Any way to get to Bonair from Curacao

Lil Pups

We are booked on the 2/7 Eclipse cruise. Since the removal of Bonair hubby is in a total snit. We've been to all those islands time and time again and we booked this cruise because of Bonair and we have never been there. Blah, blah, blah. Me, I could care less but he actually wants me to cancel and find something with that island in the itinerary. Not gonna happen. Does anyone know if there is a way to get over there from Curacao since we'll be there for some time. Thx

We are booked on the 2/7 Eclipse cruise. Since the removal of Bonair hubby is in a total snit. We've been to all those islands time and time again and we booked this cruise because of Bonair and we have never been there. Blah, blah, blah. Me, I could care less but he actually wants me to cancel and find something with that island in the itinerary. Not gonna happen. Does anyone know if there is a way to get over there from Curacao since we'll be there for some time. Thx

Celebrity should offer an excursion. I think they owe you one!!!

The only way I know to get there is via Tiara Air. I understand it is about a 25 minute flight.

I had been researching this as well, it looks like there are a few airlines that fly between the islands for around 120 per person.

Check out Inselair or Flydivi

I'm also wondering if Celebrity will announce some sort of excursion that goes to Bonaire.

One other idea I was toying with (although doubtful that we'll actually do) is fly from Aruba to Bonaire, stay overnight in Bonaire and then fly to Curacao the next afternoon. This would give overnight in Bonaire and Curacao. Depending on the hotel in Bonaire, I figure I could justify it as moderately priced excursion.

Good luck with your planning!

If you want to switch lines, these ships will visit Bonaire next February:

Pullmantur Monarch

Carnival Glory

Carnival Sunshine

HAL Oosterdam

RCI Serenade of the Seas

HAL Zuiderdam

Princess - Royal Princess

We are booked on Equinox March 2017 and will lose our port call in Dominica, the main reason I booked this cruise. I found a cruise on Serenade of the Seas with RCCL that I may book today as I have it on 24 hour hold. I understand totally where your husband is coming from. I spent about an hour on phone with Celebrity Guest Relations yesterday.....may as well have talked to my refrigerator. RCCL has cruise with Boniar so you may want to check their site for 11 night Southern Caribbean Cruise sailing from Fort Lauderdale. It has port calls in Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba.

Happy sailing.

Thanks all for your ideas and comments. Seriously, what a mess. Another concern, what's the guarantee of booking something else and then they cancel the port. Maybe if Celebrity gets enough negativity about this they will offer an excursion. I'm going to just hang in for now and see what happens. Again, thx

Thanks all for your ideas and comments. Seriously, what a mess. Another concern, what's the guarantee of booking something else and then they cancel the port. Maybe if Celebrity gets enough negativity about this they will offer an excursion. I'm going to just hang in for now and see what happens. Again, thx

The chance of booking something else and having the port canceled is probably pretty low. Have not seen any other cruise line do what Celebrity has just done and make so many changes to cruises that are already for sale. Most changes are for things outside of the control of the cruise lines (weather, maintenance, safety, port conflicts, etc), these changes clearly are clearly under the control of the cruise line.

There are numerous flights each day. For example the first flight is at 9:30 getting into Bonaire at 9:55. The last return is at 10:05 pm getting to Curacao at 10:35. Cost around $120 per passenger.

The chance of booking something else and having the port canceled is probably pretty low. Have not seen any other cruise line do what Celebrity has just done and make so many changes to cruises that are already for sale. Most changes are for things outside of the control of the cruise lines (weather, maintenance, safety, port conflicts, etc), these changes clearly are clearly under the control of the cruise line.

Our TA said RCCL is contemplating port changes for next yr too. Never think never, nor "low probability" :eek:

After doing tons of research (thank you CRUZBUDS) hubby has decided to forego Bonair so 2/7 Eclipse here we come. I was considering Royal Princess but the stop is from 7-2. I believe that was Celebrity's stay as well. I know everyone's preferences are different. My thing is the ship and the cruise line. If the Eclipse sailed around Port Everglades for 2 weeks it would be fine with me. Happy and safe sailing

Our TA said RCCL is contemplating port changes for next yr too. Never think never, nor "low probability" :eek:

Seems like the brands owned by RCL are all doing the same thing. Celebrity did it, Azamara has apparently also done it, not surprising the RCI might also do it.

When I suggested low probability I was referring to non-RCI owned lines.

Seems like the brands owned by RCL are all doing the same thing. Celebrity did it, Azamara has apparently also done it, not surprising the RCI might also do it.

When the sun sets, they all tend to copy one another anywho!:D

i am on the OP's cruise and our original stop was from 8 to 5.

We've been to Bonaire before and it's a lovely little island with fabulous snorkeling , pretty beaches and a beautiful downtown with some interesting (read non Diamonds International type) stores.

We LOVE it there!

Also sad and looking for an alternative! :(

(Royal Princess is looking pretty good right now.)

• 1 month later...
i am on the OP's cruise and our original stop was from 8 to 5.

We've been to Bonaire before and it's a lovely little island with fabulous snorkeling , pretty beaches and a beautiful downtown with some interesting (read non Diamonds International type) stores.

We LOVE it there!

Also sad and looking for an alternative! :(

(Royal Princess is looking pretty good right now.)

The Royal Princess is a beautiful ship. I loved my time on her.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

When we got to the pier we were notified that our Bermuda cruise on the NCL Breakaway would be leaving Bermuda two hours earlier than what was advertised when we booked it. Anyone with a private excursion planned for the afternoon was probably out of luck.