Ladies, what do you pack for 7 night Caribbean?

I take two pair of dress pants with different tops to mix and match. Shorts, shirts, bathing suits and flip flops.

Sounds perfect! You spend so much time in your swim suit and or shorts don't need much more. A pair of nice capris and dress pants with mix and match tops...SURE don't need a different outfit for every night! A pair of nice shoes for dinner and a pair of flip flops...u r ready for anything. Oh and a light hoodie for evenings:)

I over pack for every single cruise :eek: I always say I will pack well in advance (I never do) and I always say "remember you only ever wear 50% of what you pack".....but then panic (and a smidge of OCD) sets in, and before I know what's happening my suit case weighs 50 lbs :eek:

I'm leaving for the Freedom in a few weeks, I live in Canada so I can pack summer stuff now and not miss it. I am organized this time.....probably not!

I over pack for every single cruise :eek: I always say I will pack well in advance (I never do) and I always say "remember you only ever wear 50% of what you pack".....but then panic (and a smidge of OCD) sets in, and before I know what's happening my suit case weighs 50 lbs :eek:

I'm leaving for the Freedom in a few weeks, I live in Canada so I can pack summer stuff now and not miss it. I am organized this time.....probably not!

I do this all of the time too!:eek:

We cruise march 1st on Allure of the Seas and I'm starting to pull summer stuff out and make my list.:cool:o

I'm hoping to pack just the right amount this time!!!

This happens to me every time!! Plus I have to pack for my 3 kids! We end up with WAY more then we need haha

This happens to me every time!! Plus I have to pack for my 3 kids! We end up with WAY more then we need haha

Last cruise we came home with less than a quarter-pound between us to spare! We were scrambling the last day of the cruise to distribute the weight evenly in our suitcases. We were fine on the way there - it was the liquor we bought on the ship and in ports that put us (almost) over 50 lb per bag limit! And it's true - I packed so many clothes and ended up wearing swim suits and light sundresses / cover ups the entire week. Definitely going to pack lighter next time. :)

I personally take sundresses to wear in the evening - NO pants except for the pair I have to travel in. Why wear pants in the sunny and warm Caribbean? Oh, of course 4 swimsuits - takes time to dry a suit. Shorts during the day and a few tops - this is what usually over pack.

I always take a light weight cardigan to wear at night.

But, take what you are comfortable wearing in your summer months.

I try to pack at least a week before leaving, weigh the suitcase, then re-look at what I have packed - eliminate and/or add. (Or add to hubby suitcase)!

Yes, I usually over pack, but trying to buy something that is missed is a pain.

This is only our 5th cruise, but we do go to Aruba each year, so I pack the same....only thing different is the formal wear...which we really like to go all out.

Regardless if 7 or 14 days, I try and say try, pack 3/4 evening slacks and mix & match the blouses, 2/3 pair of shorts, same with the blouses, 1 pair of evening shoes to go with the slacks, Tennies. 3 or 4 nylons incase one tears, 6 bras & undies. I can always wash out in our cabin.

In about 3 weeks, I'm going on a 10 day cruise. This will be my longest cruise yet.

I consider myself a fairly efficient packer and have done well on my past cruises. This cruise is longer than I'm used to but I have the added benefit of driving to the port so I don't have any content or weight restrictions.

Without luggage restrictions, do you guys pack without restriction or do you still try to conserve space and plan to do laundry.

Speaking of which, how much is laundry on Royal?

I'm excited that I'm just driving to port but I don't want to over do it but I also don't want to be as restrictive as I've been on cruises I've flown to.

thanks

oops, I was trying to start a new thread but accidently added to a thread. Sorry for the hijack.

Edited by Vitality08

Doing a 7 night western Caribbean in a couple of weeks and trying to decide what to pack. Just for fun' date=' what clothing do you pack for 7 nights?[/quote']

Currently on the bed for next week:

5 sundresses

1 gauze set( long pants and a button down shirt)

2-3 tops

1 pair of shorts

1 bathing suit with cover up

1 knit ball gown( wrinkle free) for formal nights

sandals

heels (for formal night)

one bag of makeup

one bag of toiletries

to wear for boarding I will have a pair of slip on sneakers plus a pair of Yoga pants and a blousy top. comfy but still presentable if luggage has not arrived in time for dinner

We travel a lot since retirement so I have "travel only" clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. As soon as we get home, I unpack, launder, refill, and repack or remove. It is a lot easier to eliminate something when you have just hauled it around and not used it.

Clothes go as outfits on hangers in dry cleaner bags in spare closet. Everything else is in pouches in suitcase. When it's time to pack, I just z-fold the outfits into the suitcase and it is done.

Unpacking on ship (or wherever) is a snap -- just hang the outfits in the closet and put the pouches in drawers, shelves, or hanging shoe bag.

I would like to add, I use the packing cubes, this way I can quickly get into one with the rolled slacks during a night pre stay instead of pulling things apart to find the pair at the bottom. The packing cubes fit nicely into the suitcase then I just pull out and put clothes away once onboard.

cherski, I haven't tried just leaving the incidentals in the pouches, nice idea. With the upcoming crusie our daughter is joining us in the JS and it would make things easier if sharing a drawer.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I would like to add, I use the packing cubes....

Oh Yes! I love my ebags packing cubes! It's kind of like having drawers inside your suitcase. It helps me get organized and pre-pack…one cube holds all the underwear, one for nightwear, one for shirts, one for precruise clothing, etc. Makes unpacking so easy too as I just unzip the tops and put the cubes in drawers or on shelves and hang the stuff on hangers in the closet.

I don't really seriously overpack anymore, but I will admit I might have overbought the ebags cubes…just had to have different sizes and different colors. Then DH started using them. Now we have quite a collection…:o

Judy

Can you get away with just a carry on? Or do you all pack a checked bag of clothes as well?

Each of my kids is sharing space in their suitcase for a pair or two of shoes for me 😂 I'm glad they're still small and their clothes don't take up much space! 👍

I'd love to not have to check a bag..

Possible?

We travel a lot since retirement so I have "travel only" clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. As soon as we get home, I unpack, launder, refill, and repack or remove. It is a lot easier to eliminate something when you have just hauled it around and not used it.

Clothes go as outfits on hangers in dry cleaner bags in spare closet. Everything else is in pouches in suitcase. When it's time to pack, I just z-fold the outfits into the suitcase and it is done.

Unpacking on ship (or wherever) is a snap -- just hang the outfits in the closet and put the pouches in drawers, shelves, or hanging shoe bag.

Can you get away with just a carry on? Or do you all pack a checked bag of clothes as well?

Each of my kids is sharing space in their suitcase for a pair or two of shoes for me 😂 I'm glad they're still small and their clothes don't take up much space! 👍

I'd love to not have to check a bag..

Possible?

4 nights or less I do carryon only. 5 nights or more I do a checked sized bag. Usually pack the two of us (adults) in one bag for 7 nights. This includes what we consider dinner attire as we're not comfortable in jeans/shorts/tees in the dining room.

Oh boy...same here! That walk-in closet we had on our last cruise came in handy. I might do a carry-on this time for shoes and toiletries. Can't use my husband's suite case for my extras, because he's not going on this one. :eek: