one thing I can't control

bluejay555

The weather:rolleyes: We leave Sunday on the Dream and I see on weather.com that 2 of our ports are calling for 80% t-storms. Not scattered or isolated, but straight up t-storms. I have never had an excursion rained out. Will Carnival refund the money, or do we go, rain or shine? I want sun!!!! I hope our sea days are sunny at least....:)

The weather:rolleyes: We leave Sunday on the Dream and I see on weather.com that 2 of our ports are calling for 80% t-storms. Not scattered or isolated, but straight up t-storms. I have never had an excursion rained out. Will Carnival refund the money, or do we go, rain or shine? I want sun!!!! I hope our sea days are sunny at least....:)

Rain or shine unless there's a Hurricane or TS. If Hurricane or TS they send you to another port.

For the NYE cruise I took 6 months back we were in Cozumel and it rained. We made the best of it by drinking in the rain :)

If the excursion itself is cancelled, you should get refunded, but, if its through Carnival, you would get room credit, but if you don't use the room credit, that kind of credit will get refunded (so i'm told). If you look out the window and don't want to go out because its raining and the excursion took place anyways, then no, you will not get refunded.

I've had excursions cancelled for low participation and they've given us credit. I've had excursions cancelled for weather and gotten a refund for it.

The weather can be unpredictable down in the caribbean. We've come in to port under a torrential downpour, but an hour later, we had sun. You might get lucky.

Last month on the Dream our cruise was the same way - supposed to rain at 2 of the three ports were supposed to have 80% chance of rain before we left. We had a very short shower in Key West and one quick one in Freeport, not solid rain like I thought. Those long range forecasts are sometimes unreliable. Hopefully the one you are seeing will change as well.

My apologies, I didn't read the excursion part. Yes if they get canceled CCL will refund you.

I am on the same Dream cruise with you. I have had an excursion cancelled in the past in Cozumel simply due to rough seas since it interferes with snorkeling. I received refundable stateroom credit.

Don't waste your time looking at the forecast this far out. It is almost completely meaningless and you will worry for nothing.

Have fun!

The weather can be unpredictable down in the caribbean. We've come in to port under a torrential downpour, but an hour later, we had sun. You might get lucky.

I agree with this. Many times I have seen rain forecasted and only once do I recall it raining. And that was for a few minutes. It kind of reminded me of south Florida, or atleast my perception of FLorida (because it might be different if you are there more than a few days a year. :D).

We did one time have a cruise where they switched the port order supposedly due to weather. That is what they told us anyway. I am not sure about that though because the cruise before us had the same thing happen. It was a big pain actually, because I did not realize until I was watching a show or something and the CD told us that we were going to be in Cozumel the next day (which was supposed to be a sea day and then Jamaica). We had booked Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel and put down a deposit already. Perhaps we could have went there and got them to change or reservations, but we did not want to mess with it (and weren't really feeling like doing it anymore). So we forfeited our deposit. Oh and this was late April/early May, not hurricane season.

Ummm ... we are coming into the rainy season for the Tropics.

makes sense.

Umm..... thanks so much for that insightful bit of knowledge. You have been so incredibly helpful :cool:

Thanks for your responses everyone! I will try to quit looking at the extended forecast because you're right. The weather can change so quickly!

I am on the same Dream cruise with you. I have had an excursion cancelled in the past in Cozumel simply due to rough seas since it interferes with snorkeling. I received refundable stateroom credit.

Don't waste your time looking at the forecast this far out. It is almost completely meaningless and you will worry for nothing.

Have fun!

Yes, we've had snorkeling type excursions cancelled on sunny days because of rough seas.

Never had one cancelled just because it was raining.

LuLu

We're leaving Saturday on the Sunshine, doing the western itinerary, and have snorkeling booked for every port except Costa Maya. We're hoping we don't get cancelled, but understand if it is storming, or rough seas. With that said, we have had excursions cancelled for pretty much every reason, and if it's booked with Carnival, we do get a full refund, in the form of OBC. That's one of the reasons we like to book through the cruise line...you just never know what might happen, especially with the weather!

Here's hoping for the best next week!! Sunny days, and smooth sailing!!!:D