but it's Sunday. Many restaurants closed. Bummer.

Dinner at the Pinnacle the other night. What is there to say-service and food outstanding.

Caught the last few minutes of the comedian act last night-hilarious story about him sneaking a goat onboard for formal night 30+ years ago (goat had a bow tie, so it was OK).

Note on the "new" menu format: so what? The food is great and what does it matter if the Caesar salad is listed in a different place? Onion soup, Caesar salad, steak, and chicken (the standard "usuals") are still there.

The quail was great. Onion soup "Les Halles" very good (Not too salty, often an onion soup problem).

Aruba tomorrow then two sea days 'til FLL.

DW says thanks to all the well-wishers!

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Well this was not up to my usual standards. Sorry, but I warned that DW was priority.

Returned to FLL on time 12/4 (no surprise there I guess.) Took a ship transfer to the airport via SawGrass Mill mall....more to eat up time than anything. Interesting mall if you enjoy shopping therapy.

Both DW and I caught a bug somewhere along the line and arrived home ill. Nearly recuperated and intend to post a more complete review of the cruise soon.

Bottom line= loved it. Great ship; super crew. Itinerary more suited to a beach/warm weather lover (or diver) but not too bad. Four new ports for us so that was nice, and DW LOVED it , so win win.

:)

Came back with internet minutes left over- a first.

Food was great across the board. New menu layout is fine. Not worth commenting on. Details later.

Thanks for putting up with my peripatetic musings.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by CDRMark