Royal Princess cabins L107/L108 M107/M108 - change in balcony access during sea days

SteveInCA

Just found out that the corner cabins that had their balconies available during sea days no longer is that the case. See note below

Special Notes:

BALC ACCESS LIMITED WHILE SHIP IS AT SEAPART :mad: OBSTRUCT VIEW NON-GLASS BALC RAIL

This was is a change in usage from when first booked.

Does anyone have first hand experience on this.

Are they locking the balcony door on sea days (even though there is a side balcony area)?

If not given weather conditions have the balconies been usable?

Looking for answers from people that have actually sailed and used those cabins. Thanks

Does anyone know if they lock the balconys on L101,102,103 or 104?

I think those true forward facing balconies are supposed to be locked during sea days. However, I've heard report of those balconies being unlocked while at sea.

I think those true forward facing balconies are supposed to be locked during sea days. However, I've heard report of those balconies being unlocked while at sea.

I had heard that too but would like to hear from someone who sailed in one of these cabins or the forward cabins on Marina deck.

Royal Princess cabins L107/L108 M107/M108 - change in balcony

Just found out that the corner cabins that had their balconies available during sea days no longer is that the case. See note below

Special Notes:

BALC ACCESS LIMITED WHILE SHIP IS AT SEAPART :mad: OBSTRUCT VIEW NON-GLASS BALC RAIL

Are they locking the balcony door on sea days (even though there is a side balcony area)?

Looking for answers from people that have actually sailed and used those cabins. Thanks

Where did you see the above? We just booked M107, and I can't find the above anywhere on our reservation information!

As a point of info the end cabins on lido deck they will not let you burn your balcony light at night and they post that in your cabin and I talked to a couple in one next to me and they could use their balcony anytime!

We were in E115 for the transatlantic crossing and our balcony light would niot work.I asked the room steward to contact maintenance to repair the light.We were then told that it was disconnected because the light bothered the officers on the bridge while navigating.

Edited by johnmik1

That's not what I observed on my recent Royal cruise in December. I even asked Princess rep and they said those corner mini-suites only are restricted during rough seas. Saw people out on them during sea days.

Thanks for the info. We will keep our fingers crossed for calm seas and no head winds.

Where did you see the above? We just booked M107, and I can't find the above anywhere on our reservation information!

It is direct from the Prince.com website - if you mouse over the available cabin and then click for details you get the specific notes for the cabin.

Here is a link to screen snapshots of info from web site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/114099948@N08/

• 1 month later...

Special Notes:

Hey SteveInCa, hope you are still out there. We have just noticed the same disclaimer on our cabin, but it wasn't worded that way when we booked. Now that you've sailed, can you tell me if there were any restrictions on use of the balcony?

We are booked in L107, so am hoping we will be able to use the balcony (barring storms, etc.), lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey SteveInCa, hope you are still out there. We have just noticed the same disclaimer on our cabin, but it wasn't worded that way when we booked. Now that you've sailed, can you tell me if there were any restrictions on use of the balcony?

We are booked in L107, so am hoping we will be able to use the balcony (barring storms, etc.), lol.

Donna...we will be in that room is just under 25 days so send me a message on CC after the 20th of April and I will let you know.

Michael

• 2 months later...
Donna...we will be in that room is just under 25 days so send me a message on CC after the 20th of April and I will let you know.

Michael

Hello Michael, I'm not sure you'll even get this message, but I'll give it a shot. We were on the april cruise with you and saw your wonderful cabin. Did you by any chance talk to anyone who was in the direct forward facing cabins? I've heard that L1,2,3,4 and M1,2,3,4 balcony doors are locked during sea days? That would suck on a transtlantic. :mad:

By the way, we really enjoyed spending time with you guys and hope you have a great trip in the fall.:)

Marlise and John

Edited by Maddie's mom
Forgot to sign

It may have to do with the relative wind speed. While on CB last March, for two days the forward promenade was closed off due to excessive wind on the bow. The ship was sailing at high speed into a brisk breeze blowing from the direction the ship was sailing. Relative wind across the deck might have been 40 MPH. Of course, had the ship been sailing in the other direction relative to the wind, the wind speed might have been very low, approaching zero. A 40+ MPH wind speed might create issues blowing deck furniture, passengers, etc.

Hello Michael' date=' I'm not sure you'll even get this message, but I'll give it a shot. We were on the april cruise with you and saw your wonderful cabin. Did you by any chance talk to anyone who was in the direct forward facing cabins? I've heard that L1,2,3,4 and M1,2,3,4 balcony doors are locked during sea days? That would suck on a transtlantic. :mad:

By the way, we really enjoyed spending time with you guys and hope you have a great trip in the fall.:)

Marlise and John[/quote']

We were in L104 in March and the doors were not ever locked.

Michael

Aw shucks...I can't seem to find a way to message you so I will try your blog! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I just reserved M107 on the Royal for the April 25, 2015 TA and wonder if anyone knows the size of this cabin. I searched and found photos of the cabin and it looks like it has two distinct areas and a smaller couch and plus it has a wrap-around balcony.

Has anyone been in any of these bow cabins in rough weather? We have sailed in a Window Suite three times, so if the balcony is locked on some sea days, that is OK.

Edited by candide333

• 1 month later...

I had a chance to see that cabin last April. It's kind of L shaped which almost makes it feel like 2 rooms. The balcony is amazing. We were on a Caribbean cruise so they had access to the balcony at all times. I think Princess tries to discourage going out there in high winds or bad weather which could be possible on a transatlantic. I think the balcony is worth it though because of the wrap around. Enjoy. Would love to see it since I just lost my forward facing cabin.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Special Notes:

BALC ACCESS LIMITED WHILE SHIP IS AT SEAPART :mad:

I think it has always said that. But as some of the above posts have said, it does not represent reality.

Hi all, I have just disembarked the Regal Princess cabin M108 today in Venice. I can tell you the balcony size is amazing, at It's widest point, is 41 feet, the narrowest point is 8 feet but because of the shape is also 21 feet deep in places. There are no restrictions on accessing the balcony, and was only too windy to use one day.

the metal balcony was not an issue for us, neither was the privacy. The approaches to ports, especially Venice was amazing.

There is no forward observation balcony on this class of ship, so all of the M and L forward cabins were unique

Have cabin and balcony pictures if anyone needs,

[ATTACH]323945[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323946[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323947[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323948[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323949[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323951[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323952[/ATTACH]

Hi, am sure you will really enjoy this cabin class.