Freedom Of The Seas Cancelled for the month for Jan 2015

It's a different class of ship though, so would the new cabins go in the same area?

Does anyone know where they will be taking Freedom to do all the work?

Freedom class is very similar to Voyager class, just stretched in the middle, so the new staterooms could go in the same area as they are on Navigator.

I don't know for sure, but ships in the US usually go to Freeport, Bahamas for dry dock.

Freedom class is very similar to Voyager class, just stretched in the middle, so the new staterooms could go in the same area as they are on Navigator.

I don't know for sure, but ships in the US usually go to Freeport, Bahamas for dry dock.

Where did cabins go on NV? What deck? Thanks

Where did cabins go on NV? What deck? Thanks

The most obvious staterooms were put on deck 12, forward, on top of the fitness center. Some also went on deck 3 in the bottom deck of the old night club.

Edited by clarea

The most obvious staterooms were put on deck 12, forward, on top of the fitness center. Some also went on deck 3 in the bottom deck of the old night club.
Thanks. The supposedly updated deck plans (post drydock) don't show anything different like new staterooms and new restaurants. Probably will change in the next few months.

Might be booking a cruise on Freedom of the Sea for Oct.11,2015

The 7 days price is very good. Opinions on the ship?

Have only been on Enchantment of the sea??

Does anyone know do all the ships have all inclusive drink packages?

So NV doesn't have a nightclub anymore? Or is it just the top floor now?

Sorry it's slightly OT, but I suppose it could end up relating to FOS if she is similarly modified.

Might be booking a cruise on Freedom of the Sea for Oct.11,2015

The 7 days price is very good. Opinions on the ship?

Have only been on Enchantment of the sea??

Does anyone know do all the ships have all inclusive drink packages?

All ships have the drink packages, and Freedom is being refurbished in early 2015.

So NV doesn't have a nightclub anymore? Or is it just the top floor now?

Sorry it's slightly OT, but I suppose it could end up relating to FOS if she is similarly modified.

No dedicated nightclub anymore. The top floor of the old nightclub is the Mexican restaurant Sabor. I believe they use Viking Crown for the nightclub function now.

Edited by clarea

Thanks. The supposedly updated deck plans (post drydock) don't show anything different like new staterooms and new restaurants. Probably will change in the next few months.

Here is the link for the new deck plans. These are off RCI's site. Not sure why you are still getting the old ones.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=12&shipCode=NV&shipProfile=1625&sailDate=1150412&hasNavigation=false

Here is the link for the new deck plans. These are off RCI's site. Not sure why you are still getting the old ones.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=12&shipCode=NV&shipProfile=1625&sailDate=1150412&hasNavigation=false

I believe the poster was looking for new deck plans for Freedom.

I believe the poster was looking for new deck plans for Freedom.

That would make sense.

Strange how previously RCI had a list with all the Drydock dates and what was being done for all the ships and now they don't.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

That would make sense.

Strange how previously RCI had a list with all the Drydock dates and what was being done for all the ships and now they don't.

My guess is that they don't really know exactly what they are going to do yet. For example, they used to list "Park Cafe" as coming on some Voyager class ship(s), and that quietly disappeared from subsequent lists.

No dedicated nightclub anymore. The top floor of the old nightclub is the Mexican restaurant Sabor. I believe they use Viking Crown for the nightclub function now.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. It works fairly well on the Radiance Class, but the atmosphere was definitely more night-clubby in the dedicated venues on the bigger classes.

I just did a mock booking for my February 2015 cruise to check on prices. Holy cow! $1200 more for 2 people than what I paid. Anyway, it considered the Freedom of the Seas a "new ship". States it's getting the Oasis class upgrades. What else besides the broadway show (Hairspray?) would be included in these upgrades?

I just did a mock booking for my February 2015 cruise to check on prices. Holy cow! $1200 more for 2 people than what I paid. Anyway, it considered the Freedom of the Seas a "new ship". States it's getting the Oasis class upgrades. What else besides the broadway show (Hairspray?) would be included in these upgrades?

Royal has not officially announced the list of changes to Freedom, beyond the show Hairspray. However, several people here have heard that the changes will be similar to what just happened with Navigator. See here for Navigator changes listed under "Experience All New Innovations":

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=NV&br=R

• 1 month later...
Any updates?

RCCL called me this week to see if I wanted to add a 2 day sailing after our New Years cruise. Looks like there are no other January sailings for Freedom of the Seas

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There were rumours that it will be getting the Dynamic Dining..........someone said the captain of Freedom confirmed it a few weeks ago during a Q&A with the captain on a recent sailing...

I was booked on Freedom of the sea Jan 18, 2015 that got cancelled so rebooked for the sailing Jan 4, 2015. I am one who looks at the price daily to see if the price goes down and notice that it said N/A. The whole month of Jan 2015 has been cancelled. Called them and yes it has been cancelled.

I feel your pain. We've had two cruises disrupted like this.