Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

I put my cent on 11 days Eastern Med and 11 days Canaries from Genova and Civitavecchia as they did with MSC Divina when she was new. Another option is that they will introduce her in the Brazilian market.

I wonder if your first option will be the case; the Canaries route wouldn't be very attractive for me but if she were to alternate with the East Med to Israel route I'd think about that. I never thought of her going to Brazil. That could be an interesting prospect. Or maybe to Argentina? I'd give that one serious consideration :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I will admit the Divina was not great for me and I questioned whether I would return to MSC. But ship design being my passion has resulted in me booking this ship on Sept 8, 2017 out of Barcelona.

During the booking process I was surprised to learn there are single inside cabins in the yacht club...so I booked one on a guarantee. The MSC web site which lists the cabin categories makes no mention of these singles.....so I am now wondering if they will also be designed into the Seaside. My plan is to sail the Meraviglia in Sept 2017 and then sail the Seaside on her first sailing out of Florida...so much for not returning to MSC.

Discovered this sailing by accident after DH and I discussed visiting Cinque Terra. Got me wondering which cruises were in the area we could link with before or after. Searched by ports in Italy. And found this fabulous new ship we could board in Genoa. So, I booked a YC inside guarantee cabin this morning for a sweet price with a discount for being a former government employee!

The agent also said if I am lucky, might get an upgrade offer. Said mine was his first Meraviglia booking for that date. . .WOW. Had to learn about all the "experience" options; the YC option sounded amazing. For a deposit of $200 I am one happy camper.

This will be our first MSC cruise. Booked for Oct 22.

Now we will just wait for ship to be listed on the ROLLCALL options to see what other nutcases have booked more than two years out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Discovered this sailing by accident after DH and I discussed visiting Cinque Terra. Got me wondering which cruises were in the area we could link with before or after. Searched by ports in Italy. And found this fabulous new ship we could board in Genoa. So, I booked a YC inside guarantee cabin this morning for a sweet price with a discount for being a former government employee!

The agent also said if I am lucky, might get an upgrade offer. Said mine was his first Meraviglia booking for that date. . .WOW. Had to learn about all the "experience" options; the YC option sounded amazing. For a deposit of $200 I am one happy camper.

This will be our first MSC cruise. Booked for Oct 22.

Now we will just wait for ship to be listed on the ROLLCALL options to see what other nutcases have booked more than two years out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've booked the Meraviglia's inaugural sailing it was the very first YC booking for that ship :D

There are a few bookings two years out. A lot of them were likely to have been made by those at Black level with the MSC loyalty scheme before their 20% discount was done away with.

I imagine it'll be far too early to start a roll call. You'll also find there won't be many on it - that's the nature of MSC roll callls. There are generally more non-English than English speakers onboard MSC ships which is why this forum isn't as active as others.

Have they indicated when they'll announce deck plans?

I want to book...but I'm too much of a control freak to book without a cabin assignment.:o

I also hope they switch out their Tunisia port for Malta. I also haven't completely decided if I want to do the Seaside first since they're "sister" ships. I would save a bundle on airfare...but of course it's not Europe.

I'll be taking my first European sailing next year and since I'll be traveling with my young DD, it will be a good test to see how she likes Europe.

Have they indicated when they'll announce deck plans?

I want to book...but I'm too much of a control freak to book without a cabin assignment.:o

I also hope they switch out their Tunisia port for Malta. I also haven't completely decided if I want to do the Seaside first since they're "sister" ships. I would save a bundle on airfare...but of course it's not Europe.

I'll be taking my first European sailing next year and since I'll be traveling with my young DD, it will be a good test to see how she likes Europe.

The Meraviglia and the Seaside aren't 'sister' ships - one is 'Vista' class and the other is 'Seaside' class.

It's too far out for MSC to make a decision regarding Tunis. If it's deemed safe to visit, it will be on the itinerary as it's needed to allow for Duty Free to be sold onboard (to EU citizens, anyway, who would be the majority onboard in the Med).

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a yatch club inside cabin for october 2017. It is tiny with 16m but the price was too good to pass....do u think there will be some sort of hierarchy of services or all yach club guests will be treated the same? Any thoughts?

Edited by Bra_BE2014

I too am wondering if having a single outside will result in a different level of customer service. I cant see it happening, but then this is a new cabin category for MSC. If I read that there is a difference, I will either change to a non YC cabin (balcony) or cancel the booking.

If I eventually book the Seaside, I am going to book a regular balcony cabin to avoid potential issues.

I must admit the advantage of a YC cabin for boarding purposes in a European port is a big plus, hopefully making it a smoother boarding.

As I will be boarding the Meraviglia in Barcelona......I have never boarded a ship that has multiple embarkation ports; what time do they board? I am curious as to how embarkation works when there are passengers getting on and off the ship for shore excursions. Do they just use a separate gangway? Does embarkation go very slow because of security having to deal with new passengers and intransit passenger?

This cruise is still a long way off.......so many questions:cool:

I contacted my TA yesterday and was quoted €659 for Bella Inside, €1109 for Fantastica Balcony and a little over €2200 (didn't catch exact price) for YC1. These are on Early Booking Rate which means qualifying for OBC from a €10 voucher redemption. The embark/disembark ports aren't easily accessible from Ireland so it's out for me. Hope they find and sort the teething problems on this one, though, as I'm on the inaugural following it!

Thanks Norwegian Cruiser 73. I had no idea that the inaugural sailing was no longer 11th June. I have spent the last 40 minutes holding on/speaking with MSC UK Customer Services. I am now on the 4th June departure. Thanks goodness for Cruise Critic and on-the-ball members!!

Thanks Norwegian Cruiser 73. I had no idea that the inaugural sailing was no longer 11th June. I have spent the last 40 minutes holding on/speaking with MSC UK Customer Services. I am now on the 4th June departure. Thanks goodness for Cruise Critic and on-the-ball members!!

You'r welcome:) Great that you managed to book the inaugural sailing from Le Havre.

Not on the UK website they haven't as yet. I tried the Norway website but didn't see it on there either. Where are you looking?

Thanks

Stu

You'r right, not available on the UK and Norwegian MSC websites but on the German MSC webpage you will find the cruise. Then call you local MSC office like Beamafar did and eventually book. Hope this helps :) MSC don't market all their cruises in all markets so it's best to keep an eye out there :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Goodness!

There seems to be so much chatter about the Seaside project and virtually nothing when it comes to poor old Meraviglia!

How so?

Because this forum is predominantly US members where Seaside is going to be based ;whereas Meraviglia is based in the W. Med. so not so much interest to US guests as they have long flights to get to Barcelona