Ocho Rios

Willemien

Has anyone done the Resort for the day option here? It seems to me that the town itself is not very safe. Therefore, we are thinking of the All inclusive adult Jewel Paradise Cove. Are specifically interested in the snorkeling & glass bottom boat excursions here. Any information? :)

When we stopped there a few years back they told us to stay close to the port because of crime. Why they still go there I have no idea. I would suggest doing an excursion which one I am unsure. When we went, we went to one of there beaches and chilled out it. No Problems.

When we stopped there a few years back they told us to stay close to the port because of crime. Why they still go there I have no idea. I would suggest doing an excursion which one I am unsure. When we went, we went to one of there beaches and chilled out it. No Problems.

Thanks for the information

mahaganey bay or however you spell it has super good seafood platter for 2,,,,,,bout $70 bucks with 2 beers,,,,w went to st orient,,,,,folks were looking at me like marty feldman ,,,,my ole lady called it midget beach lol

We love seafood. Thanks for the information :)

harleyfatboy means Mahogany Beach.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147312-d7694638-Reviews-Mahogany_Beach-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

Jewel Paradise Cove is lovely and I think you would enjoy it. We went there last time we were in Jamaica. It is actually a Hilton property and the employees were very nice and helpful - could not do enough for us.

harleyfatboy means Mahogany Beach.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147312-d7694638-Reviews-Mahogany_Beach-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

Jewel Paradise Cove is lovely and I think you would enjoy it. We went there last time we were in Jamaica. It is actually a Hilton property and the employees were very nice and helpful - could not do enough for us.

Thank you for the information & the links. I will definitely look at it. Do appreciate it!☺

Has anyone done the Resort for the day option here? It seems to me that the town itself is not very safe. Therefore, we are thinking of the All inclusive adult Jewel Paradise Cove. Are specifically interested in the snorkeling & glass bottom boat excursions here. Any information? :)

I have done Jewel Dunn's resort for a day and it is beautiful. Includes transportation too which is a nice plus

A lot of people climb Dunn's Falls here which is fun however, getting out of the place, due to the physically aggressive vendors, is a nightmare!

If you politely say no thank you and keep walking past the displays you will be fine

The falls were good once- Ocho Rios - like most of Jamaica -is fairly unpleasant outside of gated resorts. Because staying aboard while in one port is generally relaxing, that is what we do on Jamaica calls - many other islands have comparable/better beach day opportunities at less/no cost.

The falls were good once- Ocho Rios - like most of Jamaica -is fairly unpleasant outside of gated resorts. Because staying aboard while in one port is generally relaxing, that is what we do on Jamaica calls - many other islands have comparable/better beach day opportunities at less/no cost.

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it.

We will be stopping there in August. Plan on doing Blue Hole and Shaw Garden, I think. We arranged a private tour so they will take us where ever we want. Found one with lots of good reviews online so I'm trusting them to help us pick some sites to see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums