What do you love about Celebrity Cruise Line?

Mjasp

Further to the excellent loyalty benefits: Celebrity and Azamara share the loyalty program, so any points you accrue on either line go to both. Celebrity also has 3 ships in the Galapagos -- these cruises are expensive, but they also carry extra points. Under the new system, if you book cabins in Concierge Class or higher you will start racking up points very quickly.

So many things to love. Drink package was the original reason we tried Celebrity, but it has been the great staff and fellow passengers that has kept us coming back. We've found the cleanliness of the ship to be top notch, especially in common areas.

Cafe Al Bacio - If you like coffee or tea, check this place out. They also have some nice coffee cocktails too. They also serve basic beers, wine and basic mixed drinks too. So if all the other bars are really crowded and this one isn't you can grab a quick drink.

Ensemble Lounge - Depending on the entertainment on board this is a great place to listing to a jazz trio / piano man / solo guitarist, etc. before or after dinner.

I have to agree with all of the other posters about the ambience of the ship and the quality of the crews all around. The Equinox and the Solstice also have hot glass shows that are unique and fun to watch. If you can manage the cost of Aqua Class the BLU dining experience is wonderful.

Having booked twice with Royal Caribbean and found reason to cancel, I can let you know the things that have been holding me back from switching cruise lines just now.

- Celebrity allows no smoking in interior spaces. This is the most important reason to me; the reason we originally chose Celebrity in 2010.

- I've read the RC board and it seems that you need to worry about reservations for shows and dining even before setting foot onboard. We like to relax and do what we feel in the moment.

- I've heard about needing to check out pool towels. I'm not sure where this policy stands now, but I know I don't want to deal with it.

- I like having a drink package. I opted to go without on my first Celebrity cruise while my husband chose to have a drink package. He tried to get full value out of the package (and failed most days), but he had a much better time than I did. It's not all that much fun juggling things around in order to sign a charge slip.

Thank you OP for starting this thread and thank you for the feedback provided. We will be on our first X cruise, may 2017, and this very positive thread is making us even more impatient to be on board! (Deck 13 or not. lol). A big thank you to all the X loyalists!

RCL Sovereign of the seas (1992), RCL Enchantment of the seas (2010), HAL Rotterdam (2014), HAL Maasdam (2015), Celebrity (2017)

DH and I decided to sail on Celebrity because we wanted to experience elegance and refinement and great customer service.

In the cabin: sliding glass door (very quiet) ample space in the balcony. Comfortable bed and pillows and a large room with a small sofa. We have sailed in Concierge class and we were amazed at the wonderful cabin steward and assistant. They were always available, friendly and attentive but we didn't feel crowded.

This is a cruise line that makes you feel like they are happy to help you in any situation and have very positive attitudes. You don't feel crowded because of a large group of guests like you might on RCCL, Carnival or NCL.

The food quality is great and the up charge restaurants are really delicious! Murano is our favorite! You can get discounts, just ask the person at the desk (of the restaurant). Qzine is really neat, a great experience!

You can actually relax in the adult pool area and there are many other places to just relax. If you want to do something, you can look at the dailies and either do trivia, watch cooking demonstrations or do many other activities. We are foodies so we love the buffet too![emoji39]

All in all, you will love it!

My favorite sailings are in Europe, especially in an aft S1 suite. That doesn't mean I always travel in one. However, we love Blu and Luminae is good too!

Our first cruise was on the Equinox, in a C2 cabin on the slant of the hump. With the oversized balcony. Also, we had the very best waiter ever! I always had a pillow for my back at dinner. My DH and I were hooked.

We always combine our cruises with land tours, since we live so many places in Europe. Our cruise is usually at the end of our trip.

We enjoy Celebrity because of the:

1. Gym

2. Consistency of their food

3. Layout of the Ocean View Cafe on the S class

4. Scones in the afternoon

5. Bread puddling

6. Eating lunch on the aft of the ship

7. Michael's Club for suites

8. Cafe al Bacio

9. Organization getting aboard

10. Asking for special things, like whipped cream or berries

11. Sitting out on the balcony

12. The great feeling I get looking forward to the nextS class cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the risk of being called a "Grumpy Old Man" I have to say one of the top three reasons I like Celebrity is the lack of children. I think the most I have seen on board is maybe 10. It's not that I don't like kids, it's that I like cruising without them better. My Bride and I are in our 50's and spend a lot of time with the grandchildren so this is a great way we can recharge the batteries.

Edited by Space Coast Cruisers

1. Longer port days & overnights on many of their European & Antipodal itineraries

2. The nice touches, such as mimosas on embarking, cold towels & drinks on returning from a warm port day, warm drinks on cold days.

3. Gorgeous, modern ships; no tacky, garish decor.

4. Great reward program.

5. The live entertainment in the Ensemble Lounge.

6. The uncrowded feeling in most of the public areas.

Sorry, had to edit to add: The No Smoking policy in all indoor & most outdoor areas... living in an area where smoking isn't allowed anywhere indoors & in few public places I sometimes forget that there are areas of the world where smoking is still common.

Edited by cruise kitty

For me, the smoke-free interior and balcony is the biggest plus for us. Also, the Station-oriented ocean view cafes on S class. Much better than those long lines. Lastly, probably the fresh ice cream, the burgers etc. at the pool are grille, and the calm environment

Can't believe someone hasn't mentioned the BEST thing about celebrity....

Rolled up hand towels waiting ready for you in the public bathrooms!!!

And on a warm day, iced towels at the gangway, when returning from an excursion.

Small touches add up to memorable experiences.

The crew members in their shelter with the iced towels and the drinks and the separate seating area are fabulous advertising for Celebrity--I hope the bean counters in Miami appreciate that. Cannot tell you how many times passengers from ships berthed on the other side of the quay have said they wished they had that and that they're impressed with Celebrity.

Those little touches (like real towels in the public bathrooms) do really set them apart.

At the risk of being called a "Grumpy Old Man" I have to say one of the top three reasons I like Celebrity is the lack of children. I think the most I have seen on board is maybe 10. It's not that I don't like kids, it's that I like cruising without them better. My Bride and I are in our 50's and spend a lot of time with the grandchildren so this is a great way we can recharge the batteries.

I totally agree about the kid factor!

Thank you so much, I am loving this thread.

Keep them coming!

I agree with the replies already provided. One thing I love that has not been mentioned is the AquaSpa Café in the morning. My DW loves to sleep in..me not so much. I love getting up, read my book for an hour or so, and depending on the time of year..watch the sun come up over the ocean horizon. Best place on the S-class ships is the AquaSpa Café on deck 12. In the same area with the Solarium so always plenty of room.

Some new to Celebrity might think that one has to have an Aqua Class room booked to use the AquaSpa Café....not so..open to all.

I love going there for my morning coffee, a mini muffin or two, and some fresh fruit while I reflect on the upcoming day and how truly blessed I am.

Cheers,

OHP

We enjoy the coffees from Cafe Al Bacio

dining in Blu

Tuscan Grille

the Ice Bar (Martini Bar) with the fun bartenders

and my personal fav, Persian Garden on Reflection (especially the ice room)!

We used to enjoy the folk singer in the Sunset Bar, but last time there was no live music at the Sunset Bar. Celebrity, if you read this, please bring back!

Dancing the night away in the grand foyer.

I'm going on my first X cruise in a little more than a month, and am very happy to read these responses. It's making me even more excited about embarkation.

As someone who is not even 30 I'm really happy that there won't be many children on board so no one has sounded like a grumpy old man to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Itineraries. What brought us to Celebrity in 2015 was the three two week cruises around South America on Infinity. Each of them different.

2017 will find us on Constellation for four great itineraries, again each of them different from the other.

Ice cream fresh in the buffet, a very good variety of foods altogether in the buffet.

Rear facing aft Concierge cabins.

Long port days and overnight.

Preciosity with RC and Azamara.

The staff.

I'm going on my first X cruise in a little more than a month, and am very happy to read these responses. It's making me even more excited about embarkation.

As someone who is not even 30 I'm really happy that there won't be many children on board so no one has sounded like a grumpy old man to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I am glad to see that not only empty nester cruise on Celebrity, and we have some younger ones also who sail. Although I have never sailed on Celebrity, I am looking forward to sailing without an over abundance of kids also.