Latitudes rewards

Gravedigger

We get off Escape and board Getaway the next day moving from Bronze to Silver on completion of the first cruise, will we be silver on the 2nd cruise?

Just go to the latitudes desk and inquire. BUT, I had a companion who did NOT get any upgrade in benefits on a b/b. Was told it had to be noted in the system for it to be official. This was last year on the Star.

We get off Escape and board Getaway the next day moving from Bronze to Silver on completion of the first cruise, will we be silver on the 2nd cruise?

Go and talk to the Future Cruise people at their desk as soon as you board Escape and explain the situation to them. If they are any good they will see that your up-status is noted before you board Getaway. Then go and talk to the Future Cruise people as soon as you board Getaway. Make sure you have print outs of the position before Escape to carry with you.

If you are going from Bronze to Silver or Gold it is not a terribly big promotion !

HOWEVER !*! if that next leg is PLATINUM by all means make a fuss and

immediately contact the Future Cruise people - you will be missing a whole

bunch of goodies -

Services of the Concierge

Bottle of Sparkling bubbly

Chocolate Strawberries

Priority tendering boarding and disembarking

A fabulous *(cheap) dinner with bottle of wine at Le Bistro

1 free laundry bag

and perhaps an invitation to a Captain's Cocktail Party

All this better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick !

Bronze Silver and Gold all get the Returning Guest cocktail party

Gold gives you a few of the Platinum perks.

If you are going from Bronze to Silver or Gold it is not a terribly big promotion !

HOWEVER !*! if that next leg is PLATINUM by all means make a fuss and

immediately contact the Future Cruise people - you will be missing a whole

bunch of goodies -

Services of the Concierge

Bottle of Sparkling bubbly

Chocolate Strawberries

Priority tendering boarding and disembarking

A fabulous *(cheap) dinner with bottle of wine at Le Bistro

1 free laundry bag

and perhaps an invitation to a Captain's Cocktail Party

All this better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick !

Bronze Silver and Gold all get the Returning Guest cocktail party

Gold gives you a few of the Platinum perks.

We are platinum on Princess and just discovered NCL with our first cruise December, we loved the experience of the Getaway and will try to get to platinum asap but it may take a couple of years,

Thank you for all your responses.

you know that trying to get concierge as a platinum only member will be hard press to find... they service suites and haven customers first..

and if you can afford suites and haven... you get the same as platinum but more... to bad NCL does not come up with some reward from the high $ spenders...

and suite and haven buyers aren't repeat business...hmmmm

Of course they are and, like the rest of us, get their Latitudes Rewards for that repeat business. Don't they even get more Latitudes Rewards than the rest of us for just being in a suite or the Haven?

They spend lots more than I do but they get lots more for their spend than I get for mine. That is why the cruise line has different prices for different classes of staterooms.

OK.. I get what you are saying... but still what they spend at one time... really don't get a very good "reward".... there should be bigger free stuff as a platinum big spender... my 2cent.

OK.. I get what you are saying... but still what they spend at one time... really don't get a very good "reward".... there should be bigger free stuff as a platinum big spender... my 2cent.

Could we agree that it is far too easy to get to Platinum with only 75 points needed as it now doesn't require much repeat business.

A 25 night cruise in a Suite booked (not even paid for) 9 months in advance will get you there after 1 cruise. There are 10 cruises that allow this on the NCL website at the moment.

Similarly a 38 night cruise booked 9 months in advance in any other stateroom also gets you there. There are 4 of those.

Those figures are without combining cruise such as Rome-Dubai-Singapore.

What we both want, I think, is a higher level than Platinum and an increase in points to move up the levels.

The number of people at a Platinum event on board shows just how easy it is to get to that level.

Easy to get to Platinum ?

You Bet !

Could easily do it in one cruise except that you need 1 previous cruise to establish the Latitudes loyalty account.

NCL does have Platinum Latitudes cruise plateaus but those too are very easy to get to with cruising frequently and often - but the rewards are only token gifts !

But with the cheap skates at the helm of the corporate ship don't expect anything soon !

Easy to get to Platinum ?

You Bet !

Could easily do it in one cruise except that you need 1 previous cruise to establish the Latitudes loyalty account.

NCL does have Platinum Latitudes cruise plateaus but those too are very easy to get to with cruising frequently and often - but the rewards are only token gifts !

But with the cheap skates at the helm of the corporate ship don't expect anything soon !

We became Platinum the old way. 14 completed cruises.